• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Sleep Disorders any suggestions would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huma

Sleep disorders dos any one know any good ideas to get good quality sleep I’m a shift worker on a 15 days or nights on 6 off on a 12 to 25 hour shift no matter what I do I still can’t get enough sleep and rest
I’ve tried sleeping more than 10 hours during the 6 day’s of R & R & taking sleeping tablets to get more sleep that didn’t work because I ended up taking 2 every 2 hours that wasn’t healthy and making me sick and suggestions please

V

Vyxxxn

I understand your problem deeply I am now just coming out of a long time suffering from a sleep disorder, 4years actually, got to the stage and still is where I do not even sleep in my bed, I would be so damn buggered then soon as my head hit the pillow I would be wide awake, so I have migr8ed to the lounge & been there 4 over 6 mths now, lately altern8ing with the bed....

I too tried the sleepers, pretty much with the same result as yourself, I'd end up taking more than I should & still no sleep & feeling worse 4 it the next day (which to me was the same day as yesterday seeing as I had been awake all of it...lol ;)

I found that also being on the PC kept me awake and when I did wake during the night I would feel it's "pull" lol & then consequently be here till the sun rose again & beyond :( I have now just started to sleep in blocks of near 4hrs @ a time (woohoo) though always wake within the 1st 2hrs of sleep w/o a doubt....

I have had to "train" myself it seems to just relax my mind, also I have found a natural alternative called Valerian, I started taking just b4 Xmas & now unless it has been very stressful 4 me have no need to use, maybe this could be an option 4 yourself, I also put lavender oil on my pillows, but not sure if a bloke would wanna do that ;) Also try to make a ritual of going to bed, quiet time, no stimul8's etc...

I have included some info re it anyways below, it can be found at your local chemist in tablet form and speak to him also re your problem, mine is more than helpful. Good luck with all this Huma as I know how it can affect someone in their daily life, it sux it right outta ya....

Valerian is one of the best gentle and harmless herbal sleeping remedies, it enhances the natural body process of slipping into sleep and making the stresses of the day recede. Particularly for people who do not need as much sleep as they once did, it also eases lying awake in bed, ensuring that it becomes a restful and relaxing experience.

The research into valerian is confirming the traditional experience of the herbalist. It has been shown that Valerian improves general sleep quality. Dream recall is relatively unaffected by Valerian. It also promotes an easily and quicker descent into sleep. Taking the herbs well before retiring, can reduce the noise induced disturbance of a number of sleep stage patterns.

Much research has centered on its effects upon smooth muscle, demonstrating that it is a powerful and safe muscle relaxant. It can be safely used in muscle cramping, uterine cramps and intestinal colic. Valerian’s volatile oils do not simply have sedative properties but also a predominantly regulative effect on the autonomic system. More info @ Pagewise

Good luck with all this Huma, I would be interested in knowing how u do go should u decide on this method, I feel for you very much as it seriously sneaks into ones day 2 day life and I h8 to think of others suffering as I have done. :sleepy2:

H

huma

Thank you Vyxxxn for your advice I’ll give it a go even using the lavender I haven’t slept for 2 years it’s come to a point where I’ll try any think I’ll let you know how I went thanks Patrick

V

Vyxxxn

I honestly hope it works for you, been 4years myself & can almost send one crazy sometimes (would be easier;)) & as you can see I still "suffer" from it on & off *she says as she wanders off to bed @ 6am argh*

T

tonetickler

Just A little input!

As someome who also suffers insomnia I found that lots of phyiscal exercise helped tremendously. I share Vyxxxn addiction of PC's at home and I work all day in front of computers and I think the lack of phyiscal movement contributes to my sleeping problems. Although I will say don't do lots of exercise JUST before going to bed it has the reverse affect (well that what I found). It works well for me so It's just my suggestion.

D

Dark Love

BRILLIANT Blue eyes go to sleep!

Oh Vyx, your one dreamy blue pool! And her fans cheer!!!!
Vyxxxn
clap,clap,clap
Vyxxxn
clap,clap,clap
Vyxxxn
clap,clap,clap
Vyxxxn
clap,clap,clap
Vyxxxn
clap,clap,clap
Vyxxxn
clap,clap,clap
4 she is a dreamy blue pool of information which people bronze near.
As you lean into kiss her you will see this pool sparkle in her eyes.
The sun, spot lights it when she dances.
Its shimmer is so fine that it is picked up and carried off in the breeze.
The water appears calm, but it has a strong undertow. Although in my
spirit I know she is just floating by.

Will you be lucky enough to get a kiss?

Dark Love

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vyxxxn

Darklove....words escape me...I will see you this morning to express my thoughts to you on this. *HearT*

gustav20klimt20the20kiss201907.jpg

No one knows to which depths you go

But I can see, it's a feeling

Doesn't show....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.