• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Generator suggestions...

Richard Forum IT

Richard IT
Hi,
We are currently looking at upgrading the IT infrastructure to include a small "UPS(Uninterrupted Power Supply) friendly" generator.
The specs need to be,
1. pure sine-wave output
2. fuel injection powered (or diesel)
3. portable and storable
4. 3-4KVA

So far we are looking at a couple, see attached PDFs below, but any suggestions/experiences/opinions on other generators to suit would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Attachments

• P3000 Data Sheet.pdf
    364.7 KB · Views: 7
  • HY3200SEi-Tech-Data-Genelite.pdf
    447.1 KB · Views: 6

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Honda is always highly recommended by farmers and those living off grid

souvik

KSutra IT
Gold Member
Hi Richard,
you still looking for it !!
I may have some suggestion for that.
why dont you go for a online UPS with 3-4 KVA ( i have used one of Emmersion ) for a call centre suit with 8 car rechargeable batteries which will give at least of 4-5 hours of backup.
Just saying

sparky

Legend Member
Don't go itech they are built to a price
Do you need 3-4 kva?
How long do you want back up power to last?
How and what is the equipment going to run from the gen?

Richard Forum IT

Richard IT
Hi Richard,
you still looking for it !!
I may have some suggestion for that.
why dont you go for a online UPS with 3-4 KVA ( i have used one of Emmersion ) for a call centre suit with 8 car rechargeable batteries which will give at least of 4-5 hours of backup.
Just saying
Hi Souvik,
Interesting...
Thanks for the idea.

Richard Forum IT

Richard IT
Don't go itech they are built to a price
Do you need 3-4 kva?
How long do you want back up power to last?
How and what is the equipment going to run from the gen?
So far we are looking at the Kruger generators which look pretty good. https://krugerpower.com.au
- We are looking at an expandable situation covering 3-4 power outlets, wired in via switchover on one isolated 10Amp circuit.
3-4KVA may be a bit small if we go the to this level but it will be powering to start with a server room with multiple servers and appliances and possibly a few workstations. 6.5KVA seems to be a better size.
- We want the backup power to last as long as a blackout lasts, open ended really, so hopefully refillable in a short period.
- Servers on UPS/Computer Equipment/Communication Equipment on UPS.

Last edited:

Pluck a Duck

Fnck a duck!
Bronze Member
Why don't you try Duracell batteries instead? It keeps on going and going and going..

cue boring joke when installed the other way into a vibrator