• Bigpond give me a good service-value for $$$

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
As many members will know I don't usually hit this hard in a title, but after working with Bigpond (through my friends service) I find the business practises of this company beyond a joke, and more than frustrating.
I was a loyal telestra & bigpond user for over 23 years.
Today I would never purchase another of there services ever again.
They do not deliver.
The stories I could tell are endless. Hopefully this thread will live and I will tell them all one day at a time.

DT4eva

Gold Member
Couldn't agree more....
Bigpond couldn't care less about their loyal supporters
like us we have been with them for many years, just the other day we rang them up to see if we could go to the next level of usage from 12gig per month to 25gig,which is still the same speed but still paying the same amount we are paying now per month.

Sure you can but it you will have to pay the extra.

We were told bluntly they couldnt do such thing.

the reply we gave to them was thank you for your help. the next time we call will be disconnection.

doing a search on providers tpg looks to have a deal for $69.95 per month the same we are paying now with Bigpong but with an 80 gig limit (35gig for on peak and 45 gig off peak.

in a call to tpg we were told not to disconnect from Bigpong because they can connect us a lot easier, as we already have an adsl connection and there would be no set up fees and its only a 6 month contract. set up fees for a new connection $59

there maybe other providers out there that may offer better deals havent looked at them all yet

Bigpong thank you for your loyal support (not)

F

flange gasket

It's always amazed me how they can be so bad and their connections so slow when they own the majority of the infrastructure.

Madness.

Never deal with them.

Smoggy

Foundation Member
I left Bigpond a few years ago as they were expensive and the service was not very good. I also changed my long distance calls from Telstra to another provider to make some big savings. I left my local calls with Telstra but recently I spent over 45 minutes in a call queue waiting to arrange to disconnect the phone then an hour to get another line connected. However, what really annoyed me was the call I got the week after asking me to reinstate Telstra for my long distance calls as they provide a better cheaper service. I let them know what I thought of their service. I don't use Telstra for any phone or internet service anymore.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I am hoping everyone will be as pisssed as I am. I am hoping this thread will fire the members and we get so much response I will send a copy to the chairman of the board with pleasure.

S

Spunkymunky

I refuse to have my home phone through telstra as they have ripped me off a few times but in order to have wireless internet out here i have to go with bigpond. Lucky for me the school pays part of it - it's still a bloody rip off though!

mandycd

Gold Member
I`ve heard so many ppl complain to me about bigpond. I had no probs with westnet & am now with tpg as they had bigger dwnloads for the $$. TPG are great too. I know ppl may havta go thru telstra due to needing to have wireless.

N

Naughty Thoughts

I'll swim against the tide and say that I have been perfectly happy with the Bigpond service I receive.

I think that it is because we are very fortunate on our location. IWe're not running ADSL, we're on cable which I've clocked at 20Mb/s - in Western Australia! We are almost on a backbone connection and just down the road from major international interchanges so it's always been ultra-fast (except when we go over bandwidth!). I've looked at other providers for this location and only Bigpond can offer a cable connection - I find ADSL to be too slow. So I am "stuck" with them.

When we move house and have to go over to ADSL then I'm sure my tune will change. I know that there are heaps better providers in the eastern states but we are still fairly limited over here in WA.

H

Hot_Bi_BBW

I spent 2 hours on hold for tech support one night. I was so riled and disgusted I asked the operator if he could get someone to call me back in the morning to discuss the inadequate service level and to compensate me for being on hold for 2 hrs on my mobile. He told me they 'didn't do that'. I told him I was amazed that a telecommunications company could make phone calls to their customers. They are completely hopeless. I ended up getting a $250 credit from them for a modem that went missing and all the hoo haa that went on afterwards. My contract finishes tomorrow (yay!), I will be happy to end the relationship, I've gone with Vodafone mobile, much better! Telstra way too complacent!

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
well ill always keep telstra for my home phone, but i have the benifit of my previous employer being the one and only telstra.. haha. I connected my own home phone, my and my husbands mobiles, and his mobile broadband...
we have since both transfered our mobiles to 3, as thier caps are much better value for money...
because we do not EVER use our home phone, other than to recieve the occasional call from everyones favourite telemarketers... lol... telsta has by far the cheapest basic phone line rental... as long as we make no calls we only pay $19 a month... use our mobiles for all calls we make!
Also have Foxtel through telstra, simply to have it all on one bill... never had a problem with them there...

I have recently connected 3 mobile broadband... a bit better value than hubbys telsta mobile broadband... but service overall about the same...

Would NEVER use bigpond though!!! ARGGG!!! even as a telstra employee, we used to HATE calling bigpond for assistance! was soooooo glad when i got trained in the bigpond stuff! haha. didnt have to deal with useless people who think they know things about computers!
We are with Conceptual for our ADSL... service has been good... only thing bigpond has over most other providers is 24/hr tech support... although anyone who knows ANYTHING about computers is going to know more than the guys that work there! lol

The ONLY good thing about the call centres for both telstra and bigpond, is that they are still only in australia (unfortunatly, yes, there is a lot of indians working there, seems to be indians like working in call centres... go figure! not that i am racist!)

I HATE the fact that if i have any questions about my 3 services, i have to call india! arggg!!!!! my internet on my phone hasnt been working for a few weeks, and everytime i call up, i get sooooo sick of making them repeat themselves because their accents are sooo strong! ARGGG!!!!!! And cant even go into the 3 stores for questions, because guess what! EVEN THEY HAVE TO CALL INDIA FOR HELP!!! hahahahaha

well... enough of a rant for tonight... yawn... sleepies time!

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
oh and the other good thing about telstra... one of the few companies that if you make a pain of yourself, the will just give you money to shut up! haha. cant remember how many customers i just said, "fine, here have $$$ to clear that up" just to get them off the phone!!! mind you, the nicer they were about it all, the more willing i was to give them money!!! haha... some departments can even give out up to $1500 PER CALL! without having to check with a manager! thats the best thing about being with a big company... make enough of a nuissance of yourself, they pay you to shut up!!! lol
Before i left, bigpond fucked up my sisters broadband account... didnt send out a bill for 3 months, said it was free, then decided to slog her with 4 months in one bill!!! haha. i managed to wipe all of it for her!!! lol!!!!! oh those were the days!

S

stormline

hi all yes i can relate bigtime maryanne,i have been with them fo years as well,after 6 years i finally got my 50 local calls WOW,now i am going thru more crap because i changed to wireless from adsl,biggest mistake i ever made.. they never do what they tell you and put charges on you have no idea till you get your bill.like when you change plans they charge you for 2mths not one,then the plan i was on was a 2gig plan which they changed to 5gig for same price,(as optus were offering that deal)so naturaly you are going to go for the 5gig plan but now after being on wireless for 2 bills i have been slugged 4 times the monthly fee,prics,then had an extension from my 1st bill till the 19th dec as i has to bury my best friend (ex g/f for 17years) then got a bill yesterday for $360 which they wanted imediately,that also included the first bill,but gave me no time to pay the 2nd bill.also from jan 09 all bills will be on one bill,eg telephone,bigpond ect,soon as they did that to me i have nothing but trouble,first time on the phone for 75min sorting it out ,to telestra bac to bigpond bac and forth as one doesnt know what the other is doing,f..... madness..then again yesterday,still not sorted as they closed at 6pm so had to ring bac today so what happen sorry your call cant go thru as we are having technical problems,please ring bac later so frustrating.so subnympet give me a tip on how to get some money for nothing of the wankers.i used to know a really nice lady that worked there as a telemarketer or something like that,but she doesnt work for them no more so that avenue is no good..the other thing is half the time when you do get thru you cant understand them as they cant speak clear english(no predjudice against anybody) but its bloody annoying.anyway thats my bitch for the day and its only 9am.so yes maryanne i totally agree as there are plenty of other instances...they always leave out or change the wording around so you think its all good..someone should sue them for false advertising,i would if i had the money.....:violent5::notworthy:boxing::angry1:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I am on hold now to bigpond, waiting for 12 minutes at the moment.

I got through, the lady on the phone is helpful, and I have to wait another three minutes while she checks out why the upgrade order has not gone through.
Bigpond shaked our account on Monday which means they slow access down to snail pace, because we had used to much access for the month.
They tell you when you buy the amount that it is unlimited then they slow you down if you happen to use your download and upload sccess.
To fix the problem you have to commit to another $10 per month.
We agreed on Monday to so and was promised that this would happen by Tuesday midnight, hurray they gave us some more, which lasted four hours.
Now I am trying to find out why the upgrade hasn't happened, its Friday now and we have had a week of hell.
The three minutes are now five minutes plus.......I will continue this story later.

DT4eva

Gold Member
Why do we get the feeling bigpond have put their nitty gritty little fingers in the forum as the pages have slowed down in opening
or does bigpoond have esp

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
how to get money from telstra/bigpond....
(not sure if bigpond are as generous, as they are a totally seperate department... easiest if you have a single bill with them!)

Call up again and again and again,
"plllleeease is there ANYthing you can do????!!!"
"is there anything you can do, i just dont have the money atm"
DO NOT threaten to take your services elsewhere, consultants hate that, AND they dont really care, it doesnt affect them!
be OVER polite, just continually saying things like above...
If one consultant wont do something, politely end the call, and call again, and again...
may be time consuming, but also can be entertaining if you have some spare time...
As long as you are really nice and make it seem like you believe its not thier (the consultants) fault, but tell them youll reallllly appreciate anything they can do...
where theres a will, there is a way :)

S

stormline

thnx for the tip subnymphet,but when you ring on thur and the woman says yes i can see you have an extension till the 19th dec,then ring bac the next day as it became 6pm and she said we are closed now sorry you will have to talk to credt control the next day(fri) so after having trouble getting thru at first,(sorry we are having technical problems atm please ring at another time)so yes getting more frustrated i rang bac and got thru to credit control and then she said there ws no record of it,f...... .so it ended up ok in the end but i had to do some talking.i did get a receipt nmb for the extension but couldnt fing it as to many other things were going on in my mind at the time but she would only give me her i.d nmb.thats what i mean you get so mant different answers from there people,she said they dont give a receipt nmb but i tried to explain i had one for the extension though she just said no couldnt of happened so its hard to stay nice and polite to them when they are virtually calling you a liar.they fuc me off big time..btw subnymphet i have been with 3mobil for years and there service has gone to shit you never had to call or speak to someone from india,and dont conect your mobil up to your pc because they do sell your info believe me on that one, thnx anyway i have managed to get about $180 from telestra one time and that was it.thnx

M

MuchEnlightenment

I was also bitten by Telstra after my 24 month contract expired, they upped all my charges and when I rang them to ask for a better deal I was told I was already on it. I quoted a number of other companies deals and advised of the savings I would make. The woman said she could do nothing.

I changed about 4 months ago and Telstra have been trying to get me back ever since, and guess what, they now can offer a better deal..Piss off Telstra you are wankers.... GRRRRRR

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
Well i woudn't go so far as to claim that Big Pond are 'Wankers'....but i would venture to say that from personal experience their service 'sucks'.... and their attitude smacks of the 'customers...just a bloody nusiance' syndrome...

As for the top brass, well their heads are so far above rthe clouds they can't even smell their own farts.... as for Sol, well the sooner the shareholders give him the 'Big A'... the better of our nation will be and Telstra's shareholders will sleep!

So that's it from me.... I use telstra/bigpond out of necessity rather than choice!

A

Althalus

Bigpond shaked our account on Monday which means they slow access down to snail pace, because we had used to much access for the month.
They tell you when you buy the amount that it is unlimited then they slow you down if you happen to use your download and upload sccess.
Shaped ;)
And TBH, if you didn't read the plan details that never actually state 'unlimited' then I wouldn't think you have a leg to stand on. Not one of BP's plans are listed as 'unlimited'.
A customer has a responsibility to do some of their own research, they cannot expect to be spoon fed.

So that's it from me.... I use telstra/bigpond out of necessity rather than choice!
Thats the clincher, isn't it?
How many people complain about Telstra, where without them they wouldn't have a service?
It blows my mind.

we rang them up to see if we could go to the next level of usage from 12gig per month to 25gig,which is still the same speed but still paying the same amount we are paying now per month.

Sure you can but it you will have to pay the extra.

Try doing that with other providers as well and get told to pay for more, just the same.
To use an analogy appropriate to a forum such as this... Imagine if you paid for 30 mins with a WL, then were outraged when you demanded to stay for an hour with no extra charges and she refused.
Same principle.

I do not work for BP, but geez a bit of perspective sometimes peeps :)

Oh, and hi... First post. Long time reader, first time poster :p

Status
Not open for further replies.