• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Can we predict autism spectrum disorder years before symptoms appear?

Sally Sexting

Sexting Queen - Fun & Flirty
Legend Member
Hey, Guy look what I have found? Well, I found this very interesting so I thought of sharing.

The new research study will analyze blood, collected from newborns, for over 1000 different molecules and chemicals which could reveal signs of autism spectrum disorder

Researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine have launched a Phase II research study to look for signs of another similarly devastating disorder, one that typically does not appear in seemingly healthy children until years later: autism spectrum disorder or ASD.

The presence of certain molecules and chemicals in the blood might predict autism risk years before symptoms appear, prompting early treatment and intervention.

just click the link below and you may find many more things which are very knowledgeable

dan60

Diamond Member
Hey, Guy look what I have found? Well, I found this very interesting so I thought of sharing.

funnily enough..........
i'm just watching a Netflix series called 'The A word'
UK drama set in the beautiful Lake District, about a family coming to terms with their autistic son.
quite funny in parts, good cast, including starring Christopher Eccleston of Dr Who fame.
includes love, lust, family breakups, rivalries, ageing & death, it’s all there plus a great indie soundtrack.

Andrew

Silver Member
My youngest daughter has just been diagnosed with autism, ADD and ODD...when we were going through the diagnosis we were told that with females it is not uncommon for Spectrum disorders to be either misdiagnosed or not picked up at all...then suddenly when women in their 20's or 30's they are diagnosed with it and it's like what the fuck... don't know what the answer is except maybe if you think something is wrong just keep asking/pushing for someone to help

janny-ammerson

Gold Member
You talk to your primary care physician and ask to be referred to a psychiatrist.

The psychiatrist will first have a conversation with you about your symptoms and your life history. They’ll likely ask you to fill out a number of question sheets to assess the likelihood that you have autism.

If your condition is severe enough, they’ll conduct a differential diagnosis, comparing your symptoms not only with those associated with autism, but also with conditions that might be confused with autism.

You can’t do this diagnosis by yourself. You need the help of a psychiatrist.