friends with benefits (FWB)

sugad1c

Bronze Member
I currently have one, but made it clear from the beginning that’s all it was and we agreed. However she’s only human and at times feelings start developing but keep bringing back what we agreed on....oh and did I mentioned we are both married? :)
We’ve managed good so far and loving it.

B.Wayne

Bronze Member
FWB:. Made it clear from the start that all the relationship was to be. As long as you keep communication flowing. You'll be ok.

It was nice, there's no jealousy attacked to it.. You are still free to spend your weekend with other people and you can chat without the judgement that you might get from your so.

MikeB

Legend Member
Have several a mid 30s to mid 40s FWB ie 20+ year age gap. Generally they want a more mature playmate who understand the difference between making love and vanilla "wham bam thank you mam" sex that they tell me is typical of their own demographic. They enjoy the idea of being an object of lust, not necessarily love. They still want long passionate, pleasurable foreplay and want to be blissfully spent by the end and then just part with those memories at the end and no strings.

Many are in a long term relationship and their partners are also friends, know and encourage our playtimes, and in one case even babysits while we play.

B.Wayne

Bronze Member
My personality is either ALL IN or ZERO.

Do you mind if I asked, have you been in a relationship before?

I'm not asking this in a negative sense, I used to hold the same belief as you .. then after the break of a relationship, I realised some relationships are exhausting and sometime, one just needs to have a physical release without the emotional attachment..

Terti

Gold Member
Do you mind if I asked, have you been in a relationship before?

I'm not asking this in a negative sense, I used to hold the same belief as you .. then after the break of a relationship, I realised some relationships are exhausting and sometime, one just needs to have a physical release without the emotional attachment..
I can understand the all or nothing , I have never had a one night stand only relationship sex. I bond with my partner during sex , I know others who can seperate the 2.

A

Annoyance

The problem is everyone has different sex drives, you might encounter a nymp where as your happy with a few times a week. Or the other way round, we're all sexual creatures, dismissing that lust just hurts their ego bit by bit and damages the relationship in the process. And resulting in breakups.

With a FwB it releases that tension.

So it doesn't turn to anger back home, when they're sexually frustrated and won't tell you why cause you keep knocking them back. Lucylee you must be the vanilla type of person till marriage. Not sure if this forum can cater to your interests.

<Look'n @ Terti> Even Terti can be a potential FwB :p :smuggrin:.

MikeB

Legend Member
Ya, no.. Not one night stand.

There has to be at least a friendship behind the enjoyment.. but I'm pretty introvert, so I don't really go out prowling.
I see it as social intercourse being the essential element of foreplay from great sexual intercourse.

This is why FWB can and does work. It includes the essential elements of respect, trust, lustful chemistry and friendship in that is the core of this good social intercourse. This good foreplay ensures shared mutual “Benefits” can be delivered over and over as opposed to a totally disengaged ONS situation where this is so often absent.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I had a few but either I or the other or both eventually develop feelings. That did not work as at that time of my life I was the prolific punter while having a girlfriend and three FWB on the go. How could I not, they were all beautiful and it always goes way beyond just sex.

Now is better :)

VeronicaBling17

Bronze Member
I’ve got a couple of fwb even whilst I am working... it’s more interesting as they all know what I am doing but I keep my two lives separate for that reason & have been clear since the very start if they catch the feels to let me know and we will go back to being friends but nothing has changed between any of them and I. Sometimes they do want to see me as soon as I finish my shift but I don’t let them until I am home and back to being some what normal

lucylee

Gold Member
Personally i found it more meaningful to spend time being ALONE but i am perfectly fine being alone, maybe somehow i'm truly enjoy my own company i can connect to my inner self through meditation and connecting to nature simply because to be honest i do not believe that a man can see beyond that shallow label of the work as a wg.

Bobber60

Bronze Member
I was in a FWB relationship/friendship with a WL for over a year. Ground rules were established before we moved onto the FWB phase.
During this time I met with and dated a few other ladies. She claimed to be on the look out for another fella, not sure if she had any luck, apparently not many men are accepting of what a WL does for a daily job, but have no qualms availing themselves of her services.
I eventually fell heavily for one of these other ladies and this ended the friendship, at which time I realised we had actually developed strong feelings for each other.
Number one rule was no coming back.
Its been just over three years now and I have very fond memories of our time together.
I miss the interesting conversations relating to our very different days on the job.

Tilly James

Bronze Member
I think friends with benefits can be a really good alternative to spending nights alone and keeping emotional mess out of things. I had my own fwb for a whole year, and I found it was important for me to be really aware of where my head and feelings were at. If things changed a little, I either had a stern talk to myself or shared what I thought and how I felt with him. You just have to know yourself.

Kodie VIP Canberra

Legend Member
Oh dear Ivor Bigwun.. The Big Pineapple...MMMmmmm ... This is a hard one really.. There's a saying.. Friends are there when you need them. Pests are always there!!! Rarely you will find a real FWB relationship as there is always one that becomes dominant, becomes attached, followed by disaters... So the ones that have truly found the recipe for FWB... good luck.....

Usher

Bronze Member
Yes have one both agreed from the startthat's all we wanted working fine at the moment

Goofymus

Gold Member
Oh dear Ivor Bigwun.. The Big Pineapple...MMMmmmm ... This is a hard one really.. There's a saying.. Friends are there when you need them. Pests are always there!!! Rarely you will find a real FWB relationship as there is always one that becomes dominant, becomes attached, followed by disaters... So the ones that have truly found the recipe for FWB... good luck.....

I concur with the analogy, however I’d like to amend it slightly - friends are there when you need them, pests and lurkers are always there haha