• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Cold showers!

Abbey

Silver Member
I've been having cold showers pretty much everytime for like 2 weeks and have met quite a few people in that time who also enjoy it, love the laws of attraction ;)
My reason for exploring this practice is from learning about Wim Hof, most well known for being able to regulate his body temperature to an extent that he climbed mount Everest in shorts.
Does anyone do this too and have felt benefits? Makes me feel a bit tough tbh ๐Ÿ‘Š

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui Luxe

Enjoying the weather and company in Darwin!
Gold Member
I've always had colder showers at work, mainly because I find it refreshing and invigorating, but it's interesting to hear that it has real health/life benefits! I'll definitely look into Wim Hof and have a look :) Law of attraction with this definitely explains one of the reasons we're good friends :D

T

Tania Admin

I've been having cold showers pretty much everytime for like 2 weeks and have met quite a few people in that time who also enjoy it, love the laws of attraction ;)
My reason for exploring this practice is from learning about Wim Hof, most well known for being able to regulate his body temperature to an extent that he climbed mount Everest in shorts.
Does anyone do this too and have felt benefits? Makes me feel a bit tough tbh ๐Ÿ‘Š
I love cold showers. Unfortunately they are non existent in Darwin as the water from the cold taps is very warm.
During the dry season I was lucky enough to have a "cold-ish" shower for a couple of morning's.
I truly do miss the sensation of cold water on my skin.

Rosie Nuru

Nuru Guru
Legend Member
I love cold showers. Unfortunately they are non existent in Darwin as the water from the cold taps is very warm.
During the dry season I was lucky enough to have a "cold-ish" shower for a couple of morning's.
I truly do miss the sensation of cold water on my skin.
Perth's cold water is not that cold either! I have to let the water run for ages before something resembling cold comes through!

T

Tania Admin

Perth's cold water is not that cold either! I have to let the water run for ages before something resembling cold comes through!
It's definitely cooler than Darwin water though for the majority of the year. It's one of the many things in Perth that I miss, though I do love it here in the NT and intend to buy property ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒด๐ŸŠ

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member

I can't say that I have ever been to Mt Everest; let alone climbed it in shorts, but I am sure I would feel tough if I did it....... and survived.

Big Al

Bronze Member
Been trying this swing since we chatted @Abbey but thereโ€™s so much heat out here at camp during the day that the cold tap isnโ€™t that cold ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

M

Being so hot and having a cold shower always gives me a sexiest feeling !!!!!

elcucuy69

cold showers send your body into fight or flight response so you wake up very quickly in the morning and have an increase in energy straight away and feel fully alert.

negspin

Bronze Member
I generally stick to hot showers, but I should give it a go sometime - on the rare occasions I've been forced to have a cold shower (e.g. someone else used up all the hot water before me!), it did always leave me feeling very refreshed (once I got over the unpleasant initial shock).

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Try Germany or Czech cold showers in Winter... Go on be brave.. I think @Rochelle may back me up on this one!

stovo82

Diamond Member
1. Cold showers early in the morning are good replacement for coffee.
2. Cold showers are good as anti-depressants.
3. Cold showers improves hair and skin.
4. Cold showers improve immunity and decrease colds/flu.
5. Cold showers increase pain tolerance.
6. Cold shower hydrotherapy provides good healing and have been used by professional athletes for recovery.
7. Cold showers improve mental strength.
8. Cold showers save on electric costs.

Last edited: