What do you think of online dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spunkymunky

What do you guys think about online dating.....i don't mean the adult sites where you meet people for sex i mean actual dating.

I have met up with a couple of guys off this site and some girls off another site and had some fun with one or two of them but meeting them was for the sole purpose of sex. The profiles, conversations and everything leading up to it was with the intention of hooking up with them......now i am considering trying internet dating.

H

Hot_Bi_BBW

Hey Spunky.. I've been into internet dating for a few years (mainly cos I'm too shy when out n about), and have met my last 4 bf's off different sites. I finally found a gem (been tgthr 1 yr in June) after nearly 5 yrs of looking, lots of pple use internet dating these days, I think it's fine as a way of meeting pple, as opposed to going to sleazy clubs etc... Good luck :)

2curiousperth

Agreed with Hot_Bi_BBW, my wife and I met with online dating and we are an excellent match. We could never have met each other in a pub or club (because neither of us went to pubs or clubs, for one thing; not our scene).

S

Spunkymunky

Thats the problem i have - even when i do occasionally go to a pub/club i find i dont meet anyone. Ever. I have only had two serious boyfriends and one i met at school, one through a mate. So i dont really know how to met men! Gonna give the internet dating thing a shot methinks......

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
i'm at an age now where im out of the pub n club;s scene, n looking at internet dating, am trying it but not much luck,anybody recomend any sites please.n yes i'm getting desparate,not good thing to b alone these days

B

Bratboy

Every single woman I've gone out with from internet dating has been totally cuckoo and given me the shits.

I think you should go for it.

H

Hot_Bi_BBW

The love of my life

Every single woman I've gone out with from internet dating has been totally cuckoo and given me the shits.

I think you should go for it.

Bratty here you are I've been scouring the internet looking for you, and baby the love of your life is here! Why haven't u returned my calls?? I've been wondering where we went wrong... Was it my incessant whingeing on how fat my butt looks in every single outfit I tried on? Or the fact that I banged all of your mates at your 21st?? I know that you're the one for me and I really need you tonight to hold me tight and make it right, don't start a fight, cos my pussy's nice n tight, and we all know that you guys will put up with just about anything for the promise of a tight puss Lol Cuckoo meow cuckoo meow... Call me
;-) Meow x PS where did u hide the fruit loops?:love10::love10::love10::love10:

S

Spunkymunky

Amanda i love you......if gay marriage was legal in this country i would marry you darling. Mwahahahaha,you rule!!

H

Hot_Bi_BBW

Lol kidding, I don't kno you from Jack, but that was fun. I kno what you mean about nutcases... I've chatted to a few in my time ;-) I hope u find a hottie (I think Spunky sounds pretty kuit) and sorry to hear about ur hideous encounter the other night, I detest gutless f***s who prey on pple minding their own biz.. :-( xx

S

Spunkymunky

Oh dear........please dont respond to that Bratboy. But thanks for thinking im cute hot_bi_bbw :)

aussie_single34

Resident kinky pervert
Foundation Member
I have met some nutbags
Especially in America in Feb/March when I went "on tour"

But...I'd still do ya :)

M

Malmensa

Yeah, I have tried online dating, both the sleazy (adultfriendfinder) & less sleazy (rsvp). Much the same game really, except people tend to have differing expectations. Some on RSVP are after the whole "white picket fence" scenario. If you have tried the "adult sites", then you shoud have a good insight into how the "actual dating" sites work.

We met through a random chat on ICQ, 5 or so years ago, worked for us :)

R

randd

I met my wife thru a friend on icq going on 10 years ago while I was living in the states, came over to Oz 6 months later to meet her and her kids...been married for 8 now and one extra kid..;-)

A

Addoralive.com

Hi Spunky,
I met my partner on a dating site as we were both sick of the pups and clubs scene. We've been together for over 8months and it's the best relationship we've ever had.
I'd definitly recommend it!
Good luck

chris

sees the best in everyone
Foundation Member
i find its better to have your friends and your net friends because there's alot of people on the net whom are'nt who they say they are

S

Spunkymunky

I have met some nutbags
Especially in America in Feb/March when I went "on tour"

But...I'd still do ya :)

Awwww so sweet :)

I am on rsvp at the moment and that seems to be the more serious site.....so i will give it a go and let you know how i go!!

S

Spunkymunky

Ok new issue - lets say i am looking for a person to date not just fuck......should i be looking at people who i dont consider "hot" but who seem nice? So far i have had two opposing arguments about this.

1) Yes, look at everyone even the people who are overweight/not good looking/unfit etc because an emotional connection is more important

2) Emotional means bugger all if they dont turn you on so i have to find them attractive.

I am dithering between the two (i am avery good ditherer hehe)

H

Hot_Bi_BBW

Look for confidence babe.. The most important attribute as far as I'm concerned, cos it all falls into place after that. I think RSVP is a bit tame tho.. My bf's brother is single, 34, hot looking and a nice guy if u want his no hehehe... I think I mentioned him b4 to u. Also I've joined www.adultxdating.com.au cos u can message for free so maybe give that a go xx

S

Spunkymunky

I have tried a few adult sites and get quite a few hits on them (which is a nice confidence boost) but i am a bit over random sex. It hasn't worked well for me in the past - i would like to meet someone more permanent. But i SUCK at meeting men!!

R

rargid

Eventually you are going to bump uglies with them, so find someone who's not going to make you want to do that with the aid of a paper bag.

S

Spunkymunky

I can cut eye holes in the paper bag hehe......nah i found a guy who is quite cute and friendly. Might see where it goes with him :)

Tiggirl

Foundation Member
I think it's great, Spunky - if only because you're putting yourself out there and meeting new people.
And it's so strange how things work out...I met my other half on this site, and wasn't even looking at the time. We've been together for almost three years now.
And my bestie, who's been internet dating for awhile with no luck, is now happily partnered up with my boy's best friend.
Go figure =p

S

Spunkymunky

See thats what i need.....none of my friends have single boys hehe. I gots my eye on a country boy now :)

sioxie

Foundation Member
Spunky i have been doin the whole internet dating thing (RSVP, Lavalife etc) for abt 8 years now. The thing i have found is many of the guys on those sites who say they are looking for commitment and are monogomous,romantics and not interested in casual sex are also on sites such as RHP. There they are advertising that thy are only after one nite stands or multiple sex partner or NSA. So think they are playing the game.

Having said that although i havn't met the "luv of my life" or "soulmate" on these dating sites i have met some of my dearest and closest male friends.

SO i say go for it even if u don't meet "the One" you are bound to make sum gr8 friends out of the experience!!!!!

S

Spunkymunky

Thanks sioxie i have already found a few identical usernames on those sites. At least i changed mine hehe!! So far, so good.....been chatting to a few nice guys but am taking it niiiiiiiiice and sloooooooow which is something new for me!

L

Larry83

Lol hahah love the posts

I have tried it before - with not good results but mainly due to not getting many responses, maybe i come across the wrong way - (too nice i am told).

But saying that i have met 3 couples who met through online dating and 1 couple in particular are like "peas and carrots".
(Thanks Forest)

There wasnt any other way of describing it, they are so close and so alike.

Best of luck i say if you decide to try it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.