• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

michael5139

Foundation Member
Hi all,

what is the level of STDs in the sex worker community, and how does this compare with the community at large? Anyone got any concrete figures, or a gut feel? Any working girls out there prepared to admit they've had one before?

One of a few problems I have with enjoying the pleasures of a working girls company is the fear that I may leave with something I didnt arrive with, if you know what I mean...

Let me elaborate. Some time ago (~10years) I visited an establishment for some relief. It was great. After I got over the guilt of having cheated on my wife, I thought I had got away with it. ~2 years later my wife goes for a pap-smear. The doctor gives the result over the phone, "no precancerous cells, but positive for HPV". My wife is upset and confused. We were married as virgins (true!), so his off the cuff explanation of previous encounters doesn't work at all. So I come clean and admit my slipup. My wife and I work through a tough time togther and survive......but we still have vastly different sex drives....I ask for things she just is not comfortable supplying which causes some frustration at times, for both of us.

I have since found that she does not have HPV, and neither do I, and that it was merely possible HPV. If I still had my gun there'd be one less doctor around :-(

But my point is, you can't see HPV. And wearing a condom wont protect me. I'm sure there are other symptomless diseases around that I don't know about (chlymidia spring to mind...)

So how safe would I be if I was to slip and fall again? because the ground is getting mighty slippery.....

Michael

<edit> Sorry for the negative type first post.....I realise posts of this sort are probably not good for business, but who can I ask? If you could be honest with me that would be great.....thanks

O

Oscar

:angel12: I tink it's a question in many peoples minds! I've been around for a while, travelled extensively and met working people from all over the world. Let me say that in the majority of cases, as long as you are careful in where you choose to play.That is: a reputable establishment( and you find that out by homework,lol!)you are probably safer than trying to make it with your neighbour or a pick up down the pub!
I would like to say ALL,but that would be silly,lets say the majority of working people are more fastidious about THEIR health than you are!Think about it? If they get "sick" they cant work!or support their families(which a lot do!)
So, before you "slip"off the slide and hurt something,lol! Do your homework!!

I

Ishca

Ladies Working In The Sex Industry Are Required By Law To Have Regular Blood Tests For Std's.if They Work In An Establishment, Management Moniter This, And Will Take Ladies Off Shift If They Havn't Done It.when Ladies Are Working Privately The Responsibilty Is Left Upto Themseves.most Ladies Will Not Put Themselves Or Their Health At Risk, For A Few Extra $$$, Not When A Week Off Work Will Potentially Cost Them Thousands Of $$$ In Lost Wages.

N

naughtybuttnice

The risk one takes?

As Ishca said, it is a requirement for the Working Lady to be tested for the safety of there client (and also for themselves). Butt hey let's not forget about the working ladie's safety/risk.(Is the client tested?)

Last edited by a moderator:

michael5139

Foundation Member
Thanks for the quick replies , I suspected these would be the answers I would get.

The problem is there is no blood test for some STDs, even chlymidia (damn I can never spell that...)is a urine test, though I suspect the 'girls' get tested for everything that is testable, but there is no test for things like HPV, it can be virtually undetectable as the warts can be microscopic. And once you have it you have it, end of story.

Lets assume some figures....I may be WAY off here as I have no idea of the real numbers, if you think I'm wrong let me know...

Girl sees 3 clients a shift, 4 shifts a week, 3 weeks a month = 36 clients/ month. If 5% of the general community has HPV (made this figure up..) and you get infected in 5% of contacts with the disease (made this up too), you will be infected by the time you see the 400th client assuming all clients are separate individuals. At 36 clients/month this means just under a year........

Fortunately I've been discussing things with my wife (thanks Miranda :hello: ) and I think the ground ahead may be less trecherous as a result ::)

michael

O

Oscar

:walk: Looks like you and Mrs. Palmer are going to become REALLY GOOD friends then?!!:evil5: Seems you want a castiron guarentee? Will never happen, lol!Have fun :hello:

N

NaughtyBetty

If you 'slip & fall off' again as you put it I would think STD's could be the least of your worries...your wife may not be nearly as understanding next time and you might lose the lot LOL

BarbieAmore

Member Forever
Foundation Member
michael5139 said:
Thanks for the quick replies , I suspected these would be the answers I would get.

The problem is there is no blood test for some STDs, even chlymidia (damn I can never spell that...)is a urine test, though I suspect the 'girls' get tested for everything that is testable, but there is no test for things like HPV, it can be virtually undetectable as the warts can be microscopic. And once you have it you have it, end of story.

Lets assume some figures....I may be WAY off here as I have no idea of the real numbers, if you think I'm wrong let me know...

Girl sees 3 clients a shift, 4 shifts a week, 3 weeks a month = 36 clients/ month. If 5% of the general community has HPV (made this figure up..) and you get infected in 5% of contacts with the disease (made this up too), you will be infected by the time you see the 400th client assuming all clients are separate individuals. At 36 clients/month this means just under a year........

Fortunately I've been discussing things with my wife (thanks Miranda :hello: ) and I think the ground ahead may be less trecherous as a result ::)

michael

Hey Micheal
Welcome to The Forum by the way
You mention HPV, by this I am assuming you are talking of genital warts not HSV (herpes).
HPV is actually a virus present in the majority of the population of the western world babe
HPV is only contagious through contact, during incubation.
HPV lies dormant in the system most of the time but can flare up during times of stress or illness.
As for knowing if you partner or potential partners have it Well if they live in the western world hon then you pretty much count on them having it.
That is why visual checking any client or partner is terribly important. Its great that some people are shy or think it romantic to turn the lights right down for that first time together but really you need those lights up to have a proper look.
Of course be suptle, a spotlight and magnifying glass is really going to ruin the mood. Try kissing your way across the hip so that your face is level with the crutch and gentle move genitals as you descreetly check for unusual bumps, lumps and secretions.
Always remember babe if your not sure about the look of something dont go there and most importantly always use that condom.

melissa@talkinsex

Foundation Member
Perth Medical Centre Info Update

Safer sex Please

Went for my 2mthly checkup and chatting with the Lady who does all the swabs and tests and there has been a %300 increase in chlamydia and gonorrhea infection rates in Perth. This is for the over all population. She said too many people are not using condoms and that one woman has been in repeatably with infections and has also been overseas and not using protection.

There has been an increase in older woman with infections, maybe because woman who have become unhappy with their current sexual relationship or have recently divorced are exploring other possibilities but they are not used to safe sex practices

Come on guys and girls if you have sex use a condom, it's not difficult and can make sex a lot cleaner and guys can last longer.

And if you or your partner has a cold sore on their lips, just make sure you don't get carried away and let the infected party perform oral sex on you. The cold sore will be gone in a couple of weeks and then you can get back to receiving oral gratification.

:alien:

sioxie

Foundation Member
Hi Mel,

I work in the sexual health field and there also has been a warning out from the WA health dept about the increasing rise in Syphilis as well!!! Scary thought!!!

svengali

Foundation Member
[QUOTE=sioxie;51694]Hi Mel,

I work in the sexual health field and there also has been a warning out from the WA health dept about the increasing rise in Syphilis as well!!! Scary thought!!![/QUOTE]

I have heard of that too.

It seems as if everyone knows about H.I.V. and forgets that the old-fashioned nasties like Chlamydia, syphillis and gonowhatsitsname haven't gone away. Keep the raincoat on, guys!

B

Bennyready

A 2 monthly checkup is pretty few and far between I think. You must see a hundred clients in that time!