• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

What's happened??

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
To these forums . Both T.S. & T.C. seem to have bitten the dust n ridden of into the sunset n died

MikeB

Legend Member
Both appear to be so focused on promoting single establishments - result = those with broader interests have drifted off elsewhere that better target their needs.

Too little useful info, too much testosterone charged chest beating (bitching!) and too little interaction with a range of diverse W/Ls (from Langtrees/privates/R'nt/AMP etc) which worked so well in previous incarnations :(

Given who funds this forum fully understand the commercial driver here, not so clear at TC, but assume it is related to the old adage that he who pays the piper names the tune :rolleyes:

F

Fond Goodbye

yep, TC though mainly consisted of bullshit stories by President HUMP, Alias FIGJAM, or Lucifer

T

TBC - Vivian

Why people fight here for? Should be happy place right?

A

ampmassageboy

surely that can't be right, Lucifer and PH chatted back and forward to each other all day, you telling us it was a mirage?

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Why people fight here for? Should be happy place right?

Hi TBC Vivien

You are so sweet.

Yes, of course it should be a happy place and no, people should not fight on here.
However history has more than proven that sex related forums are battle grounds.
You only have to say something that someone else does not like or disagrees with and you will have an attack.
Not on the issue, but on you; personally.

Some of the people who frequent these types of forums have little desire to debate, or interest in discussing or even argue a case. They are mostly keyboard warriors who then accuse others of being just that.
You would not believe some of the things I have been called on here in the past.

I used to be a prolific contributor to this and a couple of other forums, but was shot down and blatantly abused a number of times. Sometimes by people who assumed they knew better that anybody else; sometimes by people who had an axe to grind; sometimes by people who were just jealous and sometimes by people who were not capable of reading more than the first sentence of a post without immediately jumping to a conclusion before they had given themselves an opportunity to read my entire post to ascertain exactly what I was putting forward.

One of those forums died and was resurrected, perhaps more than once (Talkinsex)
One of those forums died and passed into legend (Perth Encounters - The Original)
One of those forums fizzled and died (Perth Encounters - The Next Generation)
One of those forums was created at the time of the death of another and is still going (Talkin Club)

I guess it all comes down to moderation and what the forum owner wants their forum to be.

Sometimes the fights can be amusing, with clever banter and cheeky references.
Other times it is just sad.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Thanks Guys the posting has doubled in the last two days, and you are all right a little and a wrong to. Talkin Sex has never really had major fighting issues , shit stirring yes and noses getting put out joint yes but by the whole the members are a pretty good crowd and we have moved the few mean ones out pretty quickly.
The forum was set up as a sex education tool and a meeting place and I could rattle of 50 or more great friendship, relationships and marriages made on this forum.
If I wasnt so lazy to rewrite the 20-30 personal messages I still get from lonely people each year that read and follow but are to shy to join in you would see the postive things the forum brings. I was pleased to hear we have a baby forum (Talkin CLUB) and like a good mum I hope it flourishes.
Now as well as the lonely people we have all helped we have also helped two people I personally know of not commit suicide...which was why when I wanted to close down a few years ago I allowed it to go on with little leadership and direction. I was surprised at how many people still stayed on board.
Without a full time webmistress and or webmaster that can learn the backend so the permissions are in proper order it would be hard to get back to the good old days. This is an expense of $1000 per week so to justify that outlay Langtrees of Perth, Darwin & Canberra have to get a return.
I dont expect you to become Langtrees Guests unless it is your choice, I was asking for a backlink or two That will give our main business better google rankings, a HOT or a Tick on the nice adverts the receptionists spend time everyday putting up, a cheeky comment or two to the ladies that join inIs that being unreasonable?
I am looking at it from my perspective and do appreciate members comments so I can learn to look at all points of view.
I do think I have palyed pretty fair, I understand a lot of members,can't even work out how to post and i cant change this without a FORUM backend expert.and I am too bloody old to learn it myself.
Most of my new WEB team don't see the value in the forum and all marketing preference for the new website is social media.
I see the value for the people we help, even our friendly squabbles help more than I think any of us will ever know.
Ive lost my mouse and cant use keypad very well so you will have to put up with my spelling mistakes......

MY apologises for the bad grammar & formay
t I left my mouse at the India office yesterday and had to use keypad and fight the size of my viewing change constantly only me. I should edit but I am to lazy and I think most will get the points I was trying to make.
This morning I did learn how to quickly get back from the increasing & decreasing sizes.
HOLD CONTROL- HIT 0 (ZERO)- and goes back to 100%

Last edited:

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Thanks Guys the posting has doubled in the last two days, and you are all right a little and a wrong to. Talkin Sex has never really had major fighting issues , shit stirring yes and noses getting put out joint yes but by the whole the members are a pretty good crowd and we have moved the few mean ones out pretty quickly...........

Thanks MAK for joining in and also putting your thoughts and perception. All great.

TS has had fantastic times in the past and at one stage was definitely the ONLY place to be. Let's face it; it was the only local forum for local information, support and education.

I personally agree with all you said and can attest to the truth of contacts and friendships, etc.

We have all, at one stage or another been guilty of being keyboard warriors, shit stirrers or offended by someone else's attack, either general or personal.

I also think that a moderator should jump on these things quickly, rather than let them fester and grow out of proportion. That just exacerbates the problem. However, for moderators to perform that task, they must get something for their time and efforts. A volunteer's efforts are limited to their free time and inclination. They may also have a personal agenda in some cases. They aren't employed by the company, as it were, so there is limited loyalty.

I feel that TS is coming back; but sporadically and it would be a shame if it was just limited to a place to swap names and numbers of AMP girls (not that there is anything wrong with AMP girls, LOL)

Perhaps you can convince someone to create specific areas. ie. for BDSM, T-Girls, etc. I think both of these subjects and others need a lot more talked or taught about them. Just a thought.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
LORD SPIKEY:You have expressed what we need perfectly and I agree with you the problem is $$$ how to we get the $1000-$2000 dollars we would need to have 1 key webmaster for back end and 10 part time moderators for specific areas with a earn of $150 weekly - remember it will only support a hobby income and a desire to leave something behind.
If we can find the solution there are many deserving members that would make excellent part moderators. I imagine Beep in control of Shitstirrers, Monique in charge of Private operatos, Lord Spikey in charge of manners, with of course JOHN LOU & Happy Pirate as the Generals there job would be the Supreme Court Judges and they would have to keep me and Beep in line.
As I type I realise we should up the point size of our text and it is probably a 5 minute job in the backend being the lucky person I am a xenforo trained member is going to read this and help us out.
Jackhammer would be perfect but he needs to want to do it as he is a very private man.
There are many other wonderful members I just dont have time to quickly remember their names as I do I will add to this thread so I can search when the WEBMASTER falls into place, the WEBMISTRESS I had my eye on is going to focus on SEO and our social media first.
PS moving forward we are never going to focus on reviews, but will be happy to hear members point of views on anything of interest, as long as it is not in a aggressive attack manner.A bitch is OK but I want to see some humor at the end as with a rant- get it off your chest but remember there is always at least 8 sides to the same story......
"Lets beg to differ" as it is a human right, one day I will find my beg to Differ stor
y I wrote for my recently departed only maternal aunty. Im off to ring my mum and see how she is going......

Last edited:

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
You no never understood a word ur talkin about but thanks for the mention

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Yes I checked the dates and realised I was off track but I do so enjoy hijacking your posts Beep and I think you know you are a treasured forum member. I know you have taught me a lot....sometimes it is only a bit more patience...but many times it is far more than that.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Not clear what you are talkin about Waldo plz be a bit more specific so old bats like me do not understand...