• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

how often can you pick up

custer-old

Bronze Member
I all ways here of people talking about how they go out and always pick up I never seem to I am so over this I just dont belive it am I the only one who finds it had to pick up I am starting to think I will never find some one I am 26 and my hopes of ever meeting some one are starting to fad

Fudd

Foundation Member
I all ways here of people talking about how they go out and always pick up I never seem to I am so over this I just dont belive it am I the only one who finds it had to pick up I am starting to think I will never find some one I am 26 and my hopes of ever meeting some one are starting to fad

....26 and your hopes of meeting someone are fading????.....oh, phooey!!!!....when you get to my age (52) and the only thing you've been able to pick up in 30 years is......a cold, THEN you'll know that its passing/passed you by.

The one thing I have learned in that time is that, unlike us men, women prefer quality over quantity. In other words, if you're looking for a sex, put your hand in your pocket and see a W/L (and be respectful). If your looking for a partner, then make sure your approach (in bars, clubs etc) reflects the type of person you're seeking to meet.

Fudd :)

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
It has more to do with 'style' than age.... So if your present 'style' is not working for you then try a different approach.

I did all right for myself, when I was 30 years older than you are now.... and if I can do it...any one can!

I once employed a Guy who had the right 'style'.... he would simply come straight out and say.. "Would a fuk be out of the question"...?

70% said "It certainly would".... but the other 30% would say something like.. "No, not at all"

Sure he got a lot of knock backs...but he got a lot of fuks also!

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Interesting comments.
I am happily married and so no longer stressed about picking up anyone because of the emotional complications. I would prefer to pay to enjoy some worry free sex with a sex worker.

However my attitude seems to attract the opposite sex. I know there are times I could take things further but just not interested.

So my advice is stop stressing you too will be more attractive to the opposite sex.

I admit I did not have much luck with ladies myself until I stopped stressing about it. Yes my wife is living proof this advice works.
:walk:

C

Curious1

Confidence, politeness, appearance and inteligence!
Put all these together, and women will be picking you up!

retrowolf

Horny Bugger
Gold Member
Haha, I've never "Picked up" but I'm happily married and have been for over 2 years. My girl chased me for a long time apparently with me being oblivious.

But seriously, women in that situation are way more superficial than they would ever admit. I guess it is a defence mechanism, having to wade through all the willing and able. But if you have a face like a smashed crab or are carrying a few extra kilos around, you are much better off avoiding the whole scene. There are pleanty of ways to meet amazing women (this forum for example, I've met a few from here now...) and fair enough they might not lead to a meaningless one night stand, but it will all work out in the end.

Good luck mate.

B

blackdahlila

Your name isn't Stefan is it? Haha! I know a guy who is 26 and a virgin. It's kind of sad because he's an awesome guy but it is obvious he is a virgin sometimes and this makes girls around him uncomfortable. Honestly though, as a friend of his I can see his sweet, caring nature and how any girl who had him would be very lucky. He just hasn't found the right girl yet. So I would suggest you keep trying and don't give up. Just be confident and enjoy time with mates. The rest will fall into place.

Dalilah xx

BigPhil912

Bronze Member
custer as a 28 yr single male i get where you are coming from... just all the trouble and effort to pick up for little return, no matter how nice you are

Stubbies

Silver Member
Just start with G'day, or hello... you don't have to have a great pickup line. Don't "try" too hard, be as relaxed as you can, (in the circumstance, which is always a bit nervy), stay sober, and if you get a knock back move on to the next young lady. Persevere, and you will get lucky, eventually...

18htan

I always found it to be a numbers game.

But you need some confidence, and always got the best results tackling a group of chicks.

M

Miranda Fox

Hey guys whose picking who up ?

I go out for a break, have a drink at a pub. Guys approach me, start talking trying to pick me up. Sorry but I am just relaxing having a quiet drink. :)

C

Curious1

Hey guys whose picking who up ?

I go out for a break, have a drink at a pub. Guys approach me, start talking trying to pick me up. Sorry but I am just relaxing having a quiet drink. :)

What if its just a social chat?
I do that often at a bar...just chat to some pretty chick (and some ugly ones lol) if they look interesting enough.....not trying to pick up though.

F

frendoto

What if its just a social chat?
I do that often at a bar...just chat to some pretty chick (and some ugly ones lol) if they look interesting enough.....not trying to pick up though.

Me too. Some of the most socially unpleasant experiences I've had are when I see a lady suddenly think that I'm trying to pick them up. They are physically struck by the (false) realisation. You can see the thought occur to them. Their whole demeanour changes (this usually happens to ladies who don't seem to be used to being chatted up).

Some of their faces are like this: 'you're trying to pick me up with THAT conversation?' I used to be stunned by their rudeness and vanity, but the last time it happened I forced a laugh, shook my head and said 'is that what you think this is? Why would you even think that?' and I left. That's as polite as I could be.

Now I am very careful about what I say to single ladies. It's a shame that sometimes we cannot talk to each other like civilised people.

I only try to pick up when a girl is clearly interested in the first place. Otherwise, I'd rather just enjoy the occasion.

M

Miranda Fox

This happened Saturday night
A man approached me, started talking
You turn me on, can I leave with you.?