• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Former New Zealand sex worker made a dame in Queen's honors list.

Rachy

Rachael Canberra
Gold Member
A former sex worker was made a dame in the Queen's Birthday honors list in New Zealand on Monday, in recognition of her services to the sex industry.

Catherine Healy was instrumental in bringing about New Zealand's 2003 decriminalising of sex work and the introduction of some of the most liberal prostitution laws in the world.

But the 62-year-old said she was surprised at the honor, which officially makes her a dame companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit.

"In fact, I always say I expect to be arrested at dawn, not to have this kind of tremendous honour and I was just very affected, very touched."

Ms Healy has led the New Zealand Prostitutes Collective since 1989 and her honours citation said she had built it "into a globally respected public health provider".

She spearheaded the campaign for the 2003 law reform which allowed brothels and street workers to operate legally.

The reform meant sex workers were covered by employment, health and safety laws, giving them rights they had never previously enjoyed.

Ms Healy said her new title showed how much attitudes had changed.

"This honour, and to have it given to me, is about saying, 'Okay, it's okay, you can come in from the cold, you and yours'," she told the national broadcaster.

TELEMMGLPICT000165398484_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpeg

Catherine Healy was instrumental in bringing about New Zealand's 2003 decriminalising of sex work.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Someone called me and asked if I would like to be a dame, I said no a duchess plz find me a old duke and I will be happy LOL