• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Do you believe in the No Contact rule after breakup?

asianguy77

Diamond Member
After a relationship breakup , do you believe in following the No Contact Rule? Therefore, no contact whether it be through text, calling, stalking the other person on facebook for a specific amount of time, whether it be 30 days, 60 days or 90 days?

Does it matter if you are the dumper or dumpee?

cammando755

Silver Member
That's a hard one, I guess it depends on the circumstances. I guess if you want to move on, would be best not to make any contact or search for her online.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I believe there's a 14 day cooling off period. No contact, no swearing, and don't bother looking each other up. Then you regroup and assess the situation, and talk yourself out of contacting the other person.

Dallas

Legend Member
It would really depend on the circumstances of the split. If you split on amicable terms then you might keep taking as I have done with my ex however if there was abuse or one was a control freak then there would want to be no contact ever.

Happy2

Legend Member
Yes as the guys above have said Depends on the reason you split
I mean sometimes you are just destined to be great mates but not lovers
other couples are together as lovers only and can't maintain a relationship on another level

Once you've settled down and it is not so raw you will/may have a better idea which group you are in

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
For fear of sounding like a bitch or in one of my many moods.... I shall tread lightly here, however, now if you break up by the essence of the word "Breakup" that normally means you really really really dislike each other for some odd reason maybe you fucked her sister or mother etc etc, but for some strange odd reason she didn't like this, or maybe she fucked your more endowed brother or kinky father, who knows but if you break up why the fuck do you wish to remain in contact really... if you remain in contact you may as well have a great massive argument you sleep on the couch for a night or three so doghouse for you, then both of you have great makeup sex..... really wtf is the breakup but remain in contact BS...... unfriend them, remove your following of them on twitter, snapchat etc etc, change the locks, etc etc,... its over.....

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I see treading lightly means having a more extreme left view of the matter. I would attempt to tread the lightest in this case. Some relationship does end due to lack of sparkle, or the lurve has slowly leaked away like helium from a balloon. A once floaty high ho red balloon, is no longer floaty. No one to blame really, it's a natural occurrence. And with mutual respect, it would be beneficial to park that ship in long term parking for good.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Yes as the guys above have said Depends on the reason you split
I mean sometimes you are just destined to be great mates but not lovers
other couples are together as lovers only and can't maintain a relationship on another level

Once you've settled down and it is not so raw you will/may have a better idea which group you are in

Are the groups categorized in to Psychos, Mental, Unforgettable, Sticky Stalky Ex, Acky Breaky Heart, and Feebs? :D Par Don the pun, not an intentionally intention.

Happy2

Legend Member
Are the groups categorized in to Psychos, Mental, Unforgettable, Sticky Stalky Ex, Acky Breaky Heart, and Feebs? :D Par Don the pun, not an intentionally intention.

You're not calling Fee Bee feeble I hope Homie ;)

Phoebe

Legend Member

Thanks I enjoy being on my own there, means I am special... ;)

Phoebe

Legend Member
Back when I was in primary school there used to be a Special class
We're you in special class Phoebe?

Hey I got merit points for not going to school and got the cane and detention when I showed up, no wonder why I love being canned now as an adult ;) PTSD left me with that legacy!!

Phoebe

Legend Member
Please don't put words on my screen, H2...in no way am I calling Feebs feebly feeble, no sirreee....just Feebs. :p

Of course, you are my good person...you are uniquely special and especially unique. ;)

Am I that much of a Bitch ????? really.....

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Am I that much of a Bitch ????? really.....

Par Don the miss punctuation, where's a punctuation Nazi when you need one.

I meant to say, "Of course you are, my good person,...you are uniquely special and especially unique. ;)" and please please don't read between the lines, as it's only a 1 line sentence. I don't know how that would translate to your statement above.

Bec Darwin

Langtrees Darwin Reception
Silver Member
After a relationship breakup , do you believe in following the No Contact Rule? Therefore, no contact whether it be through text, calling, stalking the other person on facebook for a specific amount of time, whether it be 30 days, 60 days or 90 days?

Does it matter if you are the dumper or dumpee?

I agree that it depends on the circumstances of the breakup, but if it's over and your wanting to maintain contact in the hope you might reconnect then that can make the whole breakup harder. You need closure from anything ending once you have it I think it's best to stay away until all emotions have settled and you can look at things a little clearer.
I can remember my first breakup, I made every excuse known to man kind to make contact with Mr Ex, look back now and think I looked needy no wonder he broke up with me.

Happy2

Legend Member
does contact include slowly driving past thier place 20-30times a day?
Oh I am sure that is okay Bushseeker If you're doing it for the right reasons Like making sure the windows are closed tight the alarms are on the doors bolted
You know, just making sure that women who ripped the heart out of your chest and squeezed it till it was a pulpy mass and threw it to the dog Is safe and well in her home :vamp:

Phoebe

Legend Member
Oh I am sure that is okay Bushseeker If you're doing it for the right reasons Like making sure the windows are closed tight the alarms are on the doors bolted
You know, just making sure that women who ripped the heart out of your chest and squeezed it till it was a pulpy mass and threw it to the dog Is safe and well in her home :vamp:

Funny thing is you can't rip the heart out of the dog and feed it to itself too ;) think about that one happy2......

The deal is if this was Texas she would walk outside with her Automatic pump your ass full of rounds, claim the castle law and her personal space is threatened and well claims self defense case closed next....

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I agree that it depends on the circumstances of the breakup, but if it's over and your wanting to maintain contact in the hope you might reconnect then that can make the whole breakup harder. You need closure from anything ending once you have it I think it's best to stay away until all emotions have settled and you can look at things a little clearer.
I can remember my first breakup, I made every excuse known to man kind to make contact with Mr Ex, look back now and think I looked needy no wonder he broke up with me.

True that...yeah when my ex broke up with moi, it was very hard for both of us. We kept on as friends for a while before totally lost contact. Baby steps i guess, though, one time we came very close to rekindle that fire...but seeing it was me she was rekindling the feeble flame with, she declined. I guess twas for the best.

Bec Darwin

Langtrees Darwin Reception
Silver Member
True that...yeah when my ex broke up with moi, it was very hard for both of us. We kept on as friends for a while before totally lost contact. Baby steps i guess, though, one time we came very close to rekindle that fire...but seeing it was me she was rekindling the feeble flame with, she declined. I guess twas for the best.

Oh Homer I'm sure it was for the best, her lose. I have remained friends with my ex only years after and it was never really serious. I think it would be harder if it was a more serious relationship.
Hope you have a good week. Xxx

Ginger Spice

Here Comes Trouble
Legend Member
Where on earth do you find these rules?

You can end a relationship in a way that works for both parties.

Most relationships I have ended we have stayed physical for a few weeks/months until we get over each other. Works for me. Might not work for other people.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Where on earth do you find these rules?

You can end a relationship in a way that works for both parties.

Most relationships I have ended we have stayed physical for a few weeks/months until we get over each other. Works for me. Might not work for other people.

I think those rules come from the same play book as the ones in the sex industry.... :)

How nice it would be if it was like the good old times when people stayed together in good times, bad times and the inbetween times too..... now people just dont do that,.....