1. My last notice about soft dicks has worked well so will try another...the forum traffic and posts and interaction is picking up and we want more interaction from everyone. I understand some can't learn to post , either too shy or too lazy but you can learn to use the emoji's which are on the bottom right of every post. Use the like or dislike button...let strangers know you have passed their way and appreciate they have made the effort with the post. USE THE EMOJI'S and this way you are joining in...it does make a difference.
    Dismiss Notice

What has happened to this forum?

Discussion in 'ADMIN NEWS: TIPS: SHORTCUTS: HELP' started by MrBig, Oct 26, 2015.

1. MrBig

MrBig Legend Member

When I joined TS earlier this year is was due to impression I had that it had a combination of enjoyable tongue-in-cheek banter and serious discussions in an open chat style format.

Where did it all go wrong (my opinion)?

What I now see....

General chit-chat has reduced significantly and now there is very little interaction between members.

There's a feeling of having to watch one's tongue if intending to place a humorous quip to lighten the mood in a semi-formal discussion.

Punter's reviews have waned significantly.

I thought it was an open forum allowing discussions/reviews about anyone any establishment but that's no longer the case either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Empathy Empathy x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sparky

sparky Legend Member

Glad to see someone else say exactly how I feel too
    without light hearted banter and member interaction I can only see this forum following the demise of many before it
    I hope it doesn't follow that path too

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tania

Tania Staff Member Moderator

In reply a lot of the Forum has been closed off to members while the clean-up has been in process. It is a little difficult to comment on threads that are not open.
    It's a big job cleaning up the Forum and sometimes things get a little worse while making them better. Once finished it will be awesome.
    Member numbers are going up everyday and from what I can tell it's becoming more freindly, more informative and much more fun.
    There is still plenty of the olde friendly banter from what I can see.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrBig

MrBig Legend Member

Hi Tania
    I saw somewhere that threads are no longer accessible to the public. If so then I can see why member numbers are increasing with many of these new members just looking more than interacting - so many were previously checking out forum as guests and others probably popping in once to see what the fuss is all about.

BTW. My thread. Post all you like.;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mary-Anne K

Mary-Anne K Administrator Battle Axe

Mr Little yea of little faith, the logged in members is higher than its been for 8 years and I believe we will double this figure by XMAS. Now I don't mind members having a moan but what about a little praise every now and then, we are only through 1/3rd of the clean up and the forum is much easier to use, much easier to find your subject and looks fantastic with Jackhammers icons and banners.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dallas

Dallas Legend Member

I guess it depends on what each of us looks for in the forum. For me at least, I had found it a bit slow and boring until recently but the last couple of weeks it's never been more fun. A lot of the ladies are really participating which is both fun and good for business too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Happy2

Happy2 Legend Member

There does seem to be less banter than previous But this has happened before, things wane then come back

Though as Mr Little said there does seem to be less fun overall
    Less posts of a light hearted manner by the pains in the neck like
    H2
    FB2
    Mr Little
    XLNC
    The Axeman
    just to name a few Hang on I'm H2 I take my name off the above list

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. bepp

bepp Feelthy old bugga Legend Member

t of
    Phew.....He likes me afterall MrL.
    just be wary of the Forum Police

• Like Like x 1
    • Welcome Welcome x 1
  9. Happy2

Happy2 Legend Member

knew I forgot someone My apologies Beep Sorry bepp

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. westy

westy Mouse chasing Pussy Legend Member

Hi Mr Little.
    Hang in there little buddy. I have been a member since 2010 (still not a legend though:cool:) there have been many ups and downs. Some great contributors, who really gave strong controversial opinions. In fact some were downright rude, but really livened up the place. Feel free to vent your little mind often.....
    I nearly shot through a few times when things were lean here, but have hung around and believe it is on the upswing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Trinco

Trinco Gold Member

It's no longer for the punters...its moved away slowly and now it's all about advertisers and health safety notice board ....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  12. happytimes

happytimes what you see is wat you get and alot more Legend Member

I have seen the Forum change for the better over the years, many different people now but the work that MARYANNE has put into making this so much easier is a credit to Her and all the staff that have been involved over the last few yrs, so many extra;s now as well and the link to just about any W/L is something i know you have made sure it works MARYANNE, all i can say is well done for all involved, i have never found it boring as it can always be fired up with some genuine posts..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Happy2

Happy2 Legend Member

Buk I forgot about buk the silly..

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Buk

Buk Legend Member

TS suits my purpose and as a relatively new-comer (compared to some of you regular 'oldies', no names mentioned) I have enjoyed and found interesting, though not always agreed with, the diverse opinions of male and female contributors. I have passed opinions and made statements which have garnered some positive and negative responses, but hey I'm a big kid, I can handle it and that's what I like about the forum...you cop a bit and you give it back all in good humour, thoughtful advice, serious and semi- serious commentary on a variety of topics, most with sexual undertones, of course. The reviews of WLs and AMPs and other establishments are often interesting and appreciated. Thanks to the Trojans working behind the scenes of TS and to the likes of Mr Little and many other regulars, including XLNC's weird and wonderful humour and way with words, all of whom keep TS ticking over and relevant......it takes all kinds to make the forums go around. So there.....I rest my case. Amen.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Leoemma

Leoemma Bronze Member

Where do I post 10 times?

Everything seems blocked....how is it done

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  16. Tania

Tania Staff Member Moderator

17. happypirate

happypirate Old pirate Staff Member Forum Manager

Ahoy;- Now your view point counts for very Little.....Mr BIG

18. bepp

What an xcellent forum we have now,i feel as thi im where i brlong ,amongst love ones +

• Like Like x 2
  19. johnlou

johnlou Staff Member Forum Manager

hi Bepp . you only receive love when you show love . ( if you throw a punch @ me you will defferently get 1 in the return mail ) trust me

isn't this the way life is today , when you see what happens around the world ??
    we give out plenty of rope and it is amazing on who and how quick someone hangs themselves

enjoy the forum :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. bepp

I am njoying it hope im welcum

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. johnlou

johnlou Staff Member Forum Manager

bepp every one is welcome :) :)

enjoy

• Like Like x 2
  22. Scottyy

Scottyy Guest

Welcome bepp. You are a laugh to have on this forum ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  23. magrov

magrov Legend Member

I must admit that I left for a while, mostly due to too much stuff going on in my life but partially because I felt the forum was going downhill. I love the new look and I'm hopeful again that this can become the centre of this great industry

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1