• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Madam Leigh

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
One time teaboy to the legendary Dorrie Flatman. Here's a little bit of history (or should that be herstory?) from an article 8 years ago.

2 February, 2011 4:34PM AWST
Iconic Kalgoorlie brothel madam calls it a day
By Emma Wynne

After 20 years in the sex industry, Kalgoorlie identity Leigh Varis-Beswick is retiring to travel and write her memoirs.

Ms Varis-Beswick summoned the local media to a press conference to announce her departure, saying it was time to hand over someone younger.

She made history in 1999 when she became the first transsexual in WA to win a seat on the Kalgoorlie-Boulder City Council, and is also well known in the city for her comedy club performances.

In recent years, in addition to managing the brothel on Kalgoorlie's Hay Street, she has also been giving brothel tours for tourists.

"When I first came to Kalgoorlie 20 years ago I used to notice people getting off the Indian Pacific and walking up and down the street, and I used to go out and show them through my old house. They used to think that there were drugs and gangsters in my house."

"When I gave them a tour and showed them that it was a just a big house full of girls, they were absolutely gobsmacked."

"I make the tours fun. I let people ask me questions and nothing that people ever ask me shocks me, because I've been there and done that."

There are far more women and families living in Kalgoorlie-Boulder than there were 20 years ago, Ms Varis-Beswick says, but the brothels will never go out of business.

"Men will always seek out the services of a working girl. I don't care where they are in the world. I'm sorry to people who don't believe me, but they will. You've just got to learn to live with us."

Lana

Madam @ Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member
Madam Leigh was so nice to me when i was in Canberra....... she cooked a crazy good and tasty roast!:D
i just didnt like going in the car with her and Madam Jacqui put those 2 together in a car and it was wide :D

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Madam Leigh was so nice to me when i was in Canberra....... she cooked a crazy good and tasty roast!:D
i just didnt like going in the car with her and Madam Jacqui put those 2 together in a car and it was wide :D

Sorry, am not a member of the millennial generation. What does it mean when something is "wide" in the context you write of?

Lana

Madam @ Langtrees
Staff member
Legend Member
Madam Leigh and Madam Jacqui were not the greatest drivers (sorry ladies) and they had a habit of yelling things out the window at ppl...... u just wanted to sink into the seat of embarrassment ...... i remember going shopping at coles in Canberra with them both and they did there best to stress me out that i decided to walk a bit in front :D so ppl wouldnt think they were with me...... Madam Leigh started yelling to me "hey u cock with frock on get back here cheeky" i felt about 2 inchs tall........ in the end i gave in and joined them.... i just wasnt as loud

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
That does sound like Leigh I walk faster than her so always staid 10 feet in front...when it cam to paying for things I wanted her right by my side she got some awesome discounts just by asking...