• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Why do people lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huma

Why do some men and ladies lie one example one day I was in a bar having a social drink talking to a couple of ladies one of them replied saying it’s my 48th birthday I replied pardon me no I’m 35 I’m 27 it pretty sad I think people have to lie for others to like them people should be more honest with one another age and looks isn’t every thing it’s who we are that counts

Last edited by a moderator:
H

huma

I would say so to but who would ? It’s pretty sad to lie to them selves

V

Vyxxxn

huma said:
I would say so to but who would ? It’s pretty sad to lie to them selves
....it's even "sadder" when they believe it :( I don't lie....I shut-up ;)

L

littlebighorn

People somtimes lie to fill a void in there lives, and to cover up there true feelings of them selves and others.Sadly fiction and reality become intertwined

waxenboy

Foundation Member
Why lie

People lie so other people will like them.If people do not like you for who you are then too bad for the other person.

I knew a guy who i use to work with and he was a brick packer and he use to tell the lady's that he flew helicopter's they would flock to him.They would ask what i did and i would say that i packed brick's drove forklift's and they would just walk away.Why should i lie if they did not want to get to know then they could get stuffed.

The problem with lieing is that you have to lie to cover all the other lie's you have made and that where people fall down be truthfull to yourself. :hello:

H

Hugh Jorn

I always lie... hang on thats a lie... hehehehe....
People have an ego that always wants to be better than we really are, so some times people mascarade (Is that spelt right?) No one likes to be lied to, and we should all strive not to.
The first thing someone has to learn is to be honest to yourself. If some one is lying they are usually lying to themselves. Maybe you can offer guidance to this person? But what would I know, I could be lying... :)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
It is some time neccessary to tell untruths so as not to hurt peoples feelings are these considered lies.
A example was if someone at the club had bought a new outfit and asked what i thought i would find something positive to say even if I didn;t think it suited.If the positions were reversed and a girl at langtrees asked me what I thought of her new outfit I would tell her straight up if it suited or not because the right outfit can make a lot of difference to their earning power and I feel it is my job to guide them truthfully.
You'd be surprised at how many times this happens and one instance is a mature worker that changed to a younger image with wig and new clothes.She'd had this image for at least two weeks before I saw it and was horrified by my comments because every one else had told her she looked great.I asked her if she felt more comfortable with the 1st image with her clients which she admitted she had.I asked her if her income had increased which she admitted it hadn't.Then I asked her which image she felt the most comfortable in and she admitted the first.I never saw her in the new image again and when I saw her 1 month later she admitted that once she changed back her income increased 25%.

H

honeyblonde

they lie because they can

everybody at some stage has told a lie.

we do it as kids to save our bacon
we do it as adults to as mary anne said to not hurt other people. that little white lie. Every guy knows not to answer the question does my arse look fat in this?

the internet is a perfect medium for lies. Who knows who is real even in this forum, are my pictures real? Do i exist? am i a female?
Is that really robs cock?

When meeting people we may lie to gain something, to seduce someone ie I am a pilot, as the image of a pilot is glamerous with big bucks those are things that attract a woman. there is still a bit of the hunter gather stuff in us all, he who brings home the bigger hunt turns on the woman. Thought up town girls may be turned on by those hunky blue collar brick layers. Just pick your meat is the way to go lads.

women lie about their age all the time mainly because if your over fifty people think your beyond it, says me at the rip old age of fifty two...damit now I have lost half my fan club...this is my concerned face :headbang:

lies are means to an end, some of us just dont like to lie because it makes us feel very uncomfortable, just ask my dad my face goes red as a beetroot when I try to lie.

but some people out there live a life of lies, they lie to their partners when they are fucking other people they lie to thier work mates when they are fucking them over, people lie when they dont want to be with someone its not you its me ( a dollar for howmany of us have said that one).

lies are part of life I think its the degree of the lie and the intentbehind that lie and the hurt it generates thats important

now does my arse look big in this?

honeyblonde

sioxie

Foundation Member
people who kid themselves

"but some people out there live a life of lies, they lie to their partners when they are fucking other people they lie to thier work mates when they are fucking them over, people lie when they dont want to be with someone its not you its me ( a dollar for howmany of us have said that one).' to quote honey

Its a sad indictment of our society though when people can lie and not have a conscience abt it esp when it hurts other peoples feelings........I often wonder how these people sleep at nite but obviously they do or they wouldnt keep on lying and doing it over and over again. To me honesty is everything especially in a relationship and i am often critisised for being overly trustworthy and naive but thats just me and hey am i going to change myself just to stop getting taken for a ride? NO........

I dont intend giving up my values and become hard nosed or i would suspect every single person of lying and then miss out on the genuine ones......so i take everyone on trust and if they abuse that trust well they are the ones losing out not me........

V

Vyxxxn

H8Em!

I dont intend giving up my values and become hard nosed or I would suspect every single person of lying and then miss out on the genuine ones......so I take everyone on trust and if they abuse that trust well they are the ones losing out not me........

Too true Sioxe...Can't be bothered with those which lie, there is no need for people to feel they should need to lie me, I do not judge nor criticize, guess alot do it to promote their own Ego's or think they need to make one feel better, I decide how I need to feel & don't need others ASSuming how I should be feeling, in the long run their lies always comes crashing down round them. ;)

L

loosecannon

people

think people generally tell untruths because they are not confident in themselves. they may need for others to perceive them in a certain light in order to be happy, if that makes any sense.

loosecannon

S

summer

summer

Hi how you going?
I feel we all as people lie about certain issue's in our life
and if we said we never have then we would only be liang to
ourselves!
Sometimes people have different reason's to protect themselves
and depending on their circumstance's they may tell a little lie!
People are different some can openly express themselves,other's
cannot.To feel accepted is a big thing and some people feel better
to twist a story a little expecially when they are getting to know
someone the first time and they don't want to give out to much
incase they get judged!
There are nice and nasty people in this world and when your've had a lot of
different people you soon get to know if you feel a sense of comfort
or not!Everyone lie's in a little way or a big way but if it is not going
to hurt a person or to protect yourself then their's a difference!
If it was to destroy or straight out hurt someone then that's different
altogether!Summer.

A

Arabian Prince

Being a newbie to this here forum I would assume that there is more than one member hiding under the cloak of mystery of a fabricated persona. However that is all good.

As Albert Einstein so eloquently said:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
Hi there Arabian Prince!! A lot of people will always hide for various reasons however there are a lot of us that have ventured out and met one another and so get together once a month at forum dinners. If you're ever down this way maybe you might come along and see some of us real people...lol

A

Arabian Prince

I am back in Perth - I had a security detail in Cairo but now I am back.

Where do you want to meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.