• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Are the doctors getting younger ?

Tania

Driver @ Langtrees
Silver Member
I swear I’m been in this hospital for nearly 3 weeks and the doctors just look younger and younger.
Chatting with one of the doctors, she said to me, when I was younger... well I’m thinking what do you mean when you were younger, you’re a baby. So I thought I would ask her how old is she. Docs reply I’m 26 years.....geeezz
Happy days people

Happy2

Legend Member
I swear I’m been in this hospital for nearly 3 weeks and the doctors just look younger and younger.
Chatting with one of the doctors, she said to me, when I was younger... well I’m thinking what do you mean when you were younger, you’re a baby. So I thought I would ask her how old is she. Docs reply I’m 26 years.....geeezz
Happy days people
Was the doc Younger or older than the coppers who brought you in ?
That's the real test

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Happy days people

Three weeks is a long time , hope you get-well soon .

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
The other reason is that most doctors leave to work in private practice upon finishing their internship. Hospitals are where most junior doctors do their internship and residency training as part of their medical studies. So inevitably, most of the doctors in the hospital system are young.

I sometimes think that they should also serve part of their time in the country areas given shortage of doctors there but it wouldn't always be hospitals there.

Happy2

Legend Member
The other reason is that most doctors leave to work in private practice upon finishing their internship. Hospitals are where most junior doctors do their internship and residency training as part of their medical studies. So inevitably, most of the doctors in the hospital system are young.

I sometimes think that they should also serve part of their time in the country areas given shortage of doctors there but it wouldn't always be hospitals there.
Doesn't need to be hospitals out here in the region's Historian Many Shires subsidise ,Greatly subsidise a doctor starting a private practise Just it is extremely rare for it to be an Australian doc The large majority who accept such posts are doctors originally from other countries But beggars can't be choosers

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Doctors aside, I'm angry that so many nurses and policewomen and nuns have to moonlight as strippers to support their salaries. Every buck's night I've been to in Australia a nun, nurse or policewoman gets on a stage and starts taking their clothes off! It's a disgrace!

Last edited: