ladies tennis

Happy2

Legend Member
Just watching the ladies tennis
Who else thinks the ladies game is losing fans with these girls who scream every time they hit the ball
I have never been a huge fan of tennis but do enjoy a good game very now and then But I tuned in yesterday watching two beautiful ladies who must have been 40% legs & 40% lungs scream at each other Turned off within 5 mins
Is tennis shooting itself in the foot As I'm sure it is just a tactic by many players

scarlett lee

Gold Member
So let's get this straight H2: are you suggesting that elite, world class, highly trained athletes competing at the highest levels of an incredibly strenuous sport should hush their pretty little mouths because you don't find it attractive? Just asking for clarification here . . . o_O

Happy2

Legend Member
Well Yes I guess I am
Surely it was just as strenuous 20 years ago with less advanced racquets
And if they are such finely highly trained athletes Why are they still playing a maximum of three sets for equal prize money to the men?
We always speak of equality in everything else

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I'm pretty sure it was Monica Seles who began this very annoying grunting trend 20-odd years ago (before she got stabbed, by a fed up spectator I thought at first, but no it was an opponent's fan). You can understand the occasional grunt in any physical contest, but is it really necessary for every bloody shot? It does have an air of look-at-me-look-how-hard-I'm-working about it that is quite off-putting.

As for equality, it would seem that if women are deemed capable of engaging in mortal combat (many husbands would probably say this is nothing new), an extra couple of sets of tennis to justify the prize parity should be a cakewalk.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I thought they were playing a game of iMoana Tennis. The person who screams or moans loudest wins. The tennis part is just a bonus.