• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Exclude certains posts from the "New Posts" area

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Or better yet how about we remove the intro and 5 post requirement altogether? People are just being told to cheat and post 5 one worders anyway. What's the point of having it?
Better still retain it and tighten up on the 5 post requirements.

Kate VIP Perth

Manager @ Langtrees
Staff member
Foundation Member
Or better yet how about we remove the intro and 5 post requirement altogether? People are just being told to cheat and post 5 one worders anyway. What's the point of having it?

In the hope that once people start posting they may continue to post.

The amount of lurkers we had on the forum was astounding as they had to make 5 posts be it cheat posts other people were engaging with them and that got them to post more.

An active forum is a better forum xx

Kate VIP Perth

Manager @ Langtrees
Staff member
Foundation Member
Is it possible to exclude threads from the "Start Here Say hello to Activate your Membership" forum from appearing in the "New posts" section. They are usually pointless, add nothing to the conversation, spammy and just add clutter. Thanks.

Will double check with @Mrs Langtrees and get back to you...

Thanks for the suggestion xx

sparky

Legend Member
Alot of the 1st 5 posts lately have been of pretty poor standard and by the standard and content of the posts these people are just going o become lurkers again anyway Maybe the standard of posts should made higher and maybe minimum amount of posts per month and at a higher standard to cut lurkers otherwise the forum gets clogged with crap posts which brings tho whole standard down
How about it @Mrs Langtrees

baal6007

Foundation Member
In the hope that once people start posting they may continue to post.

The amount of lurkers we had on the forum was astounding as they had to make 5 posts be it cheat posts other people were engaging with them and that got them to post more.

An active forum is a better forum xx

I'll agree to disagree here. I'd rather have quality content but less of it than a bunch of one word posts and other crap just to hit the quota.

C

Crimson Idol No More

Personally,
I find the one word posts a lot more enthralling, interesting & well thought out than 99% of the totally irrelevant & mind numbingly boring posts from a particular long term forum member with 7790+ posts!

peartywerty

Diamond Member
Why do 'guests' (people who haven't logged in) don't see all the 'hi' threads when viewing the "New posts" section but the rest of us who contribute to the forum do?