• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Safety everyone should read three times

Ginkled

Silver Member
If u r carrying pepper spray you response should be, I have been attacked by dogs before and I keep it just to ward them off.
Most states of Australia classify it illegal. Fyi bringing from WA into SA will find u in court.
So be careful

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
This is a very important thread and we should definitely keep this going as the information could actually save your life.
Unfortunately these days we have to be constantly vigilant as there is so much violence.
Another one that I read was beware of people in car parks offering you to smell perfume samples as it can render you unconscious!
Stay alert!

Nymph

Gold Member
How about instead of "Don't do something the natural and comfortable way because rapists may get you" we teach "Don't be a f**king rapist"

I agree. Prevalence for rape prevention is relevant. However, there is a whole system of jail time society to consider, as well as the male population of rapists who are more than likely influenced by a misogynist view. The change of paradigm must infiltrate media and society alike. I hope too that the political sphere takes on this project also :)

Last edited:

ProfD

Gold Member
Being a martial artist for 9.5 yrs i ran classes thru my dojo in the prevention of being attacked these were very well attended.. One more tip i might like to add is & something we used to teach is if being attacked where someone is likely to be in earshot yell FIRE FIRE FIRE as people now days seem to respond more quickly if their own well being is in danger than coming to the aid of someone else in need

Great idea Sensei, another I learned as a practice partner in woman's self defence classes in Melbourne was if someone pulls a knife call out the behaviour "Look- He's got a knife!" Draw attention to it even if no one is in earshot. It made me feel like hiding it and running away.

If possible in a home invasion or needing help, break glass - it draws attention.

MrJwhite

Gold Member
Very sad that we as people have to defend ourselves from fellow humans.
Our training is drilled into us to suspect everyone as a possible threat,
Men, Women, children.
An incident that occurred on foreign soil involved a dog wearing a explosive "vest" and was released near a FOB.
Thankfully it failed.
But the threat was real.

Hopefully we do not surrender our freedoms for security.
And do not fall into the trap of seeing everything as a threat.
Train yourself to observe, prepare, evade and lastly react.

Jake "monas"

Silver Member
Very good thread extremely handy to know and helpfull, to bad that this is what the work is coming to though the fact that people actually do have to know this sort of stuff.

Another possible preventative could be don't advertise yourself if your alone, so don't go walking around wearing really expensive items in plane view, at night in cities like Perth etc try to stick with friends when your out.

Harlee Dare

Gold Member
I had a client tell me to lock my doors anytime I was outside my home incase someone enter and hide Inside while I was putting clothes on the line or getting the groceries from the car.
Unfortunately you can never be to careful

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
I had a client tell me to lock my doors anytime I was outside my home incase someone enter and hide Inside while I was putting clothes on the line or getting the groceries from the car.
Unfortunately you can never be to careful
hi HD you do need to take notice on what is happening around you all the time but if you become a security nut then you would never leave the home in fear of being attacked .

this is how TERRORISM operates.

enjoy :)

Topsy

Bronze Member
Holy crap! That was nothing short of terrifying! There are some truly frightening people hiding in plain sight in society... looking like normal people but thinking and behaving nothing like the rest of us!

Topsy

Bronze Member
On a related note, there is a police advertising campaign in Darwin at the moment telling people to hide their car keys in their home, and not leave them where an intruder can easily find them. I think its terrible advice!

If an intruder has managed to get past my locked gates, dogs and locked doors and is in my house, the best case scenario from there is he grabs the car keys from next to the front door and gets the hell out of my house! No way I want him looking around for them and coming into my room or my child's room...

Having your car stolen can be annoying, expensive and time consuming, but the possible consequences of an intruder in my child's room don't bear thinking about!

Damonii

Silver Member
Do not run in zig zag patterns from a gunman. You will turn slowly and it is easier for him to adjust his aim then you to adjust your whole bodies momentum. You are better off running as fast as you can away from them.

A poorly maintained firearm in the hands of an untrained person (most criminal situations) has a significantly higher chance of not hitting you if you are 20 meters away instead of 2. Infact crime statistics from the US have shown criminal gunmen are only 20% accurate at 20 feet.

20 feet is six meters! Statistic from the gun crime capital of the world say if you are atleast 6 meters from a criminal with a gun you have an 80% survival chance. At 20 meters, most criminals cant hit shit.

You might not be able to outrun a bullet, but you can outrun their accuracy.

Happy2

Legend Member
Rather self explanatory...... View attachment 50462
A fart after a bloody good Vindaloo has a similar success rate Phoebe
kjkjlnkm-1.jpg

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I see your fake explosion and raise you the real deal, try eat your vindaloo when you are being clustered fucked... ....

hqdefault.jpg

DDee

Playful Filipina
Bronze Member
Oh I hope those things don't happen very much here in Australia... In my country in the Philippines there are many places not safe and many bad stories but I hope it is better here.. :(

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
On a related note, there is a police advertising campaign in Darwin at the moment telling people to hide their car keys in their home, and not leave them where an intruder can easily find them. I think its terrible advice!

If an intruder has managed to get past my locked gates, dogs and locked doors and is in my house, the best case scenario from there is he grabs the car keys from next to the front door and gets the hell out of my house! No way I want him looking around for them and coming into my room or my child's room...

Having your car stolen can be annoying, expensive and time consuming, but the possible consequences of an intruder in my child's room don't bear thinking about!
I totally agree with you as its easy to replace a car my keys are in plain view right next to the front door and burglars are welcome to them!

Sharaz

WL Historian
Gold Member
Oh I hope those things don't happen very much here in Australia... In my country in the Philippines there are many places not safe and many bad stories but I hope it is better here.. :(
Sadly they do and it doesn't matter what country you are in today you need to be vigilant.

Ed Mos

Bronze Member
informative and a good read but in times of panic, will one remember what to do?
these sorts of crimes exist in every corner of the world, just have to be vigilant at all times

Nymph

Gold Member
informative and a good read but in times of panic, will one remember what to do?
these sorts of crimes exist in every corner of the world, just have to be vigilant at all times

Practicing self defense and mindfulness/meditation on a regular basis could help reaction time in cases like these. It might also help to stay calm in any stressful times. :)

I think for some people who allow themselves to get into bad situations though, they ignore their gut feeling or instinct. It is so important to listen to your intuition about people or situations.

Bianca Star

Bronze Member
It is such a shame that people have to worry about things like this. The world has changed and not always for the better. That being said this is an informative post and will help the many that read it.
I couldn't agree anymore with this. Everybody should take this on board and read every week I reckon to remind us of the reality we really live in.