• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Using your phone number.

Aang

Silver Member
Back in the days I used to have a "burn phone" which I used to contact WL. But since I had a regular before I stopped using it and just used my personal phone. But now she is leaving the industry and I tried to get my burn phone again but the number is gone. Had a chat with Tesltra and apparently after 1 month not being used it will disconnect the number. Do you guys have a way around this?

peartywerty

Diamond Member
Had a chat with Tesltra and apparently after 1 month not being used it will disconnect the number. Do you guys have a way around this?
That doesn't sound right. Were you paying a monthly fee for your burner number? Or did you pre-pay for 1 year or was it a 'pay as you go' plan. Either way you shouldn't have to actively use the number in order for it to continue working.

If it's just a burner number and nobody knew about it, then why don't you sign up for another number? This time don't use Telstra.

Be Nice

Diamond Member
That doesn't sound right. Were you paying a monthly fee for your burner number? Or did you pre-pay for 1 year or was it a 'pay as you go' plan. Either way you shouldn't have to actively use the number in order for it to continue working.

If it's just a burner number and nobody knew about it, then why don't you sign up for another number? This time don't use Telstra.
Sounds to me like it’s been a prepaid plan that hasn’t been paid in a while. As you suggest, just get another number, easy.

Aang

Silver Member
It was 'pay as you go' I remember when I needed it I would charge it for 1 week and then it was good to go.

leonar

Gold Member
Just switch phone to private.
true, but i dont think WLs answer private numbers.

TPG offers a monthly $1 pay as you go plan. a little bit of included texts and data. not enough if you are using it a lot, and if you use up the included value it is actually quite costly (10c a text or something). happened to me last month and i have to top it up.

but good value for a back-up/burner number and the number does not expire.

Be Nice

Diamond Member
true, but i dont think WLs answer private numbers.

TPG offers a monthly $1 pay as you go plan. a little bit of included texts and data. not enough if you are using it a lot, and if you use up the included value it is actually quite costly (10c a text or something). happened to me last month and i have to top it up.

but good value for a back-up/burner number and the number does not expire.
No, most privates won’t answer silent number calling. AMP’s will though.