• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Slappas the BEST THING in Darwin

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
I discovered Slappas 18 months ago when I first moved to Darwin, they are simply amazing.
Designed by a Darwin Lady. They have arch support so they are truly comfortable to wear, plus they take pressure of your back as they tilt your body in a perfect position.

https://www.slappasthongs.com.au/

definitely the challenge I needed.

I took up the challenge to produce and design my own line of thongs, also known as flip flops, jandals (New Zealand), chappals (India), zori (Japan), slippers or sandals (China). I wanted to create a thong that had good arch support but was delightfully comfortable and still affordable. The final result is the Slappa’s Thongs as they are today. Made of EVA foam, Slappa’s are incredibly comfortable, lightweight, able to be worn in and out of the water and, most importantly, provide the arch support so many other thongs lack.

Since commencement in 2010 Slappa’s Thongs has grown beyond all my expectations. We now offer wholesaling, have expanded into outlets around Australia, and offer e-commerce through our website so Slappa’s Thongs can be purchased with ease anywhere in the world.

Slappa’s Thongs is a proud supporter of the Cystic Fibrosis SA foundation.

550mm_x_250mm_pos_sign_yellow (2).jpg

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Some reviews on Slappas:
Sole Therapy has been working closely with Denise and Slappas Thongs for several years now. Sole Therapy is a podiatry-based business that specializes in podiatry, biomechanics, orthoses and footwear since 2008. We pride ourselves in finding and sourcing good value and quality products that we can sell to our clients here at the practice. Slappas Thongs have been a great produce for us to stock. Our practice model is based around helping individuals love their body from the sole up. Most of our clients seek our services because they have foot, leg, knee and back discomfort. Slappas mould to your feet with great arch support and highly recommend them to anyone. In particular those who are experiencing heel pain and those that wear orthoses and looking for a summer alternative.

Nicole Reilly | Director & Accredited Podiatrist, Sole Therapy (NSW)
I just have to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I’ve just received my (first) pair of Slappas and they’re already on my feet. Already, my flat footsies are feeling grateful for thongs with arch support again.

But I just couldn’t believe how quickly they arrived! Being in remote WA, I wasn’t expecting them until next week, but they’ve arrived in time to save me from aching feet when I go camping this weekend. 3 working days is world record time here.

I’ve got to tell you, I was a massive fan of the Ipanema anatomic thongs (mine recently finally died), but your Slappas leave them for dead for comfort. The fact that they are also made out of recycled materials, you obviously have a social conscience AND you’re an Australian company – tick in every box for me. Great work. This will not be my last pair.

Kath Esperence | Customer (SA)
I just wanted you to know that I am absolutely delighted with my new thongs. Very comfortable and they don’t look like granny shoes as does most of the orthotics.

Pat | Customer (WA)
We were skeptical at first how Slappa’s would go. Now after 2.5 years of constantly wearing them, and walking miles both here and overseas in them, we know these are BRILLIANT. Took all this time to get a bit thin, but they are still perfect for home use. Just bought new ones as we will always take these with us when going overseas, and expect many more miles of use. Comfort with support is perfect, and so lightweight. Closest you can get to nothing on your feet. And a great company to deal with as well, you cannot go wrong. Cannot recommend highly enough. Thanks so much Slappa’s

Glynis | Customer (NT)
I thought I would send you a quick report on my new Slappas Thongs They are really good! Much more comfortable than ordinary thongs. The arch support is just about right for my foot and they fit perfectly After I have them on for a while my foot really molds into them and a perfect solution for my Plantar Fasciitis as can wear them with my foot unstrapped (blessed relief). They are easy to slip on around the house and I also wear them out to informal places as they look nice on too. I have recommended them to my friend who also has Plantar Fasciitis. I will come and buy some more colours later.

Rebecca | Customer (NT)
Hi Denise, Thank you very much for the thongs! To Give you little idea of how much I think of your product… Today, they are not only allowing idiots to survive, they are actually creating rules (OH&S) to allow then to thrive. This vexes me highly!

I first came across your product in Darwin at the Mindil Markets. I can’t remember the actual price at the time, but I do remember thinking it was unrealistic – way too expensive! You could go to K Mart and get a set of thongs for $5.00, what were Slappa’s thinking?

As my darling and I wander around the markets, I started to reconsider. The product must be better than the original Japanese Safety Boot. It has arch support, the straps can’t pull out, it is just a matter of how well they last?

I bought a pair; I have not been more impressed with a single product for a long time. It has the extra support and it works, they are much more comfortable than a simple safety boot. The colour combination was/is good. They have lasted – (better than I would ever have believed) – I live in Alice Springs and 2 years later they are thin as, but still working. For anything to survive 2 years in Alice Springs is a statement in itself. I wear them everywhere and I mean everywhere! For anyone who is into Japanese safety boots (and even if you are not) Slappa’s are hard to beat!

Wonderful product.

Jayne Darwin

Silver Member
View attachment 55951

I can not thank Mary-Ann enough for suggesting I try out a pair of Slappa's on my first day of work at the Chill Out Lounge Darwin. I have now joined the Hot, New, Slappa's CRAZE and I 100% back this product. So much so that I've said goodbye to my beloved Havanas and HELLOOOOO to my new Slappa's!

Ladies....your feet - (particularly foot arch and heal), your back, basically your overall posture will THANK YOU for getting these bad boys on.

***HOT TIP FOR FIRST TIME SLAPPA'S***

My first Slappa's purchase was a funky hot pink pair. Yesterday, I welcomed my second pair to my shoe family by purchasing a pair in sexy white. Now being the proud owner of two, I noticed a slight difference in material hardness depending on the colour you choose. I recommend that if you can try different colours on rather than just reliant on shoe size it will help you decide which ones to purchase :mad:

Jayne pink slappas.jpg

Be foot SAVVY ladies and put your best foot forward in a pair of Slappa's.

Jayne x

Jayne white slappas.jpg