• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

A rose by any other name.

T

TB

So whats in a name.....a rose by any other name would it smell as sweet?
I once by accident used the word Quim. My ex husband told me not to use that word. I responded by saying Quim Quim Quim.....what! It meant nothing to me.
He then informed me it was another name for a virgina....."Oh like cun..."..."don't say that".
There are so many slang terms and pet names that have been given to the ( ) over the years.......I think Quim is an English slang word used in the 1950's.It had a slight revival with the comedy team French and Saunders when they did a takeoff of Dr.Quim Medicine Woman.Apart from that it is a dead word shame about that ......Quim Quim Quim !
:happy4:

Rhett and Scarlett

Virginity can be cured!!
Foundation Member
The noun quim was a Victorian-era word that was used specifically to refer to the fluids produced by the vagina, specifically during orgasm. In modern usage it is primarily heard in British slang and is a derogatory or vulgar term for the vagina itself. The word is rarely used today in English slang but used in Wales as an insult rather than the above meaning. The word may be related to Welsh 'cwm' meaning 'hollow' or 'valley'.

My apologies for cutting an pasting...

I am from London and I used the word a lot when I was younger, this is first time I have heard/seen it in Oz and Ive been here 25 years

Rhett :hello:

F

Farm Boy

Drongo is another good Ausey word no longer used and it really pisses me off to hear
" A mini tornado tore through " bullshit in Australia we have Wille Wille's

F

Farm Boy

The noun quim was a Victorian-era word that was used specifically to refer to the fluids produced by the vagina, specifically during orgasm. In modern usage it is primarily heard in British slang and is a derogatory or vulgar term for the vagina itself. The word is rarely used today in English slang but used in Wales as an insult rather than the above meaning. The word may be related to Welsh 'cwm' meaning 'hollow' or 'valley'.

My apologies for cutting an pasting...

I am from London and I used the word a lot when I was younger, this is first time I have heard/seen it in Oz and Ive been here 25 years

Rhett :hello:

Just wait until the next sex mad punter wants a squinter.

Happy2

Legend Member
And how about fanny It was a common christian name once
Now depending on what country we live in it can either be your bottom or your front bottom as the more polite people would say
And Fb you forgot the name cockeyed bob

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
And how about fanny It was a common christian name once
Now depending on what country we live in it can either be your bottom or your front bottom as the more polite people would say
And Fb you forgot the name cockeyed bob

What about the old name of Gay?? How many children would be given that name now??
I have a couple thai friends named Pee and Pong and when I was in high school there was a vietnamese family with 3 children called Ha, He and Ho.

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

A friend of mine over east has an Aunt and Uncle called Eileen and Bob...No big deal right? Surname...Down!!! All of a sudden you've got to wonder why the hell Bob doesn't insist on being called Robert and why the hell Eileen ever married a guy with that surname! Or, hey surely the 1st Anniversary present should have been a 'change name by dipole' form each???
I also remember the National Sales Manager for Tooheys in the 80's (not sure if he still holds the position) was a guy called Richard Face, again, why not change it?

Lisa xxx

A

Alecia the Foxx

What about the word "pussy." It doesen't even mean "cat" anymore.

Happy2

Legend Member
Your right Alecia
You know It got me to thinking I must have a damn old sat nav Last weekend I typed in Take me to pussy and directed me to the RSPCA

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Ok... I guess it`s name time to admit it, back when I was a younger it was me and my brother who used to go thru the phone book and prank call all those that had a last name of Wanke, Dick etc...
If it happened to be any members on this board I would now like to apoligize...

In primary school there was also a lad that had surname of Bates... Could he be addressed as Master Bates??

bushbabe

Gold Member
Drongo is another good Ausey word no longer used and it really pisses me off to hear
" A mini tornado tore through " bullshit in Australia we have Wille Wille's

Farmboy

I thought it was willy willy....... and not mine either

Happy2

Legend Member
Yes bushbabe if you twisted your own willy like that you would
soon find out how well it was attached

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Ever used your own willy as a weather gauge??

If your willy is wet, it's raining.
If your willy is swinging, the wind is blowing.
If your willy casts a shadow, the sun is shining.
If your willy does not cast a shadow and is not wet, the sky is cloudy.
If your willy is white, it is snowing.
If your willy is coated with ice, there is a frost.
If your willy thick, it's a heavy frost.
If your willy is bouncing, there is an earthquake.
If your willy is under water, there is a flood.
If your willy is warm, it is sunny.
If your willy is missing, your in trouble.

Fudd

Foundation Member
....and if it's green, it may mean something else other than ploughing time.....lol :)

A

Alecia the Foxx

Ok... I guess it`s name time to admit it, back when I was a younger it was me and my brother who used to go thru the phone book and prank call all those that had a last name of Wanke, Dick etc...
If it happened to be any members on this board I would now like to apoligize...

In primary school there was also a lad that had surname of Bates... Could he be addressed as Master Bates??

Yeah, I feel sorry for J Strap who lives in Hamilton. Me and every other kid ..