• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

2020 Hair Colour Trends: These Looks Are About to Be *Everywhere*

Farha Writer

Gold Member
0.PNG

Check your calendar app, people—2020 is basically here. And with all the talk about new beginnings and fresh starts, you know what else you should be thinking about? Your hair colour. The new year/new decade is legit the perfect time to switch up your colour. New year, new hue, am I right? So help you get you ~inspired~ to make a big hair colour change, I've done some research and rounded up the seven prettiest 2020 hair colour trends that you're going to be seeing everywhere come January. Take notes and hit up your colourist after the ball drops.

2020 Hair Color Trend: Silver Blonde
1.PNG

If you're not down to go completely silver in 2020, don't worry—this shade of blonde with silver undertones is going to be super popular in the new year. It's the perfect shade to dip your toe into the ice queen realm. Just be sure to use a purple shampoo when you wash to keep your colour bright.

2020 Hair Color Trend: Lilac Hair

2.PNG

Even though it might feel like everyone and their mom has dyed their hair a lilac colour, this hair colour trend isn't going anywhere in 2020. So, if you haven't hopped on the bandwagon just yet, there's still time to rock the super pretty purple hue. Be sure to do a weekly mask to neutralize any brassy tones.

2020 Hair Color Trend: Caramel Highlights

3.PNG

Stay on-trend in 2020 and combine a chocolate brown colour base with caramel highlights for a look that's equal parts low-key and very pretty. Keep your new highlights looking glossy with a shine spray.

2020 Hair Color Trend: Demi Lovato's Dip Dye Ends

4.PNG

Think of these dip-dye ends as the cooler version of the ones you tried to create in your kitchen using Kool-Aid. It's the perfect way to add some bright colour to your look without having to dye your entire head. Style it like Demi does here and bump the ends with a curling wand to give your hair a cute shape.

2020 Hair Color Trend: Dark Chocolate Brown

5.PNG

Okay, so, duh, brown hair is going to be a trend, but give it some depth by going for a deep, rich, chocolate brown shade like this one. Have your stylist add in lighter brown highlights and full-body waves to keep the colour from falling flat.

2020 Hair Color Trend: Rich Red

6.PNG

You're going to see vibrant red hair literally everywhere in 2020. And for a good reason! This rich colour looks amaze on anyone with warm undertones since it warms up your skin without washing you out. Lather up with a sulfate-free shampoo to keep your red colour looking vivid.

2020 Hair Color Trend: Shadow Roots

7.PNG

If you already let your roots grow out a little bit longer than you should between dye jobs (hey, no judgment—the color is expensive), you might want to try out this shadow roots hair colour trend for 2020. Basically, it's when you dye your roots a darker colour than the rest of your hair to create a "shadow" contrast.

Which colour did you like the most?
Let us know in the comments section below!

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
It's funny the young ones are dying their hair silver. The more mature dying their hair to cover the silver.
And I who is naturally silver not an inch of hair dye people keep calling me blonde
It is truly strange. Been seeing this grey hair and purple colour with the younger ladies at work for the last couple of months.

At least I come by my silverness naturally. 😁

I also remember the blue rinse set the older ladies sported during the 70's/80's

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
red1.jpg
Must be great to be a natural redhead. The clothes you can wear that look great on you and how the world is 100% Jealous of you..