• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Love is a battlefield...

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
A Perth man was pictured in a beautiful embrace with his girlfriend at a riot. police fired tear gas, shops were looted and cars burnt after the Vancouver Canucks lost an ice hockey final to the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night in Canada.

He said his girlfriend had been knocked down in the riot.

"I was just trying to calm her down," Mr Jones said

What a beautiful image...

I am now putting my rose coloured glasses back on...:love10::love8::love7:

riot_giant_16vnvd5-16vnvd7.jpg

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

Oh, I love it!!! What a romantic, once in a lifetime moment! They'll be talking about this night for the rest of their lives...
Definitely an Ohhhh moment!!!

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
It is a wondeful image...
Reminds me a bit of that scene from "The Notebook"
I don`t know anything about photography so perhaps someone can teach me...

Why is it that the riot officer is so out of focus yet they seem to be so clear and then the background seems out of focus again.

YouTube - ‪The Notebook "Chasing Cars"‬‏

Fudd

Foundation Member
....Why is it that the riot officer is so out of focus yet they seem to be so clear and then the background seems out of focus again.

...depth of field focussing, BB.

I'm not a photographer but more sophisticated cameras (such as those with a manual/auto manual setting) allow the user to adjust the lens so that it can focus (or point on) a specific subject regardless of what's in the frame. This is something that the current digital "point & shoot" cameras can't do.

Fudd :)

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Thanks... I grew up using a simple Brownie camera and now I use the most simple digital camera I can find...

All this hi tech stuff is too hard for me...

Fudd

Foundation Member
Thanks... I grew up using a simple Brownie camera and now I use the most simple digital camera I can find...

All this hi tech stuff is too hard for me...

....the current ones are quite simple to use, BB.....just need to practice. As an example, I took this pic using that technique. The photo is of a lady in a medieval re-enactment pagent. I focussed only on the lady's face so that the rest of her (eg, hands) and the people in the background were blurred.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Nice shot...
Do you not have to worry about shutter speed or whatever they call it??

Fudd

Foundation Member
Nice shot...
Do you not have to worry about shutter speed or whatever they call it??

....I don't know what the situation is now with the digital non point & shoot camera as I don't own one. I still have an old Cannon EOS camera (which I used to take that shot) but that unit used film. With that Cannon, I would adjust the shutter speed depending on what type of film I was using.

Hopefully, when the cost of these non point & shoot digital cameras comes down (should try and look on eBay...), I'll then upgrade.

W

WRXXXR

It's definitely one of those once in a lifetime photographs but they certainly take their hockey pretty seriously!

7shie.jpg

F

Farm Boy

That hockey loss makes yesterdays little fracas on the steps of Parliament House look a bit underdone.