• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Intellectual Crushes

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
I have a great interest in history and there are two history/archaeology show presenters who are really rock my boat.

Professor Alice Roberts

Prof Alice Roberts Outside_portrait_leaning-on-wall-683x1024.jpg
and Dr Janina Ramirez (she speaks fluent Pictish. Who in the hell speaks that these days?)
WW-Dr-Janina-Ramirez.jpg
Both are very intelligent, very well educated and very easy on the eye.

So lets see your Intellectual crushes. 😊

Elizabeth Ely

Gold Member
I have a great interest in history and there are two history/archaeology show presenters who are really rock my boat.

Professor Alice Roberts

View attachment 89210
and Dr Janina Ramirez (she speaks fluent Pictish. Who in the hell speaks that these days?)
View attachment 89211

I have to ask; what kind of intelligence do you prefer?
I mean, would you rather a person that could quote Hemingway and listen to Hamilton or a person that comes up with her own ideas?
Traditional intelligence can often be attributed to nothing more than having an excellent memory. What’s so sexy about that?

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
I have to ask; what kind of intelligence do you prefer?
I mean, would you rather a person that could quote Hemingway and listen to Hamilton or a person that comes up with her own ideas?
Traditional intelligence can often be attributed to nothing more than having an excellent memory. What’s so sexy about that?
I am an engineer. I cannot remember half of the unrelated stuff I had to memorise getting my qualifications. My career is built from experience.

Sexy? I think an active mind shaping an engaging personality can be incredibly sexy. Does not matter to me if they have do not have a formal education or have a masters degree in astrophysics.

Hope that answers your question.

CDSC

Gold Member

Professor Alice Roberts

My daughter is doing a comparative linguistics Masters in Oslo University at the moment...
No.. lol

View attachment 89210
View attachment 89211