• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelliicopter

Gold Member
Hello, I am the Jelliicopter and I'd like to post about the music I find on Bandcamp.

For my first post I'd like to keep it small with a four track Experimental Grindcore EP by the band Tryptamyne(https://tryptamyne.bandcamp.com/album/tryptamyne). If you aren't familiar with Grindcore it's a metal genre based around quick songs that end as abruptly as they begin. The first two tracks on this EP are under two minutes long but the artists manage to cram a lot of influence and progression into such a short time frame. The last two songs are much longer going for five to six minutes and take a much more jazz fusion approach. My favourite song on the EP would have to Learn, the woman vocalist is amazing and the harmonised singing with the man(I don't know their names) is really interesting in my opinion.

There's a lot of musical ideas crammed into this 15 minute EP and it's one of those things that reminds why I enjoy seeking out the lesser known artists on the bandcamp platform.

Jelliicopter

Gold Member
My second offering to the gods of music is eleven/eleven by Mr. SOS and Mr. Enos(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n-Kk6XF-3iKXMKOu0Bw75STQaybgUEgqg).

A modern hip hop album with old school production and flows. The subject matter of the lyrics is all social issues and wanting change for the better. I find it hard to pick a favourite song for this album as I like them all equally, no two songs sound the same.

Jelliicopter

Gold Member
Today's pick is an instrumental album from the band Electro Quarterstaff called Gretzky. Featuring three guitars the album starts hard and fast with wacky riffs and fast drums, highly recommended for fans of blast beats, intricate guitar and odd time signatures. Not for the faint hearted.

Jelliicopter

Gold Member
Raashan Ahmad's The Sun album is a great collection of jazzy/afrobeat hip hop that deals with social issues. All the songs on this album are vastly different from one another ranging from slow ballad lows to up-tempo energetic highs. If I had to pick a song to stick on a playlist it would be Wonderful Fantastic, it's a nice jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.