• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Concerns are mounting over a powerful new form of gonorrhoea after a patient was found to have the highest level of drug resistance to the disease ever reported in Australia.

It is understood the patient, a tourist from central Europe, contracted the "sex superbug" in Sydney and was eventually treated in Cairns.

The discovery of the case in Australia, which resulted in a health alert in July, has also prompted warnings in New Zealand, where sexual health clinics are on high alert amid fears the new strain will spread there.

NZ Sexual Health Society president Edward Coughlan warned the patient involved, who is believed to have left the country, had the highest level of gonorrhoea drug resistance ever reported in Australia.

The warning comes amid concern in recent years about an untreatable strain, known as H041, which was first discovered in 2009 after a sex worker fell victim to the superbug in Japan.

There have also been reports of a medication-resilient strain of the sexually transmitted disease in Hawaii in May 2011, as well as in California and Norway.

Dr Coughlan warned that most antibiotics developed in the past 70 years had been useless in treating the infection, and there were no new treatment options on the horizon.

"This is a major public health concern," he said.

Gonorrhoea, colloquially known as the clap, is caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae, a bacterium that can grow and multiply in the warm, moist areas of the reproductive tract, including the cervix, uterus and fallopian tubes in women and in the urethra in women and men.

Symptoms are often silent but the long-term effects can be devastating, causing painful pelvic disease in women and infertility in both sexes.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/24804443/fears-rise-of-gonorrhoea-superbug/

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
And one must also be careful when crossing a road where there is heavy truck use. :)
There are always ways to be safe and less chance of being a victim in all situations.

L

Lord Spikey

Thank you, Sue, for the warning. Just ignore Bluegrass; he is being facetious.
Yes, there are risks in everything we do, unless we work for BHP, then all we need to do is follow the instructions to the letter and ignore our common sense.

This new strain should scare the bejesus out of us all and comes as a strong remainder to practice safe sex at all times, as I know that all LT ladies do.

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Sorry Spikey I was just trying to say yes it is serious but it does not mean we have to stop having sex.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I read a few articles on this and did not cut and paste any as there were too many. But it is something that is not so new. Japan and America has seen this strain H041 strain of this Neisseria gonorrhoeae in 2011 or earlier.

It is a Gonococcus bacteria with a gram negative cell wall. This means that it is highly interactive and adaptive to its surroundings. This critter is highly evolved in the microscopic world.

Since the invention of the original Penicillin by Professor Fleming.....humans have abused and overused antibiotics. Sometimes doctors prescribed it insome countries for money when they knew it would not do jack shit because the patient has a viral infection and not a bacterial infection. Not to mention feeding cheap/bulk antibiotics to animals to make them grow bigger by manipulating the natural intestinal micro flora of farm animals. I am not sure if these practices are still as widespread. But it certainly contributed to a lot of the antibiotic resistance in todays world. It forced the emergence of superbugs through accelerated natural selection.

It is not surprising that a singular cocci (round) bacteria with an advanced gram negative cell wall would adapt to resist synthetic and semi synthetic antibiotics like Pasufloxacin over time.

Humans are at a losing battle against most pathogenic bacteria. It is just part of reality.

Here's the thing though........slipping on a rubber is as good as saying piss off to sexually transmitted microbes 99% of the time.

L

Lord Spikey

Sorry Spikey I was just trying to say yes it is serious but it does not mean we have to stop having sex.
Haha, no problem Bluey. Just added my bit to encourage discussion.
You are right. Just because there is a danger, shouldn't and won't stop us enjoying our favourite pastime. Good point

L

Lord Spikey

I read a few articles on this and did not cut and paste any as there were too many. But it is something that is not so new. Japan and America has seen this strain H041 strain of this Neisseria gonorrhoeae in 2011 or earlier.

It is a Gonococcus bacteria with a gram negative cell wall. This means that it is highly interactive and adaptive to its surroundings. This critter is highly evolved in the microscopic world.

Since the invention of the original Penicillin by Professor Fleming.....humans have abused and overused antibiotics. Sometimes doctors prescribed it insome countries for money when they knew it would not do jack shit because the patient has a viral infection and not a bacterial infection. Not to mention feeding cheap/bulk antibiotics to animals to make them grow bigger by manipulating the natural intestinal micro flora of farm animals. I am not sure if these practices are still as widespread. But it certainly contributed to a lot of the antibiotic resistance in todays world. It forced the emergence of superbugs through accelerated natural selection.

It is not surprising that a singular cocci (round) bacteria with an advanced gram negative cell wall would adapt to resist synthetic and semi synthetic antibiotics like Pasufloxacin over time.

Humans are at a losing battle against most pathogenic bacteria. It is just part of reality.

Here's the thing though........slipping on a rubber is as good as saying piss off to sexually transmitted microbes 99% of the time.
I could "like" this, if I understood half of what you said.
Something about a rubber? Yeh

L

Lord Spikey

Inflammation of the foreskin reminds of your smile
I've had ballanital chancroids for quite a little while
I gave my heart to NSU that lovely night in June
I ache for you my darling, and I hope you get well soon

My clapped-out genitalia is not so bad for me
As the complete and utter failure every time I try to pee
My doctor says my buboes are the worst he's ever seen
My scrotum's painted orange and my balls are turning green

My heart is vert tender though the parts are awful raw
You might have been infected but you never were a bore
I'm dying of your love, my love, I'm your spirochaetal clown
I've left my body to science but I'm afraid they've turned it down

My penile warts your herpes, my syphilitic sores
Your moenelial infetion, how I miss you more and more
Your dnob's itch my scrumpox, our lovely gonorrhoea
At least we both were lying when we said that we were clear

Our syphilic kisses sealed the secret of our tryst
You gave me scrotal pustules with a quick flick of your wrist
Your trichovaginitis sent shivers down my spine
I got snail tracks in my anus when you spirochaetes met mine

Gonoccalurethritis, streptocalbalinitis
Meningo myelitis, diplococcal cephalitis
Epididymitis interstitial keratitis
Syphilitic choroiditis and anterior uveitis

Darklord

Gold Member
Concerns are mounting over a powerful new form of gonorrhoea after a patient was found to have the highest level of drug resistance to the disease ever reported in Australia.

It is understood the patient, a tourist from central Europe, contracted the "sex superbug" in Sydney and was eventually treated in Cairns.

The discovery of the case in Australia, which resulted in a health alert in July, has also prompted warnings in New Zealand, where sexual health clinics are on high alert amid fears the new strain will spread there.

NZ Sexual Health Society president Edward Coughlan warned the patient involved, who is believed to have left the country, had the highest level of gonorrhoea drug resistance ever reported in Australia.

The warning comes amid concern in recent years about an untreatable strain, known as H041, which was first discovered in 2009 after a sex worker fell victim to the superbug in Japan.

There have also been reports of a medication-resilient strain of the sexually transmitted disease in Hawaii in May 2011, as well as in California and Norway.

Dr Coughlan warned that most antibiotics developed in the past 70 years had been useless in treating the infection, and there were no new treatment options on the horizon.

"This is a major public health concern," he said.

Gonorrhoea, colloquially known as the clap, is caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae, a bacterium that can grow and multiply in the warm, moist areas of the reproductive tract, including the cervix, uterus and fallopian tubes in women and in the urethra in women and men.

Symptoms are often silent but the long-term effects can be devastating, causing painful pelvic disease in women and infertility in both sexes.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/24804443/fears-rise-of-gonorrhoea-superbug/

Something for the bareback brigade to consider methinks

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Images of Madam Jacqueline as a nun...........
upload_2014-8-29_21-54-14.jpeg

images

(Jacqui is the one in the middle............)

images

(her favourite nun- outfit)