WA Past Brothels: Aphrodites

Lingus

Legend Member

I met Lynne in 1993, a year after I 1st met Mary-Anne.

At the time the Lovely Lynne was running the Adina's Brothel which was located at 220 Newcastle Street in Northbridge on the corner of what is now Weld Avenue. (which was a lane way and was where the entry was).

Adina's was originally owned by Bernadette Riding who passed away suddenly. Bernadette left the business to Lynne but ownership of the building was given to Bernadette's daughter Karen. Lynne paid a lease on the building as per Bernadette's instruction.

Lynne and Bernadette met through Dorrie Flatman who owned Aphrodites, Jade House (which were both started by the late Shirley Finn)and Feathers (which was a gay nightclub). Lynne worked for Dorrie as a "sitter" (receptionists were called sitters back then) and Bernadette was working the floor. Then when Bernadette started Adina's Lynne went to work for her as her Madame/Sitter. Lynne and Bernadette had developed a very close friendship.

The internet is often a surprising place to explore ...

Tania's mention of Aphrodite's has ended up revealing to me some pre-1990 images taken inside 395 William Street, Northbridge ... below is the clients' lounge area ... gotta love the goddess figurines, but that Vulcan wall-mounted oil heater is also a historical beauty :) ...

1.Aphrodites.a.jpg 1.Aphrodites.b.jpg

Last edited:
T

Tania Admin

The internet is often a surprising place to explore ...

Tania's mention of Aphrodite's has ended up revealing to me some pre-1990 images taken inside 395 William Street, Northbridge ... below is the clients' lounge area ... gotta love the goddess figurines, but that Vulcan wall-mounted oil heater is also a historical beauty :) ...

View attachment 96823 View attachment 96824
Wow! Awesome. Thank you for posting that. I will make this it's own thread.

T

Tania Admin

I do have more photos to attach to this thread with great thanks to a Forum member. I was going to post them over the weekend but got a little side tracked. I will get them up soon.

T

Tania Admin

Cigarettes and coffee provide relaxation in the staff room while the girls wait for the bell to ring.

Screenshot_20200518-090335_Chrome_1589758601482.jpg

Chelsea sprawls on the bed in one of the richly decorated rooms used for entertaining clients

Screenshot_20200518-091041_Chrome_1589758924516.jpg

One of several spa rooms available

Screenshot_20200518-091426_Chrome_1589759114678.jpg

photographer: Gypsy Pennefeather

T

Tania Admin

I remember as a youngster following up those stairs to the rooms above, what a mesmerising sight!!
I never got to see the inside as I never worked there.
I do have some more photos to post a bit later. I'm also scouring the net trying to find more pictures of the interior.

Eonian

Silver Member
Langtrees Kalgoorlie prices, i'm guessing from early 2000's? Would be a bargain today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-165632_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-165632_Photos.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 32