Sarah Fire

Gold Member
Saturday and Sunday, Rapid creek puts on a Market!

Hot Foods,
Arts
And Fruit & Veg

So if you are after a more chilled out ending to you busy weekend. Or are after those home grown veggies... I think this is your place to end up x

mud-map2.jpg

T

Tania Admin

I am a lover of Music and this group Post Modern JukeBox, started by the great Scott Bradlee, are absolutely amazing.
This group take modern songs and then put their own spin on them with a Jazz, 20's, Blues etc sound to them and sing them with amazing talent!

When I found out they were coming to Darwin I splashed out and purchased 2 tickets to awesome seats for their Darwin gig, which is tonight (I'm jumping up and down like an excited child right now).

Initially I was planning on bringing @Mrs Langtrees , as I knew she would love it, but unfortunately Mary-Anne had already booked her trip to India. So the lovely @Madam Sarah Darwin will be joining me this evening. We will let you know how it goes, though I have no doubt it's going to be totally awesome!!!!!

So So So So Excited!!!!!!

Below I have posted one of my favourite Post Modern JukeBox reproductions.

Sarah Fire

Gold Member
Bringing some of Darwin’s best and heaviest rock, punk and metal acts together for a huge night of loud and heavy music in support of suicide and mental health awareness.

Date: Saturday 21st Sept.
Location: Darwin Railway Club. 17 Somerville Gardens, Parap NT.
Time: 6 PM till 11.30 PM.

Need to book your tickets?

Jaimi

Gold Member
Darwin Pride Festival 2019

The Darwin Pride Festival is a celebration of the Northern Territory’s diverse Rainbow community and friends, this year celebrating 34 years of Darwin Pride!

In 1985, a group of passionate Darwinites came together to create the very first Darwin Pride Festival – promoting diversity, equality and celebrating LGBTQIA+ communities. These brave individuals shined the spotlight on issues that needed to change and celebrated what already made us shine. Three decades on, we’re continuing what they began!

Join us this September 19 – 22 as Darwin City celebrates over 4 massive days of events!

With awesome events at many great locations throughout Darwin, including Throb, The Cav, Smith Street and Darwin Harbour Cruises, this years' Pride festival is not one to be missed!

For more information, festival program, and tickets visit the website!

1568822614228.png 1568822583794.png

T

Tania Admin

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any videos to load (I will ask our IT guy how I may possibly do this).

But here are a few pics.

It was an absolutely awesome show!!!

Honestly if Post Modern Jukebox are ever doing a show near you it is worth every cent.

Absolute awesomeness!

20190918_203201_1568851732358.jpg

20190918_201312_1568851797955.jpg

20190918_203846_1568851638130.jpg

20190918_213336_1568851425889.jpg

20190918_211932.jpg

20190918_220009_1568851372766.jpg

Alley W

Diamond Member
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any videos to load (I will ask our IT guy how I may possibly do this).

But here are a few pics.

It was an absolutely awesome show!!!

Honestly if Post Modern Jukebox are ever doing a show near you it is worth every cent.

Absolute awesomeness!

View attachment 70926

View attachment 70927

View attachment 70928

View attachment 70929

View attachment 70930

View attachment 70932

Thanks for sharing the pic it seems you had a well spent evening

Dea VIP Darwin

Gold Member
Kiss goodbye the dry :(

Say farewell to the Dry Season with the ultimate Darwin beach party, set on the beautiful backdrop of Vesteys Beach.

FREE ENTRY / DJ's / Cocktails / Food / Bonfires / Good vibes

Saturday 21st September from 5PM until late
Entry through Darwin Trailer Boat Club and party on the beach

Jaimi

Gold Member
Looking for something different to do this weekend? Head out to Palmerston and enjoy a free movie under the stars at Goyder Square.

FlicNics - The Fifth Element

On Saturday 21 September catch The Fifth Element from 7.00 pm at Goyder Square Palmerston. Bring along a picnic, blanket, chair or bean bag and enjoy a free movie night under the stars.

Movie bio: In the colorful future, a cab driver unwittingly becomes the central figure in the search for a legendary cosmic weapon to keep Evil and Mr. Zorg at bay.

Where:
Goyder Square, The Boulevard, Palmerston, Northern Territory 0830
When: 7 pm - 9 pm
Price: FREE!

I personally think this is such a great idea. A good way to get out of the house but still enjoy a good movie snuggled up and snacking, most of my favorite things in 1!

Dea VIP Darwin

Gold Member
Deckchair Cinema screens films 7 nights a week from April to November 2019.

The box office is open nightly from 6.00 pm, with films starting promptly at the advertised time.

Feel the magic of being outdoors in a venue with décor designed to enhance the feeling you’re somewhere special. The atmosphere is enhanced by a little festoon and fairy lighting, plus original artwork by local artists Techy Masero in the form of sculptural hanging lamps.

See what’s on or get your tickets here!

1569729920098.png

Friday

Girl Friday Darwin
Bronze Member
Who has explored Kakadu?! I'm really looking forward to going soon but can anyone recommend the best spots?!

I had a read of the below, the Gunlom plunge pool looks insane !! o_O

Willow.Beth

Bronze Member
One of my favorite spots in Darwin. Loved the international film festival and will definitely catch a bunch of films before it closes for the year!

Dea VIP Darwin

Gold Member
Make sure to book in advance. It is so busy there, it happened twice now that they were sold out when I went there spontaneously. x

Jaimi

Gold Member
I really liked the Ubirr walk and the Yellow water sunset cruise when I went earlier this year. Although I don't advise going in a little car, not as easy to get through the flooded roads in a little Suzuki :oops:

Jaimi

Gold Member
If you're wondering what to do this weekend give one of these awesome ideas a look!

Bohemian Rhapsody Singalong - National Trust NT Fundraiser

When:
Sunday 13th Oct @ 7:30

Where: Deckchair Cinema - Jervois Rd, Darwin City NT 0800

Synopsis: Bohemian Rhapsody is an enthralling celebration of Queen, their music, and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and convention to become one of history’s most beloved entertainers. Following Queen’s meteoric rise, their revolutionary sound and Freddie’s solo career, the film also chronicles the band’s reunion and one of the greatest performances in rock history.

Tickets: Ranging from $8 - $16 pp
Link is broken so has been taken down

Dinner & Comedy Hypnotist Show

When:
Saturday 12th Oct, 8pm - 11pm (Show starts at 8:30pm)

Where: The Cav Darwin - 12 Cavenagh St Darwin

About: Dinner & Comedy Hypnotist Show. International funny Comedian Hypnotist Bizarre Gazzard. WITNESS POWER OF THE MIND...

BOOK A TABLE NOW- LIMITED SEATING !!

Tickets: Free Show

More info @ https://www.facebook.com/events/the-cav-darwin/dinner-comedy-hypnotist-show/453360865252733/

I saw a show by this comedian/hypnotist late last year/early this year and it was great, very funny and entertaining. Highly recommend :)

Last edited by a moderator: