• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Settling for second best

Happy2

Legend Member
If we change the math slightly: start with the population of Australia, remove 90% non-smart people, remove 50% non-preferred gender people, remove 5% not-interested-in-my-gender people, assume 2.5% are without baggage, angry ex's, incompatible religion or whatever - then that leaves us with 26,861 people who might be considered a "perfect" partner.
[22,620,600 x .1 = 2,262,060; 2,262,060 / 2 = 1,131,030; 1,131,030 - (1,131,030 x 0.05) = 1,074,479; 1,074,479 x 0.025 = 26,861]

I like those odds. And you can use "Baby, you're one in twenty six thousand" instead of "Baby, you're one in a million" as a pick-up line. And if they don't believe you, you can show them the math. :D

There a geeks in In University maths campuses all over the world Pissing them selves with that joke Naughty Thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Naughty Thoughts

Perth Population (Official estimate, as of June 2011): 1,738,807
Female Population (Assume 50%): 869,403
Females over 18 and under 50 (Australian age distribution, approx 30% outside range): 608,582
Females interested in males (Assuming 10% not, which is in the estimated upper range): 547,723
Females without baggage* (Assuming Contrarian's 2.5% figure): 13,693
* Here "baggage" covers everything including emotional baggage, sociopathic tendencies, drug abusers, sti's, etc, etc, etc
Remove a further 50% for those that are outside physical preferences (too heavy, too skinny, too tall, too short, wrong hair colour, etc): 6,846
Remove a further 95% for those that one does not interact with (live too far away, different schedules, stay at home, etc): 342

That means that for the average person in Perth, there are still over three hundred "perfect" people. In theory at least.

I like Contrarian's formula better - I totally think that Smiley is 1 in 322 million! :love3:

P

Perthm30

I WILL TRY AND GET A CHICK THAT TICKS 20/20.But if i still havn't found her by 45 i will settle for 15/20.Or just keep seeing working lady i am so grateful for them

T

Tania Admin

I like Contrarian's formula better - I totally think that Smiley is 1 in 322 million! :love3:

Yep, that's me, 1 in 322 million, lol, some would be grateful for that! The odds of you and I meeting and falling in love like we have are probably an amount much more phenomenal than that. It was fate :love1:

G

Gentleman

Perth Population (Official estimate, as of June 2011): 1,738,807
Female Population (Assume 50%): 869,403
Females over 18 and under 50 (Australian age distribution, approx 30% outside range): 608,582
Females interested in males (Assuming 10% not, which is in the estimated upper range): 547,723
Females without baggage* (Assuming Contrarian's 2.5% figure): 13,693
* Here "baggage" covers everything including emotional baggage, sociopathic tendencies, drug abusers, sti's, etc, etc, etc
Remove a further 50% for those that are outside physical preferences (too heavy, too skinny, too tall, too short, wrong hair colour, etc): 6,846
Remove a further 95% for those that one does not interact with (live too far away, different schedules, stay at home, etc): 342

That means that for the average person in Perth, there are still over three hundred "perfect" people. In theory at least.

Naughty Thoughts can you use your formula to work out what suburb these people might live in? It would be good if you could narrow it down a little bit for me. LOL

Happy2

Legend Member
It is a great formula for our Kiwi friends when you consider how many single sheep there are. in this state alone, divided by the number of our Kiwi neighbours

C

colzilla

I'm perfect for me and my one and only true love is myself.
If I could have had my time over again. I'd still pay for it except more often and with more girls.