Test your little grey cells.....

Fudd

Foundation Member
Here are 5 riddles.....can you work out the answers to each riddle?

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?

5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

Good luck
Fudd :)

Fudd

Foundation Member
Well done LoneRoad on getting riddle #5 correct. That paragraph does not contain the most common letter used.........the letter "e". :)

Demon

Legend Member
1. Third room. Lions who haven't eaten for 3 years are dead.
2. Shot a photo with a retro camera, developed the film and hung the picture to dry.
3. Coal
4. Yesterday, today and tomorrow
5. It does not contain the letter 'e', which is the most used letter in the English language.

Fudd

Foundation Member
1. Third room. Lions who haven't eaten for 3 years are dead.
2. Shot a photo with a retro camera, developed the film and hung the picture to dry.
3. Coal
4. Yesterday, today and tomorrow
5. It does not contain the letter 'e', which is the most used letter in the English language.

.....and here is my 1002nd post in reply to your answers.........bugger! Had hoped it would have taken awhile....well done, sir, I doff my cap to you :)

Fudd

Demon

Legend Member
.....and here is my 1002nd post in reply to your answers.........bugger! Had hoped it would have taken awhile....well done, sir, I doff my cap to you :)

Fudd

My grey cells are that colour for the same reason as the coal. Used up with age.

:laughing4

R. 2 would be hard for the youngsters.

N

Naughty Thoughts

#2 I should have gotten, but it's been years since I went into a dark room. I think 1993 was the last time I smelt those chemicals.

#3 I would never have gotten.

Well done!

Happy2

Legend Member
0 from 0 And the Government say its alright to have 2 standard drinks a day
I only have two standard drinks A pretty standard bottle of Cab Sav And a standard bottle of pinot Even a base standard bottle of grange if your buying

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I am impressed Demon........honestly.....or did you read the same riddle magazine like Fudd? :)

R.xxxxxxxxxxx

S

sexnut

More riddles!!!!

What is black and white and read all over?

Easy one

More riddles!!

N

Naughty Thoughts

It's a quote from a book, when two characters were having a riddle guessing game.

Demon

Legend Member
It's a quote from a book, when two characters were having a riddle guessing game.

The idea is that you can ask a certain number of questions which are answered with only "Yes" or "No", until you make a guess. Commonly the maximum number of questions is 7 or less.

Q 1. Is it metallic?

N

Naughty Thoughts

:D Well done happy2!

(For those who haven't read The Hobbit, here is a small extract of the riddles in the dark.)

Edit: Typing the above while Demon made a post. Next riddle.

Last edited by a moderator: