• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

You think its hot!

J

jaxonjorja

Having lived and worked in China in recent years, I can say with some confidence that the Chinese people DO NOT like these policies. The only "green" stuff going on in China is what they :police:want the world to see.
DO NOT misquote me.:nono: I NEVER said "nobody likes them". What I said was "Very few like The Greens and their policies!" These Greens love
Australian Greens
Therefore my statement would be fairly correct indeed. And yes, saying that "nobody" likes them is just the same as me criticising your use of the word "always" is absolutely true. That is why I normally choose not to use absolutes like always!

And - excuse me, you CAN like the Greens and their policies and I NEVER called you a "nobody."

A

Alecia the Foxx

One of the reasons that China isn't bound by the Kyoto protocol until 2012 is because of their population/reduction control policies. And the United Nations has been wrong about many things, so who cares what they are celebrating?

J

jaxonjorja

One of the reasons that China isn't bound by the Kyoto protocol until 2012 is because of their population/reduction control policies. And the United Nations has been wrong about many things, so who cares what they are celebrating?

Well let's just praise China and their friendly, people oriented government for NOT getting it wrong on many things eh

A

Alecia the Foxx

Having lived and worked in China in recent years, I can say with some confidence that the Chinese people DO NOT like these policies. The only "green" stuff going on in China is what they want the world to see.
DO NOT misquote me. I NEVER said "nobody likes them". What I said was "Very few like The Greens and their policies!"

Ok, so what is this then?

They can have the policies, but if nobody likes them or their party, fat lot of good they are! A quote from you.

Happy2

Legend Member
Only problems with the 1 child policy are the killing of girl babies the abortions forced
onto some women. Probably non party members and on the bottom of the economic heap
And now a population of kids Who have become some of the most spoiled kids asia has ever seen
Otherwise it seems to be working fine

Demon

Legend Member
Unfortunately while the Greens have good intentions, most of their policies are bad for the environment.

A good example is hybrid cars and electric cars. The energy used to make the technology exceeds the energy saved over the lifetime of the vehicles. Net effect is additional energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.

Environmental analysis has been done of all their policies. Most are not good for the environment, but sound good. The effect of most policies is to 'displace emissions', not reduce. Displace means that the emissions occur elsewhere, and frequently with greater emissions.

Bottled water in countries with safe water supplies is a massive environmental disaster. Any green supporter who drinks bottled water is hurting the environment.

The world's greatest environmental issue is potable water, but we see little action on that. Australia gives its water away to industry and households, only charging for treatment and distribution. When pricing of water is raised all pollies say 'no way', but they introduce a carbon tax which will have zero positive effect on the environment.

Why will it have not positive effect? It is based on an economic theory called 'Efficient Market Hypothesis' which was first raised in the economics literature in the mid 1960s. It is still called a hypothesis because in the 45 years since its introduction no evidence has been produced to show that it is correct, but a large volume of evidence shows it is incorrect. It author, Gene Fama, says he still teaches it because 'it is an elegant theory, even though I know it does not describe the real world'.

Its author says it does not work, and the carbon tax is based on that economic theory.

Carbon tax is all about carbon permit trading by the same folks who brought you the Global Financial Crisis. There are Trillions of dollars to be made by trading these things, but no effect on the environment. Probably a negative effect because all the focus will be on the banks gambling activities (carbon credit trading).

A

Alecia the Foxx

Well let's just praise China and their friendly, people oriented government for NOT getting it wrong on many things eh

Nah, just pointing out what they have done right. And that there are plenty of them, so, "nobody" is not an accurate statement.

A

Alecia the Foxx

I agree. The main promoter of the climate change fraud is the UN. Most of the quoted material is from them.

Really? None of the stuff that I studied at tertiary level and made my decision on was from them.

J

jaxonjorja

The United Nations is no friend of the Greens, so no idea what you are on about.

I didn't mention the greens in my post so how all of a sudden did you drop them in? You've thrown the baby out with the bath water by saying that because the UN have been wrong on many things (but have been right on so many more!!), that they should be ignored...or shouted down!! Hhmmmm! Sceptic? I think so!!

J

jaxonjorja

Nah, just pointing out what they have done right. And that there are plenty of them, so, "nobody" is not an accurate statement.

You need to go back and re-read some previous posts Ms Foxx, as well as find out a few more facts about China.
For starters, as has already been clarified, my "nobody" comment that you keep tediously referring to relates to The Greens, and insignificant AUSTRALIAN political party. Last time I checked, they had no votes out of China!
You are correct on one small point though. Yes there are plenty of them, Police and government officials, that is, and the reality is that very few if any Chinese people elect these officials into their positions. The other REALITY that I am aware of is that the population control policy IS NOT liked by the Chinese people in the main - FACT!!

A

Alecia the Foxx

Yeah, you did mention the Greens, you said in one post that few liked the Greens, and in another post you said that "nobody" like them. I have quoted them both above.

Who's shouting. I am certainly not.

So what if I don't agree with everything the UN says? I don't subscribe to dualistic thinking, I operate more on a continuum, so when they are doing some good things in terms of climate change I am allowed to agree.

A

Alecia the Foxx

You need to go back and re-read some previous posts Ms Foxx, as well as find out a few more facts about China.
For starters, as has already been clarified, my "nobody" comment that you keep tediously referring to relates to The Greens, and insignificant AUSTRALIAN political party. Last time I checked, they had no votes out of China!
You are correct on one small point though. Yes there are plenty of them, Police and government officials, that is, and the reality is that very few if any Chinese people elect these officials into their positions. The other REALITY that I am aware of is that the population control policy IS NOT liked by the Chinese people in the main - FACT!!

The Greens is not an insignificant party over here. It hardly matters whether anyone likes the Greens in China or not, if they are doing things for climate change and other environmental issues. Result is the same.

J

jaxonjorja

As I said, the supporting material that fuelled those policies was not written and researched by the UN.

Demon didn't say that the UN wrote or researched it, he said that the UN was, and I quote "the main promoter of the climate change fraud". The promoted it, and others reiterated those promoted statements

J

jaxonjorja

Yeah, you did mention the Greens, you said in one post that few liked the Greens, and in another post you said that "nobody" like them. I have quoted them both above.

Who's shouting. I am certainly not.

So what if I don't agree with everything the UN says? I don't subscribe to dualistic thinking, I operate more on a continuum, so when they are doing some good things in terms of climate change I am allowed to agree.

In the post you quoted me on, I DID NOT mention The Greens. I DID NOT say "nobody" likes them, I said "if nobody likes them or their policies"! Big difference!! I'd have thought that during your tertiary education you would have learned that when you quote somebody, quote them accurately to the point of when using " " then quote EXACTLY!

Once again, don't twist what has been said. I didn't say you had to agree with them on everything or even at all. What I did say was words to the effect of "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater". You said, and I quote "the United Nations has been wrong about many things, so who cares what they are celebrating?" To me, and most others, that is a classic case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater!!!!!

J

jaxonjorja

The Greens is not an insignificant party over here. It hardly matters whether anyone likes the Greens in China or not, if they are doing things for climate change and other environmental issues. Result is the same.

The Greens may not be an insignificant party in NZ, but NZ is insignificant on the world stage!
You obviously still have not read previous posts for clarification because it is clear from those posts that there is no "The Greens" in China. China when last I was there about 8 weeks ago was doing very little for positive climate change (if you believe it is necessary), not other environmental issues. Result is not the same, because the same is not being done!!

A

Alecia the Foxx

Demon didn't say that the UN wrote or researched it, he said that the UN was, and I quote "the main promoter of the climate change fraud". The promoted it, and others reiterated those promoted statements

If Demon is interested in clarifying himself, then he can write his own posts. He is a big boy and I am sure that he doesen't need you to do it for him.

I have no idea whether the UN celebrated the 7 billionth birth or not. I would have to check it out for myself if I actually cared. I do know that the Kyoto protocol was an effort by scientists, journalists, NGO's, etc, and yes, the UN promoted it. Some of their other promotions have been dubious, but hey, I already articulated the continuum thing, I can't be stuffed pointing it out again.

There was the UN convention against Mercenaries too, which I don't agree with, which may surprise some people, so yeah ... I never said anywhere that the UN was perfect, or even that the Climate Change policies were perfect. In fact, I have even appreciated some of WRXXXR's comments the Carbon Tax credit thread, when I didn't initially agree.

But that doesen't change my overall point of view that climate change exists, and that China is doing a number of things to address that already, although they have not been bound to up till now.

However, whatever. I have nothing more to say, except, yeah, it is bloody hot!!

J

jaxonjorja

If Demon is interested in clarifying himself, then he can write his own posts. He is a big boy and I am sure that he doesen't need you to do it for him.

I have no idea whether the UN celebrated the 7 billionth birth or not. I would have to check it out for myself if I actually cared. I do know that the Kyoto protocol was an effort by scientists, journalists, NGO's, etc, and yes, the UN promoted it. Some of their other promotions have been dubious, but hey, I already articulated the continuum thing, I can't be stuffed pointing it out again.

There was the UN convention against Mercenaries too, which I don't agree with, which may surprise some people, so yeah ... I never said anywhere that the UN was perfect, or even that the Climate Change policies were perfect. In fact, I have even appreciated some of WRXXXR's comments the Carbon Tax credit thread, when I didn't initially agree.

But that doesen't change my overall point of view that climate change exists, and that China is doing a number of things to address that already, although they have not been bound to up till now.

However, whatever. I have nothing more to say, except, yeah, it is bloody hot!!

I will post to whom and about whatever I like Ms Foxx, and if that means providing assistance to get his point across to another poster, so be it :boxing:
You've said a couple times now words to the effect of "I don't know. I'll have to check that out". If you're ignorant about the subject, stop posting until you aren't. And if you don't "actually care" about finding out, then you deserve to be ignorant.
Please provide some examples of anything significant China is doing in relation to addressing an issue that has been around since the beginning of time?

By the way, is somewhere around 20 degrees celcius in Auckland / Hamilton (anywhere on North Island) which is current temperature, "Bloody Hot"???

A

Alecia the Foxx

"I don't know," and "I'll check that out for myself," meant that I didn'tbelieve what Demon was saying. And I made it clear that I thought that Demon's points were irrelevant, and I wasn''t interested in researching them anyway, precisely because they were irrelevant.

It's about 27 degrees in Hamilton, what do you care anyway?

I'm not the one with the ban, so think on that.

B

BigBoy69

"I don't know," and "I'll check that out for myself," meant that I didn'tbelieve what Demon was saying. And I made it clear that I thought that Demon's points were irrelevant, and I wasn''t interested in researching them anyway, precisely because they were irrelevant.

It's about 27 degrees in Hamilton, what do you care anyway?

I'm not the one with the ban, so think on that.

:laughing4:laughing4:laughing4