You all seem a well travelled crowd

Happy2

Legend Member
So where in the world is the best place you've visited And what food was the best there and may be also the weirdest while there ?
I won t surprise any on here who know me when I say the best food I've had was in Chile Grilled Guinea Pig is superb
And Taiwan is the only place to make tofu edible to me grilled and spiced

Weirdest?? Far easier grilled sparrows Again in Taiwan

T

Tania Admin

When I travelled to the US many moons ago I had the most awesome Buffalo steak,, mmmm, it was truly delicious. Weird foods? Hmmm. I can't say I've tried any.

User184

Gold Member
Muffelata Sandwich from New Orleans.... OMFG.
Or Hokey Pokey ice cream, enjoyed in the land of the long white cloud.

Ginger Spice

Here Comes Trouble
Legend Member
I have only left the country once. That was to go to America. The food there sucked. Everywhere. The preservatives and added hormones in the food made me grow an extra cup size and had me bloated my ENTIRE trip. Just walking made my poor boobies hurt like hell. The only good places to eat there were Not American food. Such as an Italian restaurant etc.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I have only left the country once. That was to go to America. The food there sucked. Everywhere. The preservatives and added hormones in the food made me grow an extra cup size and had me bloated my ENTIRE trip. Just walking made my poor boobies hurt like hell. The only good places to eat there were Not American food. Such as an Italian restaurant etc.

I had no idea it was that bad. I thought everything was just supersized with extra fat and sugar.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
It's a good thing you didn't ask for extras, Ginger! Extra bacon, extra fries, extra gravy, extra coronaries.

I had no idea it was that bad. I thought everything was just supersized with extra fat and sugar.
Not everything. One tip is to order kids' meals, which come in relatively small servings if you don't have a big appetite, e.g.:

WORLDburger3.jpg

Happy2

Legend Member
Interesting Ginger Wonder if Happy2 junior would increase in size
Bugger going to Southern Africa in January US of A here we come H2 and H2 jnr are on the way

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I love the food in Beijing. I have visited many times over 25 years and I had the best grilled Lamb of my life at a specialty Mongolian Lamb Restaurant.I can still taste the flavor 10 years later.Being born in NZ I had until then always thought the NZ lamb was the best.

XTREME

I AM NOT A ROBOT
Gold Member
im very precausious to what i eat in asian countries after hearing and reading stories of places cooking up random animals like dogs and cats.
they even making rat and snake crackers and not telling the customers.
i seen plenty of asian people eating big frogs. but too me its kinda gross lol

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I always say to myself you never know if you never go.I either like it or I don't. Only had two foods I did not like in China one was fermented bean curd and the other was at a breakfast banquet, I picked up a ball thing and as I took it to my mouth the legs and the beak popped out. I didn't try that one, but do believe it would have been delicious.

Nateeee

Gold Member
I've spent a lot of time on the north shore of Hawaii. There's this Mexican place that does amazing feeds for such a good price. I miss those days so much!

Rasmey Chan

Gold Member
I thoroughly agree and will doing so again in a month's time. Now if I had someone to share a meal and dessert it would be delightful.

Hi Biflab I'm going to Cambodia on Thursday for 2 months to look after my hostess bar. Why not drop in for a drink and I can introduce you to the lovely ladies who work for me?
It's called Channary bar in St 104 next to Rose bar