Life after Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdm85

Gold Member
Right now things are bad and will more than likely get worse but what about life on the other side of this. What will it look like? Hopefully none of us get sick and loose a loved one but sadly it seems inevitable.

A lot of people will be hurting, particularly those who are industries where a lot of people make 100's of $$+ an hour. Lawyers, footy players, ceo's etc all stand to loose a lot i think. There just won't be enough money there to pay them such exhorborent money.

Superannuation, houseprices and shares will bounce back after a few years i think. It's always been about time in the game and this is no different.

Will we go back to life as greedy and selfish consumers trying to keep up with the Jones's? Will we keep wasting what little money we have on $30 breakfasts with our friends, tattoo's, beauty treatments, the latest iphone, 75" tv etc or will we slow down on materialism?

Debt is going to be an interesting one. Mortgage interest rates might fall? Do we lock in for 2 or 3 years at 2.1X% or wait and see what happens? Having credit card debt, dodgy personal loans etc may be the cause of many bankruptcies.

Cost of living surely can't continue to rise and mental health problems will go through the roof.

Do we continue to rely on China so much or do we start bringing manufacturing etc back into Australia?

Crazy times indeed.

dan60

Diamond Member
footy players might have to sell some of their assets, poor things.
i'm more worried about people living week to week on the breadline.
postpone the mortgage? but how do you pay the frigging thing off, it's just going to accumulate isn't it, or have i missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.