Your online history

Tassie

Gold Member
So I received some horrible news today that a close friend suddenly passed away. It lead me to thinking what happens to your online history?
Imagine you pass away and your loved ones get your phone, tablet, computer etc what would they find?
Do you clear your browsing history often?
Do you use similar usernames and passwords?
Do you have an agreement with a mate to clear everything for you?
I know that I will now be more vigilant in clearing history and using more obscure passwords!
Anyone got any thoughts?

sparky

Legend Member
They might get a better insight to who i really when i die and they get to search my house, shed , computers and search history
I wont care i just wish i could see their faces and hear what they say

Happy2

Legend Member
I never thought on it til your post Tassie
Don't think it will worry the family but maybe now I can leave a few surprises for the stickybeaks going through my folders

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
I'm a open book with my family in fact 2 of my daughters and I use the same passwords for many things.
Sparky's comment giving a better insight to who i really am. It's sad in a way the mask we put on or the secret lives etc one lives.

MikeB

Legend Member
Like Prince and his lack of a will.

Some perhaps consider once your gone, all that in life seems irrelevant to you!

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
dont have any close family only relies who im sure wont bother looking at my history but if they do im sure it'll b an eye opener ..but by then i'll b well n truly gone so it wont bother me .

Ginger Spice

Here Comes Trouble
Legend Member
I would be ok if a female family member went through my phone/computer etc.

It would be awkward. But still less then if it were a male family member haha

Ginger Spice

Here Comes Trouble
Legend Member
Any super weird sites i visit are done through my phone on private mode so it clears as soon as i close it :p

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Any super weird sites i visit are done through my phone on private mode so it clears as soon as i close it :p

Its only private on the device.... your isp knows this information anyways... NOTHING is private online sorry to say..... Its all logged....... so those blue pills you bought in 2016 someone somewhere in 2054 will be able to see that still.... nothing dies online either unless its removed by an admin, but then again if its been backed up then well its stored somewhere too......

Last edited:

peart

Gold Member
Its only private on the device.... your isp knows this information anyways... NOTHING is private online sorry to say..... Its all logged....... so those blue pills you bought in 2016 someone somewhere in 2054 will be able to see that still.... nothing dies online either unless its removed by an admin, but then again if its been backed up then well its stored somewhere too......
So what? I'm sure your family isn't going to go to your ISP and ask them for a full history of sites you've visited. And even if they did, the ISP wouldn't give them any of the info anyway.

I have a Word document printed out with all my logins and passwords so should I die my family will have access to any account I have setup (of course there are some accounts that I haven't included ;) )

Phoebe

Legend Member
So what? I'm sure your family isn't going to go to your ISP and ask them for a full history of sites you've visited. And even if they did, the ISP wouldn't give them any of the info anyway.

I have a Word document printed out with all my logins and passwords so should I die my family will have access to any account I have setup (of course there are some accounts that I haven't included ;) )

I was talking technically.. sorry..... should die you will die sorry to say ... LOL.... maybe by the time we die we will be sooo fucking bored of computers who will care anyways.... really can you see yourself still going to those same sites in 20 years time, who knows facebook, twitter etc etc may of died by then too.. who knows....

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
And where do u think that data comes from? your ISP servers which log that activity against yr ID...

You wear an overcoat over that undercoat then a pair of pitch black sunnies, an anonymous black hat, sitting in the corner surfing the net.

But there is Tor browser you can use which will bounce your traffic off a few walls.

Phoebe

Legend Member
You wear an overcoat over that undercoat then a pair of pitch black sunnies, an anonymous black hat, sitting in the corner surfing the net.

But there is Tor browser you can use which will bounce your traffic off a few walls.

No I just wear a sexy little black dress and heels..... if I ever do the overcoat I wear heels/stocking and lingerie only under it..... ;)

I know what I would rather be bouncing off a few walls... ;) THOUGH!!!!

MikeB

Legend Member
What may be of no concern to the deceased you, could be highly embarrassing or worse personally or professionally damaging to you if you were badly injured or incapacitated as a survivor reliant on the good will of others that may have access to your online history that has hitherto been secret!

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
No I just wear a sexy little black dress and heels..... if I ever do the overcoat I wear heels/stocking and lingerie only under it..... ;)

I know what I would rather be bouncing off a few walls... ;) THOUGH!!!!

Butt butt that is not being anonymously anonymous is it?