1. My last notice about soft dicks has worked well so will try another...the forum traffic and posts and interaction is picking up and we want more interaction from everyone. I understand some can't learn to post , either too shy or too lazy but you can learn to use the emoji's which are on the bottom right of every post. Use the like or dislike button...let strangers know you have passed their way and appreciate they have made the effort with the post. USE THE EMOJI'S and this way you are joining in...it does make a difference.
    Dismiss Notice

Safety everyone should read three times

Discussion in 'Chit Chat,Gossip & Humor Forum' started by Mary-Anne K, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Jaylily

Jaylily Legend Member

We pay for those hair-dryers though :D

2. sunyun

sunyun Legend Member

Are you saying that ole Ned did not pay or his tin helmet ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thatguy

Thatguy Guest

Lol.. if thats how you remember and liked it... dude.. your old! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul L

Paul L Silver Member

It is such a shame that people have to worry about things like this. The world has changed and not always for the better. That being said this is an informative post and will help the many that read it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. sunyun

sunyun Legend Member

Probably about 125 yrs old !

6. ozwarlock67

ozwarlock67 Gold Member

Actually he didn't. He and the boys stole some ploughshares and fashioned them into helmets and body armour.
    There's yoour history lesson for today kids.

7. CaitlynCabret

CaitlynCabret Bronze Member

Fantastic post!

The one time you overlook your safety could be the most dangerous. xo

• Like Like x 2
  8. Halcyon

Halcyon Silver Member

Can we have a list that tells guys not to be DANGEROUS in the first place? (like the one that went around on FB)

For women to feel SAFE it ought to begin with THE FELLAS

• Like Like x 1
  9. Max Cherry

Max Cherry At your service Silver Member

I bought my girlfriend pepper-spray, the friendly clerk at the gun shop advised us that if given the chance, a spray in the face and a spray up each nostril will incapacitate them. That could possibly stop them breathing if you ask me, but that's the advice given!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Damonii

Damonii Silver Member

Just FYI each of these specific scams and the ones floating around facebook are either a) hoaxes or b) a specific modus operandi for a specific criminal.

Rather then not checking any baby cries or not checking any taps you should understand the moral. Predators want you unprepared and weak, so make sure your always vigilant.

A knife is also not a primary defense weapon. If your close enough to use it Shits already to dangerous (it is a useful tool for many situations though). Also many predators and criminals cannot be deterred by cheap over the counter pepper spray as it only takes 5-6 times of being sprayed before permanent damage occurs, which actually makes it have very little effect.

Finally the one weapon you always have is your mind. Train you mind not your body, learn to problem solve, survival courses and pressure points / see defense.

First aid, orienteering, safe food preparation can all save your life just as much as self defense. Always be learning.

Also it's fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Addison

Addison Silver Member

Good advice hopefully no ladies will need to use this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tania

Tania Staff Member Moderator

Years ago I got into my car after work one night. Reached into the backseat for my jacket and there was a man asleep in the back. I screamed and ran into work. We called the cops. By the time we went back out armed he was gone. There was 6 of us.
    I've always been double careful and always check the car before I get in it. Still to this day and it happened over 20 years ago...Still makes me feel sick..

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Addison

Addison Silver Member

Wow that is crazy stuff!!!!!

14. bepp

bepp Feelthy old bugga Legend Member

Wow how scary....bet the poor guy was traumitized by the screaming dont blame him for disappearing

15. bepp

bepp Feelthy old bugga Legend Member

Yeah that'd be right always blame the Fellas ..never the women

16. Phoebe

Phoebe Legend Member

Cops with modern day technology are catching more crims though, DNA, CCTV, a more vigilant public and making the crims days a bit harder to get away with things. everyone these days has a camera ...

Jails are full of "innocent" folks though not one of them is guilty ever.. :)

17. Kylie Middleton

Kylie Middleton Silver Member

Sorry I'm a bit late to this conversation but is it legal to own pepper spray in Aus? In NZ it isn't but if it is here then I'm for sure getting some. Had an attempted break in the other night and it left me pretty shaken!

18. AxeMan

AxeMan Legend Member

It is a grey area in WA about whether or not it can be carried for self-defence.

19. Damonii

Damonii Silver Member

It's legal to carry, illegal to declare you are carrying it for self-defence. The correct response if questioned by the cops is "I like to spray a little on my hotdog". 90% of cops will leave you alone as long as you aren't stupid enough to declare you are carrying it to use as a weapon.

Oh and it's illegal to USE for self-defence, but if you are ever in that situation... f**k the law stay alive deal with fallout later.

20. Red Rum

Red Rum Silver Member

Did someone forget about the fuse box and gas valves??...these can be turned off so easily
    Why not invest in putting a lock on then?!
    Check out with your gas and electric company for compliance...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Nymph

Nymph Silver Member

*~BUMP~*

Awesome posts like this need to be rekindled.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dodge

Dodge Bronze Member

Indeed, some useful information for us all.

23. vinylspinner

vinylspinner Bronze Member

interesting information. This is pretty interesting

24. scavenger

scavenger Gold Member

Is that because your security don't know about any other arrangements, ,

25. Perthrick

Perthrick Bronze Member

Glad this is at the top of the forums. One tends to forget how nutty the nutters are out there and the lengths they will go to.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. scavenger

scavenger Gold Member

Makes sense for sure in theory, I just notice in reality WLs I have visit for anything over 2 hours demand getting food and that usually means going somewhere. Although it's mainly privates and we know each other.I'm thinking maybe I got to get some good discipline and decision making into em.

27. Langtrees @ Darwin

Langtrees @ Darwin (08) 8914 0058 Legend Member

I read not so long ago, when you go to bed, take your car keys and leave them beside your bed.
    If you think that someone is trying to break into your house, press the car alarm and 9/10 it will send the
    burglar fleeing.
    Just adding this in there as i feel its a brilliant idea.

28. APOLE

APOLE Bronze Member

Some good info for the ladies, I will copy and send it to a few f friends.

29. Ginkled

Ginkled Silver Member

I must add this.
    I see so many females out walking or jogging with headphones on, i suggest keeping the music low and only 1 plug in you ear. Going past parks u will not see or hear a rapist walking from behind a tree to grab you.
    Even when walking and using a phone. Place the phone on speaker so u dont have it to ur ear. The other person on the other end can hear u calling for help from a distance if u r attacked from behind or dragged.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. APOLE

APOLE Bronze Member

Good advice.

• Agree Agree x 1