• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

(Sex)abled: Disability Uncensored

A

AndyRew

Disability and sexuality, by Claire Ryan

How come the sexuality of Disabled people is such a contentious issue? How come systems and people can plan to support Disabled people's basic needs for food and roof but have more difficulty supporting their need for love and closeness to other human beings? Claire debunks myths in this domain and leads us through some sound reasoning and bold vision.

A

AndyRew

Sexuality & disability -- a seat at the table: Cheryl Cohen Greene at TEDxFiDiWomen

Cheryl Cohen Greene has been in private clinical practice as a Surrogate Partner and Consultant in Human Sexuality in Berkeley, CA since 1973. She was trained in the Masters and Johnson modality. She was on the training staff of San Francisco Sex Information for 19 years. She is a Certified Clinical Sexologist / Sex Educator and in 2004 she earned her DHS (Doctor of Human Sexuality) from the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. Currently Cohen Greene serves as the Vice President of IPSA (the International Professional Surrogates Association). She is a frequent media guest, who has been interviewed on Larry King Live, the National Geographic Channel, the WE Channel, Joy Behar's Show, Say Anything, and CNN among others.

Her work with poet and journalist Mark O'Brien was adapted into a major motion picture titled THE SESSIONS starring Helen Hunt as Cheryl Cohen Greene.

Cohen Greene's memoir AN INTIMATE LIFE, Sex, Love, and My Journey As A Surrogate Partner, was released in January 2013.

A

AndyRew

(Sex)abled: Disability Uncensored

(SEX)ABLED: DISABILITY UNCENSORED - celebrates people with disabilities as sexual beings. This 15-minutedocumentary increases visibility for an often ignored population by addressing stereotypes that hinder sexual growth. Viewers are introduced to a community of sexually active disabled people. Community members expose the truth by pulling back the curtain to their sexual lives.

Smoggy

Foundation Member
There are a small group of individuals who I have the utmost respect for but seem to get little in the way of acknowledgement from society. These are the small group of sex workers who cater to the needs of the disabled. Just because you are disabled doesn't mean that you don't have sexual desires. However, the chances of getting sexual fulfilment are significantly lower than those of us without a disability. For a sex worker its not easy work and I can imagine it would be quiet distressing at times. This work isn't for everybody but for those who do it I say that you deserve recognition of the highest order.

bushseeker

Foundation Member
I have heard their are a small number of sex workers who openly enjoy working with the disabled .
basically they feel like they are really performing a much needed and necessary function in society providing opposite sex intimacy to those that genuinely would be unable to achieve it otherwise.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
It is true bushseeker, I always remember the 28yo that mum sent in with the next door neighbor, he paid for 1/2 hour and at least 5 girls joined in to help him enjoy a spa before his 1/2 hour with one lady.We all chipped in and he took up 2-3 hours of our time and no one batted an eyelid. Mum wanted her son to have the cuddles of a lady before his time on this earth was up.

Last edited:

bushseeker

Foundation Member
I would imagine sex with the disabled would often not be what we would consider sex and it would take skill to provide maximum benifit to the client within thier abilities

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Yes and no, wheelchair clients often cannot get an erection, and become very skillful oral lovers, they still have the needs of feeling another human being. We used to have a regular quadriplegic, who would get his elderly mum to call us.He couldn't move a muscle for the neck down and would want a cuddle for the hour. Mum said it made so difference to his following week if he had his loving cuddle.The ladies would stroke and play with him whilst whispering naughty suggestions in his ear, he got some kind of relief from the attention.

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
I have known several Men in wheelchairs and they are still vital sensual men that cant get an erection!
This happens to men all the time but is usually temporary, for these guys it can be devastating especially if they become paraplegics or quadriplegics later in life. There are injections they can have that can give them an erection but is often an uncomfortable and tedious process and as Mary-Anne says a lot of these guys become Amazing at Oral Sex!
You will find that a lot of these guys can become amazing clients and they are like all of us who like to hugged loved and appreciated.
I know a Mum who hired a girl for her sons 21st so he could experience being with a women who would make him feel complete as he has Cerebral Palsy, years later he still talks about his amazing experience and still is a regular client.

Lacie4U

Diamond Member

Sexuality & disability -- a seat at the table: Cheryl Cohen Greene at TEDxFiDiWomen

Cheryl Cohen Greene has been in private clinical practice as a Surrogate Partner and Consultant in Human Sexuality in Berkeley, CA since 1973. She was trained in the Masters and Johnson modality. She was on the training staff of San Francisco Sex Information for 19 years. She is a Certified Clinical Sexologist / Sex Educator and in 2004 she earned her DHS (Doctor of Human Sexuality) from the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. Currently Cohen Greene serves as the Vice President of IPSA (the International Professional Surrogates Association). She is a frequent media guest, who has been interviewed on Larry King Live, the National Geographic Channel, the WE Channel, Joy Behar's Show, Say Anything, and CNN among others.

Her work with poet and journalist Mark O'Brien was adapted into a major motion picture titled THE SESSIONS starring Helen Hunt as Cheryl Cohen Greene.

Cohen Greene's memoir AN INTIMATE LIFE, Sex, Love, and My Journey As A Surrogate Partner, was released in January 2013.

This is a very wonderful woman ...I have admired her for many years thank you Andy x

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
I really don't like the word Disabled I think "A person with special needs" sound so much better because the people I know are very able!