• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Love it when the Sex Industry hits front page of The West....Any comments

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Liberal rebellion over prostitution laws

A Government MP has warned Colin Barnett that any move to reintroduce controversial prostitution legislation to the Parliament will ignite a "civil war" in the Liberal Party.

In a strongly worded attempt to kill off the stalled 2011 Prostitution Bill, which includes plans to licence and partially decriminalise WA's sex industry, Liberal MP Nick Goiran urged the Government to abandon the touted reforms.

Mr Goiran, an Upper House MP and committee chairman in the last Parliament, said yesterday that prostitution must remain illegal and the Government should focus on rescuing women in the sex trade.

His views were supported by Lower House Liberal MP Peter Abetz, who said he would never support any attempt to legitimise prostitution.

Mr Goiran believes a rehabilitation centre, like one set up in Perth by former prostitute Linda Watson, should be replicated and funded by the Barnett Government.

"Rather than initiate a civil war, I anticipate the new Government would more likely be inclined to explore ways of supporting and replicating Linda's House of Hope," Mr Goiran said. "The aborted legislation would need to be resuscitated by a minister and then survive both the Cabinet and the Liberal Party room processes. This is, in my view, highly improbable."

He said the Premier's post-election victory pledge to start anew and not automatically reinstate previous Bills before Parliament gave opponents of the prostitution legislation hope. "In the unlikely event, the Bill returned unchanged then I would oppose it as you cannot have worked with as many victims of sexual abuse as I have and then conclude legal brothels are a good idea," Mr Goiran said.

Mr Abetz said the Government should send a delegation of MPs to Sweden, where laws targeting the clients of prostitutes have greatly curtailed the business.

"Wherever it has been legalised in the world it leads to a mushrooming of the sex industry and generally creates a massive problem of trafficking in women," he said.

The Barnett Government's planned changes were introduced with much gusto to Parliament two years ago by former attorney-general Christian Porter, who said it was time the Government made prostitution easier to police.

If passed the laws would allow brothel to operate in designated industrial areas, but they would be banned from residential areas.

Neither Mr Barnett, nor Attorney-General Michael Mischin - who said he supported the Porter Bill - would comment on the future of the prostitution Bill.

Mr Goiran, whom _The West Australian _contacted after an investigation into WA's sex industry, argues in an opinion piece today that licensing brothels would encourage organised crime and human trafficking.

"Attempting to regulate the prostitution industry relies on the naive expectation that proved non-law abiding citizens will suddenly become law-abiding ones overnight," he wrote.

WA's peak medical body, the Australian Medical Association, said prostitution was a health issue that needed regulation.

"We cannot allow it to go on unregulated," AMA State president Richard Choong said. "We cannot have a good public health system when the sex industry is unregulated."

C

Contrarian

[SIZE=7]What's the problem Ms. Sue? We all know that prositution is a sin and that all prostitutes are theiving, heroin-filled scum - especially in Australia. Don't even get me started on things like Venereal Disease, Herpes, HIV, Chlamydia or Mononucleosis!

These people should burn in the fires of hell forever and ever! Politicians aren't prostitutes! They improve people's lives - can you imagine the state of the universe if politicians and God weren't around??? Politicians don't sleep around like shameless prostitutes. And before any cynic even dares to think it - they don't fuck the whole nation at all. They're elected to do a job and by jingo, I'm glad they do it!!!

Heaven forbid! Hell even!
[/SIZE]
Why just the other day, my friends and I were on a yacht off Freshwater Bay looking at all these dole-bludging louts working on their skin-cancers! And this is how our conversation went:

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, very passable, that, very passable bit of risotto.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You're right there, Obadiah.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Who'd have thought thirty year ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Château de Chasselas, eh?
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In them days we was glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
A cup o' cold tea.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Without milk or sugar.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Or tea.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In a cracked cup, an' all.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we never had a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
The best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness, son".
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was right.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and live in a lake.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Cardboard box?
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.
ALL:
They won't!

Apologies to Michael Palin and mob.

Dallas

Legend Member
I know a lot of us want what's best for the ladies so I can't see how making the Industry illegal is going to help that at all, so when it comes to voting at the next federal election which party or politicians do you think would be most supportive of the industry and the welfare of the W/L's ?

Fudd

Foundation Member
I know a lot of us want what's best for the ladies so I can't see how making the Industry illegal is going to help that at all, so when it comes to voting at the next federal election which party or politicians do you think would be most supportive of the industry and the welfare of the W/L's ?

...unfortunately, no party will be able to do anything as the Commonwealth has no jurisdiction in this area, sect 51 of the Constitution. As such, the States have responsibility.

Dallas

Legend Member
...unfortunately, no party will be able to do anything as the Commonwealth has no jurisdiction in this area, sect 51 of the Constitution. As such, the States have responsibility.

Oh ok, thanks, I'll have to move permanently to Perth then so I can vote :)

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Mr Goiran, an Upper House MP and committee chairman in the last Parliament, said yesterday that prostitution must remain illegal and the Government should focus on rescuing women in the sex trade.

LOL :laughing4:laughing4:laughing4.......yes please Mr. Gorian, rescue me quickly. You might get a BJ while doing so........but sorry to tell you, only with condom.

R.xxxxxxxxxx

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, there you are, now we know what sort of Government we have elected.

I bet you didn't know that Langtrees, City West, 316 etc are all run by the Mafia, did you? I can just see all the girls chained up in dungeons below the building waiting for their turn on the floor while "madam" reclines on a gilded couch upstairs surrounded by armed goons and bags of cash.

Now the white knight Barnett is going to jump on his charger and rescue the fair damsels.

What a pity some of those idiot politicians wouldn't take the time to visit a couple of houses and talk to a few working girls so that they know what they are making laws about. Instead, we are going to see the prejudices drummed into them by churches and other wowsers reflected in another batch of useless and probably unenforceable laws.

Hopefully, once again, this issue will quickly fade out of sight and return to its back burner position.

Fudd

Foundation Member
...I can just see all the girls chained up in dungeons below the building waiting for their turn on the floor while "madam" reclines on a gilded couch upstairs surrounded by armed goons and bags of cash...

....Ms Sue???....lol.... :)

T

Tania Admin

Well, there you are, now we know what sort of Government we have elected.

I bet you didn't know that Langtrees, City West, 316 etc are all run by the Mafia, did you? I can just see all the girls chained up in dungeons below the building waiting for their turn on the floor while "madam" reclines on a gilded couch upstairs surrounded by armed goons and bags of cash.

Damn the secret is out. But in our defense they look so sexy chained up ;) lol

Holford

Gold Member
The current articles in The West are again trying to facilitate the stero types, especially letters to the editors. The continued argument that people want to get out of the industry can be said about us all doing jobs we hate and being used by employers. Some people like in mining and football are controlled 24x7 and dictated to their lifestyles by employers. One needs to also remember that all crappy jobs are done by overseas people and those that are or have fallen on misfortune.

It is sickening that the religious mindset is changing WA's way of life turning this state into a place a kin to communist Russia. With all the politics around social drinking, prostitution and social media one has question the rationale and common sense of the twits in power. Soon we will be jailed for having sex as consenting adults, having a beer in a restaurant and giving an opinion on a web site, yet you can steal, bash old people and legitametly steal from tax payers (under the disguise of govt) and not single prosecution. Perhaps the authorities should concentrate on enforcing real crime than be lazy wankers and get in over in the politics.

I find it strange that the powers to be are continually trying to fight human nature and wanting us to be some American idealistic set of humans that live perfect lives for some nevana. WA is changing laws to try andbe like the yanks were and are, where a nipple slip can bring down a country, but you do have a right to shoot kids at school. Our fear in dealing and understanding peoples needs and desires (all people not just rich) is creating all these bezzar ideas and attitudes that religious simpletons exploit.

Sure we need to change prostitution laws to make it safe for the workers and the clients, but let's have real practical ideas. Sure we need to deal with violent people, we need to look at the cause, alcohol is not the cause, it's society attitudes to all these things our willingness to accept lying, cheating, stealing, bad manners, non respectful people and emphasis on ME, that's the problem. You can then allow our society to once again have the pleasures that we are entitled.

I hope the newspaper trolls that look through this forum get of their asses and some real reporting, investigate why our culture is being changed and report on the pilfurring of WA finances and culture, by extremists and greedy powerbrokers, that's your job, not making ilinformed stereotyped sensationalised crap.

F

Farm Boy

LOL :laughing4:laughing4:laughing4.......yes please Mr. Gorian, rescue me quickly. You might get a BJ while doing so........but sorry to tell you, only with condom.

R.xxxxxxxxxx

Cut it out Rochelle Some Farmers want Government help as well, and BJs are not our field of expertise.

Holford

Gold Member
The editorial in the West was well written by Rebecca Davies, finally some sensical commentary. It's just a pity that average people cannot reflect their opinions on this topic due to the stereotyped stigma that would get brandished around and the fact we don't live in a free society.

Not sure about the comment we get the govt we deserve, I suspect our apathy results in the outcome we have but those that get into govt should still be looking after the interests of everyone for the betterment of our community to survive, be prosperous and happy, not take advantage of the apathy to exploit the masses and use authorities to maintain that power.

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
Holford,
Under the previous government the established houses lobbied extensively for the introduction of these laws.
They eliminate competition and give them total control of who works and when.
The privates who work on their own would have no option but to shut up shop or risk considerable fines and even imprisonment.
Touring girls would not be able to operate.
In other words a total monopoly.
This forum by its very nature (and perhaps by intent) is a vehicle to identify and gather data on private working ladies that would be collected by the relevant persecution brigade.

It would be a very bad commercial decision for the established houses not to progress their agenda with their groomed lobbyists (a polite word for a Political Harlot) before other more important and pressing matters pushed the topic on to the back burner.
I am cynical about the timing of the latest coverage of the abandoned laws. It is just too convenient.
Is it really, or was it ever that important to any but the interested and most vocal few that have the potential for power and financial gain?

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
Liberal rebellion over prostitution laws

A Government MP has warned Colin Barnett that any move to reintroduce controversial prostitution legislation to the Parliament will ignite a "civil war" in the Liberal Party.

In a strongly worded attempt to kill off the stalled 2011 Prostitution Bill, which includes plans to licence and partially decriminalise WA's sex industry, Liberal MP Nick Goiran urged the Government to abandon the touted reforms.

His views were supported by Lower House Liberal MP Peter Abetz, who said he would never support any attempt to legitimise prostitution.

Mr Goiran believes a rehabilitation centre, like one set up in Perth by former prostitute Linda Watson, should be replicated and funded by the Barnett Government.

"Rather than initiate a civil war, I anticipate the new Government would more likely be inclined to explore ways of supporting and replicating Linda's House of Hope," Mr Goiran said. "The aborted legislation would need to be resuscitated by a minister and then survive both the Cabinet and the Liberal Party room processes. This is, in my view, highly improbable."

He said the Premier's post-election victory pledge to start anew and not automatically reinstate previous Bills before Parliament gave opponents of the prostitution legislation hope. "In the unlikely event, the Bill returned unchanged then I would oppose it as you cannot have worked with as many victims of sexual abuse as I have and then conclude legal brothels are a good idea," Mr Goiran said.

Mr Abetz said the Government should send a delegation of MPs to Sweden, where laws targeting the clients of prostitutes have greatly curtailed the business.

"Wherever it has been legalised in the world it leads to a mushrooming of the sex industry and generally creates a massive problem of trafficking in women," he said.

The Barnett Government's planned changes were introduced with much gusto to Parliament two years ago by former attorney-general Christian Porter, who said it was time the Government made prostitution easier to police.

If passed the laws would allow brothel to operate in designated industrial areas, but they would be banned from residential areas.

Neither Mr Barnett, nor Attorney-General Michael Mischin - who said he supported the Porter Bill - would comment on the future of the prostitution Bill.

Mr Goiran, whom _The West Australian _contacted after an investigation into WA's sex industry, argues in an opinion piece today that licensing brothels would encourage organised crime and human trafficking.

"Attempting to regulate the prostitution industry relies on the naive expectation that proved non-law abiding citizens will suddenly become law-abiding ones overnight," he wrote.

WA's peak medical body, the Australian Medical Association, said prostitution was a health issue that needed regulation.

"We cannot allow it to go on unregulated," AMA State president Richard Choong said. "We cannot have a good public health system when the sex industry is unregulated."
It's been an on again off again subject as long as i can remember but nothing ever comes of it!