Will prices go up or down at AMPs as a result?

doob

Legend Member
The government announced today that it was cracking down on visa scams e.g. people who enter Australia claiming they're here to study English but go working hardcore at the AMPs. When that happens and the supply of staff drop, what do you think will happen to prices? And do you think it'll affect the caucasian sex workers (whom I think are waaaaay overpriced anyway).

doob

Legend Member
I suspect a certain amount of money may well change hands among the hoi polloi and the authorities.

Englishbreakfast1970

Silver Member
Plenty of WL probably on visitor visas or working holiday visas, not all on student visas. People don't have that much spare cash atm I don't see prices going up dramatically.

B

Bobby1974

wonder what the illegal immigrant or on visa actually gets per happy ending

Be Nice

Diamond Member
wonder what the illegal immigrant or on visa actually gets per happy ending

The girls in AMP's get a set rate from the shop fee per time, so for a 1 hour massage they get $25 of the $75 or $80 that you paid, any extras negotiated after that are for the girl in question to keep.

B

Bobby1974

$50 for a bit more in the room, maybe a bigger smile from the masseuse

Pattaya

Silver Member
The government announced today that it was cracking down on visa scams e.g. people who enter Australia claiming they're here to study English but go working hardcore at the AMPs. When that happens and the supply of staff drop, what do you think will happen to prices? And do you think it'll affect the caucasian sex workers (whom I think are waaaaay overpriced anyway).
A few of Fiona’s girls had better be careful

Longshot

Gold Member
Well the federal government has barely made a decision and actioned it since they've been in power...so don't hold your breath!! Oh hang on, yes they stopped the livestock exports so now our farmers suffer and so do we with rising prices!!

doob

Legend Member
Well the federal government has barely made a decision and actioned it since they've been in power...so don't hold your breath!! Oh hang on, yes they stopped the livestock exports so now our farmers suffer and so do we with rising prices!!
And they've paused the "gold card" immigrants today as well i.e. invest in the country and you get a free passport.

"Australia has paused applications for individuals who invest more than A$5 million ($3.3 million) into the country as part of a broader immigration policy overhaul designed to entice more skilled migrants. All applications for the Significant Investor or “Golden Visa” program have been halted. Home Affairs Minister Clare O’Neil said the visa was one of “many aspects” of Australia’s migration system that the government plans to change in order “to create a system which delivers for our country.”< ..

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

The Voice

Diamond Member
Actually, if exports reduce, local supply increases and prices decrease as we as consumers are not having to compete with overseas consumers for that product. That is why local prices of lobsters and wine have come down over the past couple years following China's ban.

BTW, I'm not justifying the live export ban, just saying the economics would have the opposite effect on local prices.