20/20 Cricket.

W

wr3xr

It sure is.

Its far more family and mrs friendly than ODI or test matches.

Great entertainment. Ive been to several scorchers games and its great

seniorcit

Foundation Member
Looks like cricket, played by cricket players on a cricket pitch with a cricket bat and ball. Hmmm must be cricket.
Seriously I love all forms of the game!

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Yep and dont forget yourcomparing state cricket with international cricket.
I love all cricket.
But when you get as many people to a scorchers game as the aus v England one dayer you hsve to accept its got appeal.
As mentioned far more likely to get women and children to a scorchers game

W

Wayne Kerr

The colours are bright and too many teams... I've always associated canary yellow as the colour of the West Australian 1st XI. Queensland being Maroon, Sydney blue, Tassie being green etc.

I must be a convert because I found the 50/50 game on Friday to be a bit boring.

Happy2

Legend Member
I love test cricket dont mind one day cricket can handle 20/20 at a state level like big bash etc But not as a international sport It is hit and giggle designed to pander to this short attention span that has over people nowadays

bushseeker

Foundation Member
For those that say its to pander to those with a short attention span
It goes for about an hour longer than a game of footy and much longer than a game of NRL or soccer
So that point is hardly relevent

W

Wayne Kerr

I can't watch soccer for more than about 5 minutes and rugby is to homoerotic for my tastes.

D

Driver Harry

20/20 pffft Old tip and run game from when I was a kid, but it is still classified as a cricket game.

svengali

Foundation Member
It is an improvement on the traditional game only because it is shorter and doesn't waste as much T.V. time.

I find all sport boring and rate cricket as the ultimate boredom.

Happy2

Legend Member
Is chess a sport? If so , as a spectator sport it would beat cricket in a ultimate boredom contest
And imagine playing strip chess instead of strip poker 5 Hrs in its Checkmate and your opponent takes off his/her first piece of clobber

bushseeker

Foundation Member
Svengelli
With tv filled with the block. Dancing with the stars. X factor. Australias got talent. Big brother. The voice. being lara bingle. My kitchen rules. Master chef. So you think you can dance. The bacheler. Farmer wants a wife

Im not sure how you can justify saying cricket takes up tv that could be showing quality programing

Last edited:
W

Wayne Kerr

Svengelli
With tv filled with the block. Dancing with the stars. X factor. Australias got talent. Big brother. The voice. being lara bingle. My kitchen rules. Master chef. So you think you can dance. The bacheler. Farmer wants a wife

I know Johnny Public can be a bit intellectually challenged at times but do people really watch these programs?

Happy2

Legend Member
I know Johnny Public can be a bit intellectually challenged at times but do people really watch these programs?
Unfortunately I think they do Worst thing is if its popular The programmers go into overdrive Celebrity versions etc And the opposition make a nigh on identical version to So you will never avoid it

And it seems to be so much cheaper than making a quality drama show for instance
So it will continue , I think, Unfortunately

W

Wayne Kerr

It seems they can't make quality drama either so it looks like its back to the 20/20.

svengali

Foundation Member
Ah, how I miss the good old days of such quality Aussie dramas as "No. 96 and "The Box". Plenty of T & A and at a reasonable time of night too. Now it is all so-called "reality shows" or Yankee cops 'n robbers when we are nor being bombarded with endless sport broadcasts.

Bloody wowsers have a lot to answer for.