• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Drugs in the AFL.....

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Now it seems NEW ZEALAND meat is the cause of the latest drug test in AFL The country cant beat us on their merits they gotta feed our clean sportsman tainted meat

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
lol bepp , i believe it is all sorted :)

i see that the Bomber have been vindicated link not working so taken down

and i wonder what will happen to ESARDA from all the grief they caused for the last 2 years and especially to James Haird , suspension and fine .

Last edited by a moderator:

svengali

Foundation Member
Now it seems NEW ZEALAND meat is the cause of the latest drug test in AFL The country cant beat us on their merits they gotta feed our clean sportsman tainted meat

That excuse won't fly.

Clenbuterol was the drug of choice for dodgy East German athletes back in the seventies. It was a prescription only steroid with performance enhancing properties and athletes taking it would register themselves as asthmatics to have an excuse ready if they tested positive.

It also had other serious side-effects which resulted in its being banned for medicinal use quite a few years ago but it is still widely available on the black market and is used (abused) by wannabe body builders. Apparently it is not hard to get hold of it if you are silly enough to play Russian Roulette with your health.

Bottom line is there is no legal way those clowns could have got hold of it and food contamination in New Zealand is highly unlikely as their food supply chain is as safe and strictly regulated as ours - maybe more so.

Stan_the_Man

I swear to God I had something for this...
Silver Member
Been a good 2 days for the Bombers. They've gone from the leagues drug cheats to not guilty, and their arch rivals have now got drug issues instead!

Happy2

Legend Member
I am a Collingwood member And I fully expect those players to get the full penalty of 2 to 4 years And they deserve every bit of it

As for essendon it's a disgrace Especially after Saad from ST Kilda got 2 years for drinking a sports drink available from any cool drink fridge in the local supermarket

Buzz

Foundation Member
Just typical.. we kick their sorry butts at cricket now they retaliate but tampering with the food. ...Nah just kidding. I like kiwis, but I couldnt eat a full one LOL.
i heard the most likely cause of the positive test is that the cocaine was laced with it.
Does anyone but this?

Happy2

Legend Member
Just typical.. we kick their sorry butts at cricket now they retaliate but tampering with the food. ...Nah just kidding. I like kiwis, but I couldnt eat a full one LOL.
i heard the most likely cause of the positive test is that the cocaine was laced with it.
Does anyone but this?

I heard the same thing Cocaine is sometimes cut with this steroid and a after 36 hrs the cocaine has left the system but not the steroid

It was being talked about this way on a rugby show tonight

svengali

Foundation Member
Been a good 2 days for the Bombers. They've gone from the leagues drug cheats to not guilty, and their arch rivals have now got drug issues instead!

They have already copped some pretty heavy penalties as a club and to my mind it would be a bit rough to impose sanctions on the individual players as they were probably not fully informed as to what was being shot into them. However, I would like to see the alleged "Doctor" in charge of this programme struck off the medical register and banished from any further contact with sportsmen.

Let's be honest, do we want a national competition which involves regularly injecting drugs, legal or not, into the players? That just ain't cricket or A.F.L. footy.

Happy2

Legend Member
Thing is None of the players yet know What was actually pumped into their bodies
Maybe they will thirty years down the track when something goes awry with their health

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Thing is None of the players yet know What was actually pumped into their bodies
Maybe they will thirty years down the track when something goes awry with their health
Or end up like this

Attachments

• downloadfile-3.jpeg
    downloadfile-3.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 7

Stan_the_Man

I swear to God I had something for this...
Silver Member
They have already copped some pretty heavy penalties as a club and to my mind it would be a bit rough to impose sanctions on the individual players as they were probably not fully informed as to what was being shot into them. However, I would like to see the alleged "Doctor" in charge of this programme struck off the medical register and banished from any further contact with sportsmen.

Let's be honest, do we want a national competition which involves regularly injecting drugs, legal or not, into the players? That just ain't cricket or A.F.L. footy.

I agree. The club and the doctor should cop it, but not the necessarily the players. The most alarming aspect of this all is that there's still no records that have been produced indicating what it was that they were actually injected with. I'd be mighty pissed off having that hanging over my head if I were one of the players that had been injected. God knows if there's going to be any potential long term effects.

Zoe Rider

Gold Member
Drugs - especially anabolic steroids (including dianabol, stanazol) are used heavily in the NRL, AFL and NFL. This was common knowledge, and several players who I have seen over the years have openly admitted this - Before all this essendon stuff. Players, and gym junkies, and young blokes wanting to look good at music festivals also use thermogenics like clenbuterol (to strip fat quickly), it is also prevalent out on mine sites!

The government has finally increased the penalties for people in possession of anabolic steroids as they are becoming just as much a health pandemic. I know last year in emergency department I treated too many people with thermogenic overdoses (these people had internal temperatures of 42 degrees - literally cooking their brains) or young guys not cycling correctly with dianabol (or the like) and coming in with livers and kidneys of 100 year old men. Steroids are so easy to get - Ask your local protein shop a few times, or go to dohertys gym. Someone will give you a number or a way to get them.

In regards to essendon - The coaches, doctors and those responsible for player welfare should be held accountable. Individual players should not be punished but educated.