• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Your recycle wheelie bin

P

Perth boy

Sitting out the back last night having a drink and the garbo was collecting the recycle bins later than normal.

Really funny listening to all the drink bottles some of the neighbours had. Didn’t take too long to work out what neighbours had drinking problems.

Is you bin full of empty bottles?

garibaldi

fishing
Gold Member
Where I live, we have 1 bin recycling - everything goes into 1 bin and they sort it out with a separating machine.

City of Stirling

D

~Dragons_Princess~

We have 3 wheelie bins per house where I live, a green one, a red one & a yellow one...

Green - Garden / bio-degradable waste
Yellow - Glass & Plastics only (has a divider to seperate)
Red - Anything else, or anything you cant be bothered sorting out...

Does that mean our garbage guys should get paid 3 times as much?? :p

P

Peter

Point to ponder here: 20 years ago Perth had 120 Mariners (Bottle collectors), now there is only 17, because the Government taxes them ruthlessly and will not accept the industry as recycling. In 1970 WA recycled up to 76% of all silica based glass @ an average cost of $1.21 per kilo. They still get the same rate today!!!!! WA last year recycled 21% of all silica based glass. Just a thought!!!

P

Perth boy

We have 3 wheelie bins per house where I live, a green one, a red one & a yellow one...

Green - Garden / bio-degradable waste
Yellow - Glass & Plastics only (has a divider to seperate)
Red - Anything else, or anything you cant be bothered sorting out...

Does that mean our garbage guys should get paid 3 times as much?? :p

DP your rates must be expensive with 3 bins,

S

sexnut

Point - If any contamination (drink/food etc) is in your wheelie bin, then the whole load in the truck is contaminated and they can't recycle any of it. Don't know if things have changed now a days.