• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

How it feels to have a stroke - Inspiration and Creative Talks

L

Lantana

I adore this video. Even if it doesn't seem like your cup of tea, give it a chance and i promise it will inspire you too. either way, it's interesting and i recommend viewing other TED talks, w3hich can be found on youtube.

YouTube - How it feels to have a stroke

Excerpts from the talk: "When I awoke later that afternoon I was shocked to discover that I was still alive. When I felt my spirit surrender, I said goodbye to my life, and my mind is now suspended between two very opposite planes of reality.

Because I could not identify the position of my body in space, I felt enormous and expensive, like a genie just liberated from her bottle. And my spirit soared free like a great whale gliding through the sea of silent euphoria. Harmonic. I remember thinking there's no way I would ever be able to squeeze the enormousness of myself back inside this tiny little body.

But I realized "But I'm still alive! I'm still alive and I have found Nirvana. And if I have found Nirvana and I'm still alive, then everyone who is alive can find Nirvana." I picture a world filled with beautiful, peaceful, compassionate, loving people who knew that they could come to this space at any time. And that they could purposely choose to step to the right of their left hemispheres and find this peace. And then I realized what a tremendous gift this experience could be, what a stroke of insight this could be to how we live our lives. And it motivated me to recover.

brain awarenessSo who are we? We are the life force power of the universe, with manual dexterity and two cognitive minds. And we have the power to choose, moment by moment, who and how we want to be in the world. Right here right now, I can step into the consciousness of my right hemisphere where we are - I am - the life force power of the universe, and the life force power of the 50 trillion beautiful molecular geniuses that make up my form. At one with all that is. Or I can choose to step into the consciousness of my left hemisphere. where I become a single individual, a solid, separate from the flow, separate from you. I am Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, intellectual, neuroanatomist. These are the "we" inside of me.

Which would you choose? Which do you choose? And when? I believe that the more time we spend choosing to run the deep inner peace circuitry of our right hemispheres, the more peace we will project into the world and the more peaceful our planet will be.

E

Elise Emerald Kitten

BIURbk4gkpZ6iporwJXmyFByEd

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lantana

im glad you enjoyed it. sometimes i want to share lots of weird and wonderful things i find on the net, but feel others may not identify with it or find it/me strange for doing so. i do post on another forum where metaphysical topics and other spiritual discussions are the norm.

i'm reading the power of now by eckhart tolle (finally) and it's such an enlightening book. i recommend.

E

Elise Emerald Kitten

08AzNrPbhHWXmpWWRbEdB2VGK9ndueRdb5

Last edited by a moderator: