• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Took Mary-Anne out for a drive in Darwin

Langtrees VIP Darwin

(08) 8914 0058
Legend Member
Three hours later, i end up in Humpty do. Oh my gosh, we was so busy talking and laughing, i forgot to turn of.
I did say to Mary-anne, put your gps on, she said oh its ok just keep driving. But we went past the bush fires and learnt alot of why this happens. Had a good time. Just what we needed. :p

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Darwin. Good old Darwin. I lived there for 4 years in the 90s, even bought a house there and got a good price for it before the market went downwards; which was unusual for Darwin's property market. Loved the Dry Season. Wet season especially the buildup was very trying but... those mangos!!! Yum yum!

T

Tania Admin

Darwin. Good old Darwin. I lived there for 4 years in the 90s, even bought a house there and got a good price for it before the market went downwards; which was unusual for Darwin's property market. Loved the Dry Season. Wet season especially the buildup was very trying but... those mangos!!! Yum yum!

MmmmMmmMangoes yum :)

I love the Wet Season and the humidity. It's great for my skin. I never want to leave Darwin, I don't ever want to be really cold again. This morning's 20 degrees was cold enough for me lol

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
MmmmMmmMangoes yum :)

I love the Wet Season and the humidity. It's great for my skin. I never want to leave Darwin, I don't ever want to be really cold again. This morning's 20 degrees was cold enough for me lol

I knew I'd been in Darwin too long in the Dry one morning when it was cold (20 degrees!!) and I actually switched on the heater in the car!!! Mind you, the wind was chilly. I loved the Dry, hated the Wet.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Am absolutely stunned by the shootings in Darwin. In a large country town like that one, I know the shockwaves through the community's going to be huge.

I'll say that's one of the reasons I left, few people ever actually GO to Darwin. Most people get sent there whether it be on government service, postings or seeking work. It can be a very trying isolated place. I think the ratio of men to women is something like 11 to 1 especially since the Army boosted its troops up there. I met many men and women running away from other states due to domestic violence, drug use and the law in general.

During the Dry season, the population of Darwin virtually doubles due to the number of backpackers and tourists in the place. Few elderly people stay in Darwin when they become pensioners because they can't stand the humidity of the Wet Season.

I remember the first two years of my stay there I got fedup just saying goodbye to people all the time. I think I attended an average of 7 farewell parties a year. And that's one of the reasons many people are slow to make friends. It can be a socially trying place. I had a friend who ran a thriving IT business and he hired 4 good IT people from around Australia who came to live in Darwin and they all quit within one and a half years and gave virtually the same reasons - lack of female company, it was that hard to get a date. Great if you're a woman I guess.

Just saw the ABC News, what a terrible irony - the Chief Minister has made a statement and his surname is "Gunner".

Darwin certainly has a "use by" date and if you're there too long, your brain can go soft... especially in Katherine, you can go troppo quite easily. To the families of the 4 shot dead and the many injured, my thoughts are with you.