John Smithl

Legend Member
The Aus v NZ test match starts today in Perth, and is special for many reasons:

First, the "...Australian and Kiwi players will band together before the first Test to pay tribute to the lives lost in the volcanic eruption in New Zealand this week"

Second, the two best test cricket batsmen face off... Steve Smith (Aus) and Kane Williamson (NZ captain).

Third, the pitch and heat wave weather will be big factors...

John Smithl

Legend Member
"Cricket Australia chief executive Kevin Roberts expects Tim Paine to keep his role as captain of the Australian men’s cricket team when Steve Smith’s leadership ban expires next year."

Rosie Nuru

Nuru Guru
Legend Member
It'll be an exciting match indeed! I am really quite worried about he heat spanning most of this test however. Loads of drinks breaks required no doubt! Plus the pitch wil be so baked that the number of cracks on it will be dangerous for the batsmen and the wicketkeeper!
Tim Paine has done an amazing job after being thrusted into the captaincy after tat scandal! Let
Steve Smith score his ton after ton because he is not having to captain the entire team! He certainly proved himself since his return!!

Rosie Nuru

Nuru Guru
Legend Member
Yes, worst sportsmanship, as you can tell by Rod Marsh's response. Unfortunately it was within the rules at the time. The rules have since been changed.

With Sandpaper gate, it was the most blatant cheating.
Sandpaper was entirely David Warner's fault! Why is he allowed back in the team?? I have heard from so many players that he is an absolute bully type. Yeah 335 , never again I bet! I am quite active in the cricket world!!!!

Wobbles600

Bronze Member
I went yesterday. good days play, very hot but beer keep me hydrated. then ended you for a visit at langtrees, made the day even better ;)