• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Manual V Auto

Which do you drive?

• Manual

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Auto

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Don't drive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schaeffer - only way to go

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
W

WRXXXR

2 manuals and an auto. From a car lovers POV I prefer manual but it's very hard to argue with some of the autos available (fords, new GTR etc). Not to mention a heavy clutch is a pain peak hour traffic

F

Farm Boy

My apology stuffed up want to cancel.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TomDom95

manual all the way. nothing like cruising down then hearing the hiss of engine when chaning gears

svengali

Foundation Member
I like driving a manual because it feels more as if I am driving the car instead of just sitting there steering it. For the same reason I hate cruise control and haven't even bothered to figure out how to set it.

However, I recently drove an automatic Toyota Aurion and would have to say I doubt I could shift gears as quickly as this baby can - blink and you'd miss it.

P

Perth boy

Auto as long as it has the padel shit on the steering wheel. Best of both worlds.

Happy2

Legend Member
Love manual over auto But on saying that after driving a truck through some awkward places over the years A auto would be welcome Never going to happen but no harm in wishing Although auto transmissions are becoming more available

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Definitely manual :thumbsup: everything else is boring.

F

Farm Boy

Maybe I am just trying to trump you guys but if you can master these three there is noting that you cant swop cogs in.

Mack with a quad box
Spicer SST-14 speed transmission.
Foden 12-speed epicyclic gearbox.

W

WRXXXR

FB, Are they the ones that you have to put it in neutral, between gears and then you have to turn the handle or something after 6 gears or something to engage the next lot?

No commercial auto's available in the trucks?

Only paddle shift I'll ever own is the logitech G27 on my playseat / GT5 combo :(

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Farm Boy

FB, Are they the ones that you have to put it in neutral, between gears and then you have to turn the handle or something after 6 gears or something to engage the next lot?

No commercial auto's available in the trucks?

Only paddle shift I'll ever own is the logitech G27 on my playseat / GT5 combo :(

Too complicated to explain WRXXXR but the boxes
I quoted are some of the truck transmissions of yesteryear , and yes Allison have had an automatic truck transmission for years and about 15 or so years ago computer controlled constant mesh transmissions became available.

T

toyboy__27

Got to say i'm a manual fan myself, though will be driving an auto when I retire out of pure laziness

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Automatics leave more time to fiddle around.......with cell phones, radio or what ever (hmmmmmm who ever :angel1:) is sitting in the passenger seat. lol not necessarily a good thing......considering the traffic.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

S

Saige

ha ha ha...Rochelle, I was only talking about being busted a few times with my hands down my pants whilst driving....hahahaha!!!

xxxxxx