1. My last notice about soft dicks has worked well so will try another...the forum traffic and posts and interaction is picking up and we want more interaction from everyone. I understand some can't learn to post , either too shy or too lazy but you can learn to use the emoji's which are on the bottom right of every post. Use the like or dislike button...let strangers know you have passed their way and appreciate they have made the effort with the post. USE THE EMOJI'S and this way you are joining in...it does make a difference.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad News With Darwin's RSL Club Burning Down

Discussion in 'Chit Chat,Gossip & Humor Forum' started by Tania, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Tania

Tania Staff Member Moderator

Sunday morning I woke to the devastating news that the Darwin RSL Club In Cavanagh Street had been destroyed by fire.
    Memorabilia was destroyed as was the hearts of those returned servicemen who meet there regularly for a meal and a chat with old mates.
    But in true Darwin style people are already offering to help with Memorabilia and working on a place for the RSL to meet here in the city.

To make matters even worse it is being investigated as an act of arson.
    Full Story Here http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-24/rsl-fire-in-darwin-causes-damage-but-no-injuries/9903636

• Empathy Empathy x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mary-Anne K

Mary-Anne K Administrator Battle Axe

Has there been any more said about how it happened?

3. Tania

Tania Staff Member Moderator

I was talking to one of the investigators this morning and he said they have pretty much ruled out any foul play and that it looks like it may have been started from an electrical fault.

4. Suzette

Suzette Silver Member

There is nothing like good conversation in familiar surroundings and I am sure there would have been many secrets shared around the tables and many stories exaggerated, like a fishing story.
    I wonder if there was some stories that came from the Chill Out Lounge perhaps we will never know.