• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

A question of trust...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Somebody close to you has accused you of doing something and you know 100% that you have not done what they claim.

2 weeks later they come back and say sorry they were wrong.

Do your feeling for them change?? After all if they knew you well enough they probably shouldn`t have accused you in the beginning...

Happy2

Legend Member
Depends on how serious the accusation if it is only petty Well he or she has had the guts to come back and admit fault. Something really serious would take a whole lot of mending Trust is a wonderful thing and it is extremely hurtful when broken

A

Alecia the Foxx

I would forgive them, probably. At least they had the integrity to accuse you to your face, and then to apologise for the mistake. I once had someone accuse me of something that I didn't do and then go round telling everybody behind my back that I had done it, and never apologised for it.

Fudd

Foundation Member
"...Trust is a very hard thing to earn.....but a very easy thing to lose..."

A

Alecia the Foxx

I suppose that is where I don't think like most people.

I don't see that trust should have to be earned. If I start going out with someone, I expect them to fully trust me straight away. If they feel like they can't trust me because of some girlfriend in the past (or some other bullshit excuse which really means they like to control their girlfriends), then they can bugger off until they get that shit sorted.

W

WRXXR

I think in a similar way. If I need to earn respect then I don't bother. Take me as I am or don't.

Mind you if I was dating a girl I knew who'd cheated on every past boyfriend then I'd be a little cautious.

If one of my close mates accused me of doing something it would 100% ruin our friendship. Best to approach these things carefully

Happy2

Legend Member
You are right Fudd respect should be a given. But you dont trust that person instantly it is earned

W

WRXXR

Nah see if I get a good vibe I'll trust someone straight away (at least within 2 or 3 meetings) but if I get a bad vibe I'll never trust them!

A

Alecia the Foxx

Sorry, if a guy doesen't trust me, he shouldn't ask me to go out with me. I am not going to "prove" that I can be trusted. That is bullshit.

The reason that I have this opinion is this: I have been out with a number of guys in my time, who shortly after we started going out, started doing things like, going through my phone and reading my text messages and seeing who had called and who I had called, turning up at places where I had said that I was going to visit friends to "check that I was there," listening to my phone calls from around the corner of the lounge room, or some similar place, ringing friends to see if I was there or had been there, and insisting that I call them and let him know if I wasn't going straight to or from a place. The reason given in all cases was that an ex-girlfriend had been unfaithful and that they didn't trust easily and that I had to "earn" their trust. I told them all to go fuck themselves. If they had trust issues over something in the past which had nothing to do with me, then they had no right to be in another relationship or even looking for someone to be in one with. They have no right to force their own issues on someone else. It is a case of putting your bullshit on someone else. To tolerate that shit is to enable it, and I won't do it.

In saying that, I don't trust perfect strangers or people I have just met not to rip me off, but that is a whole other thing entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

I think that naturally if you have been cheated on in the past and been hurt as a result then you probably, even if subconsciously, are a bit more wary when going into a new relationship. However I also believe that trust is something that should grow as the relationship does. It must be impossible to fully trust a complete stranger, which is where every relationship starts, but in time, as you get to know them, then you also have to grow to trust them or you probably wouldn't, or maybe shouldn't, continue the relationship.

Lisa xxx