Lucky undies??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Do you wear a pair of lucky undies when clubbing because you believe it`ll help you get laid?
Do you make sure you don`t step on the cracks when walking along the sidewalk?
Do you always say bless you after you hear someone sneeze? (how many of us say bless me when it`s yourself that sneezes?)
I know myself that I don`t like to put shoes on the table or I will throw salt over my shoulder if I happen to spill some when eating.

How many of us here in any way at least a little bit superstitious and how many of us are not but just copy others?

I learnt from a Chinese friend once that they don`t like the number 4 because in thier own language it translates close to something meaning die or death, so now I avoid the number 4 as much as I can...

Fudd

Foundation Member
....when I used to play cricket, I would wear the same undies (washed and clean of course) each time we batted.....didn't improve my batting but I just felt more comfortable at the crease knowing I was wearing these particular undies.

Fudd :)

Happy2

Legend Member
My first senior game for Chapman Valley royals I had put on my left sock the left boot
then right sock & boot. We won so I did the same next week . Again we won, a
habit/superstition had begun Other players noted it and when we were thumperated by Bloody Northampton of all damn teams The dressing room was sombre and my left boot was ceremonially burnt.
BB I will always say bles you if some-one sneezes, and bless me if I sneeze
while alone

retrowolf

Horny Bugger
Gold Member
The number 4 thing is a Japanese thing as well. They have 2 words for 4, Shi and Yon, the Shi one is also the same word for death, so even thought most of us were taught shi as the japanese word for 4 at school, they will usually use yon instead. With the Chinese word si, it's the same thing.

W

WRXXR

....when I used to play cricket, I would wear the same undies (washed and clean of course) each time we batted.....didn't improve my batting but I just felt more comfortable at the crease knowing I was wearing these particular undies.

Fudd :)

Our indoor team has been in a major slump for the past 5 months (coming off 3 seasons in the grand final!). Couldn't win a game. 4 weeks ago I bought a funky pair of "lucky" undies. Haven't lost a game since :)