a few words

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary Anne PA

...Is it not strange that sometimes in life if you truly "like" { for want of a better word }someone you have to give something away. That can actually be many things you may have to give something tangible away i think that can be a lot easier than let us say something that is not tangible. For example an emotion or even a state of mind. In some cases the second you release that person that instance the other person can be elated rising higher than the clouds. it should in fact give you a feeling of comfort and joy that the other person is happy.
Quite often it can leave you feeling quite the opposite.............................

In Cavemans land we can have many wifes as we wish, as long as we can afford and protect them. Sometimes we trade them in for younger wives . It is sometimes sad when one wife has to move on particulary when there have been happy times, a history of sorts. Sometimes a higher clan member from another district can claim one of your wifes if you cannot afford her or even if she becomes restless. She is basically unhappy you cannot afford her or look after her .The emotion is high as you realise that you may never set eyes or talk to her again some things you just cannot change.
The women though sometimes come running back quite often from hundreds of miles.
So basically one has got to let them go if they are really yours they will indeed come back. If not there not worth it.

Sometimes we have to set something free in order for it to return.

N

naughtybuttnice

Yes! There is a saying:

If you Love something, Set it Free.
If it comes back, It is yours.
If it doesn't, Then it never was.

swingingstories

Gold Member
Hi Caveman,

Thanks for those insights into your world. I know what you mean, sometimes we have to give away our own desires, hopes or dreams, because our love for the other person transcends our selfishness. Us mothers and parents have been doing it for a long time with our children.

A couple of questions though, trying not to judge. Can women in Caveman's land have as many husbands as they want to? What if they don't want to be one of many? Your description of an older man being able to come in and "claim" someone else's wife did give this reader the feeling that the women were kind of perceived as chattel or belongings.

I want to be clear, I'm not against polygamy conceptually, provided all parties are adult and free to choose their own path. Gosh, some of those stories coming out of America about the 13 and 14 year old girls being forced to marry old men makes vomit form in the back of my throat.

Regards,
swingingstories

svengali

Foundation Member
Yes! There is a saying:

If you Love something, Set it Free.
If it comes back, It is yours.
If it doesn't, Then it never was.

The version I heard was:

If you love something set it free.
If it comes back it is yours.
If it doesn't, feel free to hunt it down and kill it.:violent5: